Buying golf clubs in DFW

1,836 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by t - cam
aggiebonzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have recommendations on where to buy an iron set and have them fitted in DFW?
Van Buren Boy
AG
Club champion
jj9000
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

Club champion

This.

Or...go see Bo at Golftech in Plano. Not Golftec...Golftech. He's the best club builder in DFW.
aggiebonzo
AG
Thanks!
khaos288
AG
Lou's before 4pm on a week day
AggieC07
AG
Any decent used equipment stores (outside the big box)?
khaos288
AG
AggieC07 said:

Any decent used equipment stores (outside the big box)?

Lou's anytime
TresPuertas
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

Club champion
The only reason that I would refute this is because I got suckered into paying $1500 for a set of irons from Club Champion that I would have put together myself for close to half that. The fitting wasgreat and I've since had a problem with the irons that needed to be adjusted and Joel at Club Champion was great about letting me come back in and solving the problem. Great service, and great fitting, but not worth 2x you'll end up with out the door.

My suggestion is to go get fit somewhere and go to Lou's. As far as price goes, they are pretty untouchable and can order anything to your specifications
'03ag
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like the fitting and post sale service added significant value to the purchase.
TresPuertas
AG
'03ag said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like the fitting and post sale service added significant value to the purchase.
I probably could have been more descriptive, my mistake.

I was trying to say that my experience was overall good, but not near worth what it cost me to buy the clubs from Club Champion

And no, they didn't roll the cost of the fitting into the clubs either. They were nice people and the fitting was probably equivalent to something you could get anywhere else, but again, I paid $1,500 for a set of clubs that should have cost me $800
jj9000
AG
'03ag said:

It did. But, not at the price he paid.

The price of the fitting as a standalone get's you your club type and specs.

If you want white-glove treatment applied to your clubs (irons ordered...shafts pulled and thrown in the garbage...custom shafts installed and PURE'd if you want it...loft/lie angle adjusted...clubs swingweighted...grips installed...etc)...the price is about 2x-3x what it would cost you to get your specs and place a custom order through Discount Dan's (or whatever retailer you choose).
aggolfer
AG
another vote for Bo.
t - cam
AG
TresPuertas said:

'03ag said:

I probably could have been more descriptive, my mistake.

I was trying to say that my experience was overall good, but not near worth what it cost me to buy the clubs from Club Champion

And no, they didn't roll the cost of the fitting into the clubs either. They were nice people and the fitting was probably equivalent to something you could get anywhere else, but again, I paid $1,500 for a set of clubs that should have cost me $800
Sounds like a YOU problem.
TresPuertas
AG
I'll smack your face
t - cam
AG
TresPuertas said:

I'll smack your face

Haha
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.