Houston Mayor is an absolute Moron

18,209 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAG 05
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Mr.Bond
AG

Goose
AG
If they want to f up the tournament, don't go halfway by moving it to Memorial Park; just move it straight to Gus Wortham and get it over with quickly.
AustinCountyAg
turner is a dumbass
Aggie1391
I love the memorial course, but absolutely no fu***** way that course could is qualified to hold a PGA tournament
Mr.Bond
AG
coastalAg
AG
What an ass
bilbobag
It's on the move.. Timms is pretty much said behind closed doors it's moving. The contract with golf club of houston also expired.
bilbobag
I have a feeling the new sponsor will have a big say on where it's location will be.. no way memorial park works imho.

Security would be a nightmare
bilbobag
Timms is looking at Blue jack
Mr.Bond
AG
Leaving the golf club of Houston is a gigantic mistake imo. Champions is the only other location that makes sense and its infrastructure can't handle the crowds as of now . It's not going back to the Woodlands either. This is beyond disappointing
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

Timms is looking at Blue jack

Another infrastructure nightmare. Getting 30k people into Montgomery Texas is a horrific idea
bilbobag
That was the buzz yesterday. Don't shoot the messenger
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

I appreciate your info. Just disappointing because they finally have the perfect venue and they're going to blow it
bilbobag
Agree.

However, when the golf club of Houston changed ownership 2 yrs ago it rubbed people the wrong way. Also some pros find it difficult to get too.

This is where you give the wrong person the power to make changes.

Hopefully, the can lock down a big sponsor. They tried to play Shell for more money and Shell called their blufff..
Mr.Bond
AG
I had heard Escalante didn't care for overseeding the winter rye grass because it killed the courses quality in late. May through July which I understand. But they need to understand that they're not going to get 175 dollar green fees if it's no longer the tournament course.

I can't honestly think of any other venue that makes any kind of sense without spending tens of millions of dollars
Mr.Bond
AG
"Also some pros find it difficult to get too."

What does this mean exactly? It's 5 minutes from the airport. If they have a hard time finding it now..... Good luck finding blue jack
AustinCountyAg
bilbobag said:

Sounds like the boys at blue jack are stroking their pecker way to much. No chance in hell that setup has the ability to accommodate that many people.
AustinCountyAg
My bet is good ole Tillman will find a way to sponser it and keep it at GCOH
Mr.Bond
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

My bet is good ole Tillman will find a way to sponser it and keep it at GCOH

Tillman has been my prediction since shell announced they were bailing
Mr.Bond
AG
Doesn't hurt that UH has Redstone as their home course and Tillman is obviously a big cougar
Matsui
AG
Who is Tillman? And if it is moved into the city of Houston what would be top 3 choices?
Mr.Bond
AG
Tilman Fertitta owns landrys aka golden nugget, salt grass, Bubba Gump etc
ElCheAg
AG
Move that sh.t to Heron Lakes.
Pahdz
I understand the desire to move it within the city, problem is there isn't a course that's fit to host it. Memorial would take a lot of money to make work, does ol Sylvester want to try spinning that spending to everyone else for a once per year event?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Pahdz said:

I understand the desire to move it within the city, problem is there isn't a course that's fit to host it. Memorial would take a lot of money to make work, does ol Sylvester want to try spinning that spending to everyone else for a once per year event?

Memorial would take at least a year to overhaul without letting anyone play if...hard to do when that course is already a profit machine
agsalaska
AG
I get it to, though it is now being played at the golf club of HOUSTON!!! So from a marketing point of view it already has the name. Not to mention it is a solid championship layout.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I used to love Memorial Park. I would hate to see them F it up.

I have never been to Champions. What rules it out?
Mr.Bond
AG
Champions would need a big overhaul in infrastructure to host that many people again. They haven't hosted a big event in what? 15+ years?
agsalaska
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Champions would need a big overhaul in infrastructure to host that many people again. They haven't hosted a big event in what? 15+ years?
Yea but what has changed in 15 years fro man infrastructure standpoint? The are around TCU hasn't changed much, other than Berry Street, in the 40 years I have been alive and it handles Colonial just fine. I would imagine the same amount of people would go to the tournament at Champions today that went 15 years ago.

That just seems like a broad term to me.
billionaire
Fact- it will stay at Golf Club of Houston for 2018. NO word on sponsor.
Mr.Bond
AG
billionaire said:

Fact- it will stay at Golf Club of Houston for 2018. NO word on sponsor.

Good to know
Mr.Bond
AG
Just sharing what multiple members have expressed to me that have been there since pre 2000
98Ag99Grad
AG
Champions is hosting the 2020 US Women's Open, so are they currently working on the course for that event?
Pahdz
Mr.Bond said:

Just sharing what multiple members have expressed to me that have been there since pre 2000
I went to the 2003 Tour Championship there, granted I was 24 and totally oblivious to paying attention to things other than drinking and having a good time, but it seemed to flow well.
agsalaska
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Champions is hosting the 2020 US Women's Open, so are they currently working on the course for that event?
Yea I don't think the course itself is the concern. I think its everything else. But I don't know what all that it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.