Suggestion on shaft for 910H

1,841 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Goodest Poster
Dale Earnhardts Stache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks to BigHitterDaLama for gifting me a 910H hybrid head.

Now I just need to put a shaft on it and have no idea where to start. I'm leaning towards steel and going X100 or Project X 6.5.

Ideally this club would keep my driver in the bag on tight holes.

Currently, I play AP2's with the Nippon Modus 130 X shafts.

Driver is an older Burner with a Grafalloy Pro Launch Red X tipped an inch.

My issue in selecting a shaft is that I don't know anything about club fitting, swing weights or anything of the such. I've never been fit for a club and I'm on my third set of used irons in almost 20 years. My selection process for clubs is to get in the simulator and buy what feels the best.

All I know is that I'm not looking for distance and I don't have trouble getting the ball in the air. Spin rate is typically really high.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Mr.Bond
AG
Although I think all Hybrids are the devil.....id personally go graphite but that's me
khaos288
AG
have a similar shaft to this in my 3 iron. Great price for good shaft.

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf-clubs/club-making-gear/shafts/aldila-golf-nvs-wood-golf-shaft/

redditrocks gets your 5% off
jj9000
AG
Based on the Nippon 130x (Sergio shaft)...and the PL Red X...I would suggest something like this in a TX or X Flex:

https://www.golfworks.com/aldila-tour-green-nxt-gen-mlt-graphite-hybrid-shaft/p/AL0041/
BigHitterDaLama
Glad you are going to put that guy to use. Let me know what decide to go with.....

and dont listen to Bond.....without Hybrids, YE Yang never beats Tiger at the PGA Championship
BigHitterDaLama
jj9000 said:

Based on the Nippon 130x (Sergio shaft)...and the PL Red X...I would suggest something like this in a TX or X Flex:

https://www.golfworks.com/aldila-tour-green-nxt-gen-mlt-graphite-hybrid-shaft/p/AL0041/
Good deal there.

You may find a smoking deal on a shaft already tipped with 910 adapter on ebay.
Mr.Bond
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

Glad you are going to put that guy to use. Let me know what decide to go with.....

and dont listen to Bond.....without Hybrids, YE Yang never beats Tiger at the PGA Championship

Goodest Poster
AG
I cant remember which models, but I have a few Matrix shafts for fairway woods and drivers. They were $300+ each but I would sell for 50 bux. lemme know if you have interest and if so I will find them and get model#s.

Shoulda asked where you are. Im in Houston, don't really wanna ship.
powerbelly
AG
I have a DG S300 SL shaft in my Titleist 909H.

It is essentially a regular s300 with slightly less weight.
SLF11
AG
i play Moddus 120X in my irons and have the Fuji Pro 83X in my 3H and like it.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
jftx04 said:

I cant remember which models, but I have a few Matrix shafts for fairway woods and drivers. They were $300+ each but I would sell for 50 bux. lemme know if you have interest and if so I will find them and get model#s.

I live in Fort Worth or I'd take you up on that offer.

Think I'm gonna order the one that JJ mentioned.

Thanks for everyone's input.
jj9000
AG
If you order that shaft it will be delivered as a raw uncut shaft.

Make sure your club builder tips it according to spec...and butt trims it to playing length.

You'll need a 910h adapter also...should accept a .370 tip shaft.

Burner Username
jftx04 said:

Which driver shafts do you have? Any of them X flex?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
jj9000 said:

If you order that shaft it will be delivered as a raw uncut shaft.

Make sure your club builder tips it according to spec...and butt trims it to playing length.

You'll need a 910h adapter also...should accept a .370 tip shaft.

Yessir. I printed off the specs from the Aldila website. I think it is supposed to be tipped an inch and then trimmed to length from the butt. And the guy at the local shop said he had an extra adapter that he'd give me. Worst case, they can be had for about $13 online.
Goodest Poster
AG
Sorry man, i left for the ranch and forgot to look.
I actually only have 1 Matrix left and its thr HD Radix VI in Stiff. I didnt see if its the Tour version or not, but either way its the lower end of Matrix compared to wht I thought I had left. I have 2 graffaloy blue (pro launch)in stiff as well. 1 driver, 1 fairway
Sell cheap, trade, orncatch me in good mood i might give em away. Ha
And also have a set of Ping S58 and Mizuno MP30...wont give those away
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.