Another Poor Valero Field....

4,541 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agsalaska
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't remember seeking a guy shoot in the 60s, 70s, and 80 in a three day span, and three guys did it this week. One guy opened with a 67 on Thursday, and shot 85 on Saturday.
tandy miller
AG
aggiedent said:

Did anybody else noticed how small the crowds looked on TV Saturday? Don't think I've ever seen such a small looking crowd in the US.

I noticed this. Looked pretty sparse
FJB
birdman
Crowds were small. But I think weather had something to do with that.
Yesterday
AG
Cold and windy does not mesh with South Texas.
AgsMyDude
AG
Opening weekend for Fiesta doesn't help.
jja79
AG
It was bitterly cold and windy for April. I was very surprised how good the crowd was. I'm basing that on being on site from 9 to 6 yesterday.
The Milkman
AG
The TV folks kept saying how cold it was, but the weather channel was saying like 65. I know it's colder than we're used to for late April, but it sounds quite nice

Did it just feel colder because of the wind?
watty
AG
Ryan Palmer doing what we have seen far too often over the last couple years. Got into contention on Saturday only to fall apart on Sunday. Everyone else above him today is under par, but he's +2 through 6, having missed four putts inside 12 feet so far. No birdies. So frustrating. Was tied for 4th coming into the day, now tied for 14th, 5 shots back.
watty
AG
Palmer looking at another potential bogey on 7.
Unemployed
AG
Dude doesn't have what it takes to win on tour.

He's good enough to make a damn good living and to keep his card each year, though.
Yesterday
AG
RealTalk said:

Dude doesn't have what it takes to win on tour.

He's good enough to make a damn good living and to keep his card each year, though.

He's won three times including a couple of low Sunday rounds to win. I do agree that he's stumbled to the finish line several times now as of late but 90% of PGA tour golfers would love to have the career Palmer has had.
AustinCountyAg
meh
birdman
His rounds are typical of player in the top 100 but not in top 25. You only notice because he's an Aggie.

Your observations are not insightful or accurate.
jja79
AG
All 6 in my group now own VTO jackets but it wasn't enough. It was cold.
AgsMyDude
AG
The Milkman said:

The TV folks kept saying how cold it was, but the weather channel was saying like 65. I know it's colder than we're used to for late April, but it sounds quite nice

Did it just feel colder because of the wind?

I'm 15 mins from the course but didn't get to make it out yesterday, it was pretty dang cold (especially with the wind blowing and no sun)
TyHolden
AG
Kooch goes for the free beer afterwards
Agnzona
He said he was you going to wear maroon again today. He then comes out in blue and folds like a camping chair, WTF?
jja79
AG
He's -1 today, T6.
watty
AG
Palmer brought it around on the back 9. If he can birdie the 18th, he'll finish in the top 5.

He's had two putts this side that literally missed by one inch.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Nice celebration by Chappel after making his putt on 18. Good for him.
Unemployed
AG
Agnzona said:

He said he was you going to wear maroon again today. He then comes out in blue and folds like a camping chair, WTF?
Thought he said that he hope Spieth has a burnt orange Under Armour shirt so he can wear the maroon Columbia shirt again next week.
Yesterday
AG
RealTalk said:

Agnzona said:

Thought he said that he hope Spieth has a burnt orange Under Armour shirt so he can wear the maroon Columbia shirt again next week.

This.
agsalaska
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Nice celebration by Chappel after making his putt on 18. Good for him.
6 runner up finishes in his first 6 seasons including 4 last year.

I like watching first time winners.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.