Cabo golf recommendations

2,844 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by David_Puddy
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the lady booked a surprise bday trip for us for the 2nd weekend of June and I am going to play golf at least one day. We are staying at the Secrets Los Cabos which is located right next to Puerto Los Cabos golf course. I've played both Cabo del Sol and Puerto Los Cabos already, with Cabo del Sol being more memorable for me (although that par 3 where you're hitting 200 feet downhill into the green at Puerto is pretty phenomenal). Should I make a decision between one of these 2 or do you guys recommend another course?
Ag_07
AG
We played Palmilla last year when we were there and it was awesome. Great course

We bit the bullet and did a timeshare breakfast and presentation and got to play for $40. Plus the women got comped some spa crap so it worked out for both parties.

David_Puddy
AG
That was one of the ones I was looking at. Looks like I can get a late morning tee time for ~$140 (I'd honestly pay an extra $100 to avoid the timeshare nonsense). Have you played any other courses there?
Ag_07
AG
No we only got to play one day.

If you have any type of connections down there you may want to try and get on at Quivara (Jack's new course). It looks absolutely amazing but is only available for play if you're staying at Pueblo Bonita.

Same goes for Tiger's course at Diamante.

Here's a pic from Palmilla. It's an awesome course.

natvet
AG
Quivara was awesome. By far the most picturesque place I have ever played. Allow 5 to 5 1/2 hours to play it. It takes so long because you stop and take pics and stop to eat and drink and some of the holes are 5 minute drive to the next tee box.
David_Puddy
AG
I did see that Quivara course on google, but unfortunately I don't have any connections. That place looks phenomenal.
AgLA06
AG
David_Puddy said:

I did see that Quivara course on google, but unfortunately I don't have any connections. That place looks phenomenal.

It's $315 even if you're staying at the resort
David_Puddy
AG
Yikes!
The D
AG
AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

It's $315 even if you're staying at the resort

We stayed at one of their resorts last June and paid like $150.

It's the best course I've ever played, nothing is even close.
The D
AG
David_Puddy said:

You have to play it. I would pay $500 to play it again. The round took like 7 hours and it was the best 7 hours I've had on the golf course. Wasn't cause it was crowded, the course is just on a massive piece of property plus there are either 3 or 4 food stations where we took a 15 -20 minute break and just hung out and boozed.
AgLA06
AG
That's a different story. I just looked at their website to see what a week stay would cost and one of the options was to prepay for a round. It was listed at $315.
David_Puddy
AG
I actually got a response from them from an earlier email and I had indicated that I'm not staying on one of their properties so we will see what they say. I'll sit through a timeshare presentation to be able to play it from the pics that I saw online. The email said this...

Hola, Alejandro will be taking good care of you and will explain to you what you can do in order to get the tee time at Quivira!
The D
AG

First hole. Literally drive onto the beach.

pretty incredible course
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
I've played Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol. If i was going back and could only play one of those, it'd be CDS.

Diamante (and now Quivara) are on the list to figure a way to play next time i'm down there.
The D
AG
I didn't play sol. We had 12 in our group that played quivira and 4 played sol the next day, while the others went to the pool all day. The guys that played sol said they wish they played it before quiviria. Said there was some nice holes but Quivira blew it out of the water.
txags11
AG
I played Cabo del Sol and Puerto Los Cabos when I was there this summer, and I felt there was better views at PLC and the all you can eat/drink for the 165 is so great..I'd gladly go back to PLC
David_Puddy
AG
So I got offered to play for free out at Quivara but I'd have to do the property tour (which they said 90 minutes - 2 hours). I really really hate those damn tours, but that course looks really badass. Worth it? That basically takes up an entire day when you factor the tour into the golf, and I'd have to talk the other half into it as well.
Ag_07
AG
Dude...Just do it. That is a top 100 course. Plus its all inclusive food and booze as you play.

When did ours for Palmilla we just straight up told him we weren't interested and we were doing it for cheap golf and spa gift cards. They know what's up.
David_Puddy
AG
Got a mid morning tee time at Quivara on 6/14 after I do the property tour at 9 a.m.
m4bach
AG
David (or anyone else who has played Quivara), who did you contact to get the property tour in order to get on Quivara? I'm going in july and would like to go that route.
ElCheAg
AG
Damn, homie! Looks nice.
David_Puddy
AG
m4bach said:

David (or anyone else who has played Quivara), who did you contact to get the property tour in order to get on Quivara? I'm going in july and would like to go that route.

I just used the email on their website and someone got back to me within a couple of days. The guy that booked all of my stuff is named Alejandro Zermeno, but he doesn't have a personal email.

I will report back after my trip with pics and details on the property tour and I have no intention nor $ to get locked in.
The D
AG
David_Puddy said:

m4bach said:

I just used the email on their website and someone got back to me within a couple of days. The guy that booked all of my stuff is named Alejandro Zermeno, but he doesn't have a personal email.

I will report back after my trip with pics and details on the property tour and I have no intention nor $ to get locked in.

Puddy, so I'm assuming it was everything I hyped it up to be ? Post some pics !
Flexbone
Place looks awesome. Oh, and Cabo.
David_Puddy
AG
Place was incredible! Thanks again for the info beforehand. Holes 5-14 were unreal, basically all carved through the cliffs. The wind there and especially on those holes is no joke. I've played some pretty good courses here in Texas, Palm Springs, Vegas, and Florida and the only other course comparable that I've played would be Bighorn in Palm Springs (albiet that is all mountains/canyon golf) vs. oceanside golf.

Certainly well worth the b.s. tour/presentation beforehand where they tried to fleece me for $17k for 100 years of partial ownership in some crappy condo. Getting to play that course for $100 + an extra $50 for the woman to ride along vs. ~$250 for CDS or the Secrets course on our resort was a phenomenal deal. Any of you heading to Cabo in the near future should play this course hands down. Just have to hop on their website and send them an email and someone will respond within a couple of days (unless you're staying on one of their resorts then you can play it). Anyway, here are some pics....

The D
AG
Although every one likes those 2 signatures holes (5 &6), I think my favorite was hole 10. Dogleg right par 5 downhill with that massive sand dune all the way down the left side. Ocean in the background and that other resort and golf course down to the right. The size of the dunes out there are incredible. That pool at the hotel to the right of that hole is massive

Nice pics btw

Didn't mean to use that emoji
Agnzona
One of you guys buy a damn unit and then rent it out to the rest of us.
David_Puddy
AG
The D said:

Although every one likes those 2 signatures holes (5 &6), I think my favorite was hole 10. Dogleg right par 5 downhill with that massive sand dune all the way down the left side. Ocean in the background and that other resort and golf course down to the right. The size of the dunes out there are incredible. That pool at the hotel to the right of that hole is massive

Nice pics btw

Didn't mean to use that emoji

Yea, that is a cool hole and that is the biggest and brightest blue pool that I've ever seen at whatever resort that is (you can see that pool in the background of my last pic). There was a foursome and threesome at that comfort station on 8 waiting on them to finish cooking their food so I just had them fill up my cooler and jumped those 2 groups, which kept it from being a 6+ hour round. I've got a couple of videos but don't know how/where to host them online
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.