Golf Instructors in Houston

2,964 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tandy miller
rosco511
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am about 6 to 8 handicap at the moment because have not played much in the last year (around a 4 when playing regularly) and am starting to get back to playing on a semi-regular basis and would like to get some lessons from an instructor in Houston to help the process. Any recommendations on instructors in Houston?
tandy miller
AG
What part of Houston? I've been to Richard Brown at Quail Valley (Sugarland) before and really liked him
jj9000
AG
I'll be there this weekend.

You could always take a look and study my swing.

....and quickly find out what NOT to do.
jonj101
tandy miller said:

What part of Houston? I've been to Richard Brown at Quail Valley (Sugarland) before and really liked him
Great coincidence - I just recently met Richard and have a full game assessment scheduled with him. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping I have finally found a golf coach/instructor versus a swing analyst.

Do you still take lessons from him?
tandy miller
AG
I haven't in a few months, but am going to start back up when my finger heals. I was actually referred to him by a cousin of mine, who has worked with richard for 10+ years, and is a +hcp
jonj101
Good to hear. He seems like someone who takes an active interest in the growth of his students.
tandy miller
AG
jonj101 said:

Good to hear. He seems like someone who takes an active interest in the growth of his students.
He absolutely does. Incredibly nice. I tried Josh @ greatwood before Richard and he just rubbed me the wrong way. Came off as very arrogant an a little bit of a dick
David_Puddy
AG
PM Swingdoc on here. He is out on the south side of Houston. Very good & a fellow Aggie
Double Twin Marine
AG
Not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone have any references for the North side, Woodlands/Spring area. I did GolfTec for about a year and liked the simulators but the instructor seemed to want to talk more about his personal life and issues he was going through the helping my game. Looking for someone who wants to see their students really lower their handicaps
rosco511
AG
tandy miller said:

Thanks for the recommendation. As for part of Houston, any part. I live inside the loop but am willing to drive for lessons from a good instructor.
tandy miller
AG
Heres his number and website
Richard Brown
(832) 457-5119

http://www.rabfore.com
Mr.Bond
AG
AW Aggie said:

Not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone have any references for the North side, Woodlands/Spring area. I did GolfTec for about a year and liked the simulators but the instructor seemed to want to talk more about his personal life and issues he was going through the helping my game. Looking for someone who wants to see their students really lower their handicaps

Ron Herridge at conroe country club
Double Twin Marine
AG
Thanks Bond. I will look him up
voorheesdn
AG
You need to see Scott Hause. Good Ag and a great golf coach. Works out at Blackhawk and Shadowhawk. Thank me later.
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
Second on Scott Hause. Great teacher, great guy.
CRM1712
AG
Haven't gone to see him but hear Neil Wilkins at Sienna Plantation is very good.
tandy miller
AG
CRM1712 said:

Haven't gone to see him but hear Neil Wilkins at Sienna Plantation is very good.
On a side note, Sienna's course is in really good shape right now as well. Especially for the price. Paid $18 Monday at 11:08
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.