Selling "World's Largest Antique Golf Collection"

1,067 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by toddthejetguy
toddthejetguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am trying to find a home for "the world's largest antique golf collection". Detailed collection list

The collection consists of fine, antique wood-shafted, pre-1930 golf clubs, antique balls, trophies, ephemera and other memorabilia (approximately 17,000 clubs, 1,000 balls, and a few thousand other pieces). Please see our website for more information: http://ecogrun.com and for some additional pictures click here

This collection represents a single source in which someone can immediately corner the market for golf collectibles for corporate gifts, charity, retail, decoration, merchandising, a club museum, hickory golf tournaments and other uses.

For a referral to the buyer of the entire collection I am offering a 3% commission on the final sales price, which is a negotiable $500,000.

If you are interested (or have a referral), as a next step I recommend scheduling a time for a private viewing of the collection in Austin, Texas.

My friend acquired these over the last 30 years with the idea of marketing them upon his retirement. Now, at 77 years of age, he would like to sell the entire collection.

If you have any questions, just drop me an email: toddr@ecogrun.com

Mr.Bond
mpezll
AG
Whoa
Oso96
AG
Very impressive collection. What is something like this worth? Is all of this in his house or does he have a museum?
98Ag99Grad
AG
There's a golf antique store at Pebble Beach. You might try reaching out to them as well.
The Milkman
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

There's a golf antique store at Pebble Beach. You might try reaching out to them as well.

I'll put you two in touch... and take that 3%
BigHitterDaLama
Are we sure this isn't JJ incognito trying to sell some more clubs?
toddthejetguy
AG
Oso96 he has the collection housed in a basement (couple of decades back he had a museum).

If you are looking at the value, while all are rare, about 2,000 of the clubs are considered "very rare", which will put them in a $500+ range, on a per club basis. The other 15,000 could retail from $100-$300 each. If you use $500 each for the very rare clubs and use $200 as a midpoint on the others, you are looking at a value of $3,000,000 for the clubs alone. This is why this could be a great retail play for anyone who is interested in selling them on a one-off basis (the buyer would be in the clubs at ~$30 each--and still have everything else to sell as well and be in it at basis of $0)

98Ag99Grad and The Milkman if you are talking about Golf Links of the Past, RJ and Kip are very aware of the collection and have passed.

We have already been in touch with many of the golf tours and sponsors on a global basis, but if you have contacts please check with them.

Where we think there may be an excellent fit and could use some help is in Japan. With the Olympics coming to Tokyo in 2020 and golf again being a sport, this could be perfect.

BigHitterDaLama I am not and do not know JJ

Ag_07
AG
Have you posted this on the GolfWRX forums? The Equipment or the Classifieds forums are a pretty good resource for anything equipment related. People over there know their stuff and are pretty serious equipment geeks.

Hell you may even be able to get GolfWRX to do a little story on the collection.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Ag_07 said:

Have you posted this on the GolfWRX forums? The Equipment or the Classifieds forums are a pretty good resource for anything equipment related. People over there know their stuff and are pretty serious equipment geeks.

Hell you may even be able to get GolfWRX to do a little story on the collection.

Excellent suggestion.
BigHitterDaLama
KPKG said:

Oso96 he has the collection housed in a basement (couple of decades back he had a museum).

If you are looking at the value, while all are rare, about 2,000 of the clubs are considered "very rare", which will put them in a $500+ range, on a per club basis. The other 15,000 could retail from $100-$300 each. If you use $500 each for the very rare clubs and use $200 as a midpoint on the others, you are looking at a value of $3,000,000 for the clubs alone. This is why this could be a great retail play for anyone who is interested in selling them on a one-off basis (the buyer would be in the clubs at ~$30 each--and still have everything else to sell as well and be in it at basis of $0)

98Ag99Grad and The Milkman if you are talking about Golf Links of the Past, RJ and Kip are very aware of the collection and have passed.

We have already been in touch with many of the golf tours and sponsors on a global basis, but if you have contacts please check with them.

Where we think there may be an excellent fit and could use some help is in Japan. With the Olympics coming to Tokyo in 2020 and golf again being a sport, this could be perfect.

BigHitterDaLama I am not and do not know JJ

You should.....could be your next huge client...LOL
toddthejetguy
AG
Ag_07 I have not posted to GolfWRX forums...will get that accomplished some time today. Thank you!

UPDATE: GolfWRX will not let me post due to my offering being "bulk selling, or liquidations of inventory"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.