Zurich Classic of New Orleans - Teams

5,538 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FirefightAg
EKUAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw Speith committed to play. He picked Ryan Palmer as his partner.

Other committed teams
Day/Fowler
Watson/Holmes
Oosthuizen/Grace
Rose/Stenson

Thoughts in the teams and the format?
FTAco07
AG
Love it. Can't wait for something different and exciting to spice up an otherwise lower tier tournament. Good for Palmer getting in with Speith, should be a fun week.
LHIOB
AG
Is it on CBS? If so there is a 100% chance Nantz uses the phrase "Texas 2 Step"
Mr.Bond
AG
Is it 2 man scrambles or best ball?
clintaggie04
AG
I hope they wear maroon and burnt orange everyday.
Yesterday
AG
Out freaking standing! So glad someone decided to spice up PGA tour golf. I love golf, I really love golf and even I get bored of the same ole same ole.
EKUAg
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Sounds like it will be a mix of foursomes (alt shot) and four ball.
Yesterday
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Alternate shot and best ball. Two of each during the four rounds. I wish it were a scramble. That way we can finally call BS on your average Joe scramble team when they come in with 52's meanwhile Day and Fowler come in with 58's.
_lefraud_
AG
LHIOB said:

Is it on CBS? If so there is a 100% chance Nantz uses the phrase "Texas 2 Step"

Looks like Jimmy Walker and Sean O'Hair are also paired together.
jja79
AG
Nantz makes it hard to watch CBS.
Bunk Moreland
I like Nantz. Even with his kitchiness.

He tries to evoke emotion into his broadcasting, and I appreciate his style in which he does it, even when it doesn't deliver perfect.

I do definitely think he's searching for his "moment" though, to make the perfect call in the perfect situation. Like all things he just needs to relax and let it happen naturally.
FTAco07
AG
I like Nantz and Faldo much better than Johnny Miller, but the CBS coverage sucks. They focus on just a couple players, hardly show any live golf, and spend too much time on other "stories" and features at the expense of golf. I'd rather put up with Johnny Miller if it means I get the superior on course coverage from NBC.
LHIOB
AG
Sir Nick Faldo is pretty great. He knows the courses and he it seems like hes won almost every tourney he covers. He also isnt afraid to speak his mind. He is perfect for The Masters since he knows that course like the back of his hand.

I dont mind Nantz but half of his lines are so corny.

Notah Begay however is such a beating. He got a job in broadcasting because he was Tigers roommate and could get access to him. No need for that anymore. They could replace him with anyone and it would be better.
KatyAg01
AG
LHIOB said:

Sir Nick Faldo is pretty great. He knows the courses and he it seems like hes won almost every tourney he covers. He also isnt afraid to speak his mind. He is perfect for The Masters since he knows that course like the back of his hand.

I dont mind Nantz but half of his lines are so corny.

Notah Begay however is such a beating. He got a job in broadcasting because he was Tigers roommate and could get access to him. No need for that anymore. They could replace him with anyone and it would be better.

Jim Nantz hates having to throw it over to Begay. He misses the days when he could proclaim that David
Fa-hair-tee was calling the action from the course.
LHIOB
AG
Ive said it on this board before but David Ferhety is the best person at his job in the world.
The Milkman
AG
What rules are there for choosing partners? I'm surprised there isnt something to stop players like Fowler/Day partnering up since they are both so high in the OWGR
White Liberals=The Worst
LHIOB said:

Ive said it on this board before but David Ferhety is the best person at his job in the world.
Yep. He's just a real dude and isn't afraid to say something stupid or inject some comedy when appropriate. Loved when he was talking about Pat Perez's hair blowing in the wind in one of the earlier tourney's this year. Can't remember if he used the word beautiful, majestic or marvelous but it was awesome.
Big Cat `93
AG
Loved Faldo dropping Genesis lyrics at Riviera this year.
jja79
AG
Nantz and Begay are at different networks.
Quinn
AG
The Milkman said:

What rules are there for choosing partners? I'm surprised there isnt something to stop players like Fowler/Day partnering up since they are both so high in the OWGR
Higher ranked player gets to choose their teammate. I bet the tournament is glad to have some high ranked teams. They have a pretty good draw from what I've seen.
AggieC07
AG
Looks like Palmer/ Spieth bet stems from a bet
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-jordan-spieth-found-his-partner-for-new-orleans-wesley-bryan-victory-meal-ian-poulter-untimely-putting-woes?mbid=social_facebook
agsalaska
AG
I knew James Edmondson pretty well growing up and played a lot of golf with him. I haven't seen him in probably 15 years but back then he was a really good dude. I'm sure he still is.

In fact after I left Texas I lost touch for a time with a lot of the people I grew up with and found out he was caddying for Palmer by watching some tournament. I kept looking and was like WTF? Of course we couldn't rewind our TV then so I just had to keep watching. I emailed one of our golfing buddies from back then and he confirmed what I saw.

Yesterday
AG
Does anyone know how the winner/s will be rewarded? I.E. Masters invited, other majors invites etc?
powerbelly
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Does anyone know how the winner/s will be rewarded? I.E. Masters invited, other majors invites etc?

Quote:

In addition to divvying up the $7.2 million purse, both teammates will earn a two-year exemption on the PGA Tour and be eligible for invitational events like the Players Championship and the Tournament of Champions.

Each player will also receive FedEx Cup points by combining every two positions from the official FedEx Cup point list and splitting them evenly. For example, the winner of the event would receive 500 points and the runner-up 300, so each player on the winning team will receive 400 points (half of the total 800 from first and second; the prize money will be split the same way).

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/04/19/zurich-classic-new-format-2017-everything-you-need-know

Not sure how major invites will go.
Yesterday
AG
powerbelly51 said:

03ki11erAG said:

Quote:

In addition to divvying up the $7.2 million purse, both teammates will earn a two-year exemption on the PGA Tour and be eligible for invitational events like the Players Championship and the Tournament of Champions.

Each player will also receive FedEx Cup points by combining every two positions from the official FedEx Cup point list and splitting them evenly. For example, the winner of the event would receive 500 points and the runner-up 300, so each player on the winning team will receive 400 points (half of the total 800 from first and second; the prize money will be split the same way).

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/04/19/zurich-classic-new-format-2017-everything-you-need-know

Not sure how major invites will go.
Thanks, just read where the Masters will not give an invite to the winning team. Glad to see the PGA step up. Not sure about the US Open or the Open.
EKUAg
AG
Palmer confirmed the circumstances in his post round interview on CBS today. He was wearing maroon today. When brought up about an Aggie and Longhorn playing together he said he was planning on wearing the maroon shirt and was going to see if Speith would wear a burnt orange.
Rusty GCS
AG
That's a fun course also. Great event to go to. O
tandy miller
AG
Who do yall think will win?

I like Day/Fowler
powerbelly
AG
Give me Grace/Oosthuizen
LHIOB
AG
I wish our boys had picked their Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup partners.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Day/Fowler or Stenson/Rose
Lukeno
AG
Rose/Stenson
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Palmer didn't wear the aggie shirt.

This is a fun group... Palmer/Spieth & Justin Thomas/Bud Cauley
bagger05
AG
Palmer/Spieth having a good day so far.
EKUAg
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Palmer didn't wear the aggie shirt.

This is a fun group... Palmer/Spieth & Justin Thomas/Bud Cauley

Saturday they are planning Mardi Gras colors. Sunday Cowboys colors. Leaves tomorrow for school colors?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.