Houston Used Clubs

1,682 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BAS for life
Chip Douglas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is a good place to shop used clubs around Houston? I used to go to Strictly Golf before they closed for used clubs and any work I needed done, but since they've closed I haven't really found a shop I like outside of big box stores.

I'm on the west side of town and checked out Impact Golf a few days ago. Pretty limited selection but have heard good things about Mike for working on clubs.
jj9000
AG
jj9000@texags.com
Oso96
AG
I have a bunch of Taylormade stuff that I could part with. What are you looking for?
Poot
The Edwin Watts on Westheimer is my new go-to since Strictly Golf closed up shop. It's no where near as good as far as used inventory, but they usually have a few interesting things. The employees are usually really nice in there too.
Aggie369
AG
Their club builder is pretty knowledgeable and used to work for ping
oldschool87
AG
2ndswing.com

starched_bingo
Or if you're ever in the dallas area stop by club finders or look at their clubs online. They have an obsurb amount of inventory
1208HawkTree
AG
SG shut down? Last time I was there they had just moved into the shop on West Alabama. Granted that was probably 6-7 years ago, but that's a surprise. They definitely had a hardcore fan/customer base.
Chip Douglas
Thanks for the replies. Really just looking for a shop similar to Strictly Golf, if that even exists today. I'm on WRX and all of the other places online and know where to find used clubs if there is something I really want. SG was just nice to have a great selection in store to put your hands on and great staff there as well.

I'm not looking for anything in particular other than a good local small business to give my money, rather than Golf Galaxy, Edwin Watts type stores, which are way overpriced on the used markets. I don't really buy new clubs, I typically buy one or two year old clubs and don't pay the current year premium.
BAS for life
Clubs n Covers located in Stafford. They have an online shop, but in person they have way more clubs. Decent place if you are looking to browse some used equipment
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.