Scotty Cameron value?

1,714 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SkierAg
clintaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport (silver and red) that is at least 5 years old but I honestly don't know exactly when I got it. I want to sell it to a friend. How do I find a fair value?
Ag_07
AG
I would keep an eye or even ask on the GolfWRX classified board. There's all kinds is SC gear on there.

Off the top of my head is say $250 or so. And that's just a guess based on what I see Newports going for. I could be way off though.
BigHitterDaLama
Post some pics on here. I can give you a close range.
clintaggie04
AG
Thanks!!

BigHitterDaLama
$250 all day long in that condition.....Great putter.
clintaggie04
AG
So if I sold to him for $250 would you say he is getting a good deal or paying the max I could get for it?

And thanks again!
BigHitterDaLama
clintaggie04 said:

So if I sold to him for $250 would you say he is getting a good deal or paying the max I could get for it?

And thanks again.
I think that is very fair for both sides....keeping in mind on ebay, you lose almost 10% of the final sale price plus paypal's cut......so if you sell it for $300 (which i dont think would happen) you are pocketing about $265.....plus the hassle of shipping and the always possibility of getting a bad customer.

Just looked on ebay. $250 is good for both parties, IMO....

EDIT: one close to this is at $255 with 50 minutes left in auction. It may push $300, it may not. Take $250 cash and have your buddy buy you a few beers after a round.

clintaggie04
AG
Awesome. Thanks.

If for some reason he backs out I will post it for sale here before eBay or anything.
GIF Reactor
AG
That is a beautiful putter. I'd hang on to that.
clintaggie04
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

That is a beautiful putter. I'd hang on to that.

I am selling it to help pay for a new one. I want the Newport 3 that just came out. I very much prefer heel shafted putters and it is just time for a change.

Edit to add photos of the new one...

Mr.Bond
AG
Love my Newport 3
GIF Reactor
AG
I have a heel shafted Lynx putter from the 80's....trade you straight up.
jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Love my Newport 3

At least you finally acknowledged...and said the Del Mar is...indeed..the "Baylor Putter".

"It measures 125 yards to the stick...but..it's a 110 yard shot. It's a 5 iron shot...Jim. Grab your 5 iron Jim...I know your swing".
Mr.Bond
AG
jj9000 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Love my Newport 3

At least you finally acknowledged...and said the Del Mar is...indeed..the "Baylor Putter".

"It measures 125 yards to the stick...but..it's a 110 yard shot. It's a 5 iron shot...Jim. Grab your 5 iron Jim...I know your swing".

Dick. And secondly that other pairing was hilarious
SkierAg
AG
I have a studio select Kombi with a fatso grip on it in trying to unload for a new SC if anyone is interested. I'm in the Dallas area
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.