Used Electric Cart

1,910 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tursiops93
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that we have joined the neighborhood CC, my wife and I have discussed buying our own cart. I would use it to play golf, and it could also be used to shuttle my wife and kids to the pool and back. I've never owned a cart before, can a decent used cart be found for $2k or less? How much does a new set of batteries, tires typically run? I say electric because Pebble Creek only allows electric carts on the course. What kind of recurring maintenance should I expect on an electric cart, besides batteries?
Mr.Bond
AG
Yes you can but it will be very basic. New batteries run 800-1200 depending on cart in my experience. Check out conroe golf cars. Not a whole lot of reoccurring maintenance at all really just make sure batteries have proper water levels especially during summer months
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Spend 6-8k and get a refurbished one. Can get it street legal with brakes lights, blinkers and a horn.
Mr.Bond
AG
I got a fully loaded 2011 ezgo cart last year for 3500. Custom rims, radio, great speakers, maroon and white seats, weather shields, tinted windshield, ball cleaner, lights, horn etc Oh and it was clocked doing 27 mph. So imo you don't need that large of a budget. Just shop around
La Fours
AG
I'm good with basic for my first cart. Ideally it would come with the flip up rear facing seat. But that's an extra that we don't have to have. My kids are small enough now that we could fit 3 across the bench with my daughter in my wife's lap. Just want to get a decent condition cart with good batteries and a good charger. Ball washer and cooler would be a bonus.
inozips
AG
Just watch the neighborhood. Carts turn up regularly for a variety of reasons, moving, quit playing golf. 2k will get you a decent one and usually with some accessories. As mentioned previously age of the batteries should set the price.
Just an Ag
AG
Two years ago I paid $2,500 for a two-year old electric cart (Club Car, Precedent) with all new batteries and a 1-year warranty on the batteries from Fairway Golf in Sugar Land. http://fairway4golfcarts.com It was a fleet cart from a club and was probably heavily used for two years. I added the Speed Code for an additional $100 that took the speed from 13 mph to 19 mph. Otherwise, I've replaced one part that cost about $100.
jj9000
AG
Garia
Mr.Bond
AG
jj9000 said:

Garia

He said 2k not 20k
leachfan
When buying a used cart, always assume the batteries will need to be replaced. That's about $600, but you can sell your old batteries for about $75.
OXDL45
AG
What experience does everyone have with the larger "off road" tires on your cart and using it at the local golf course.

Do most courses let you use your own even with those tires? I know at my home course before we moved it really wasn't a big deal but it was a public course and very relaxed on most rules.
14TheRoad
AG
Quote:

What experience does everyone have with the larger "off road" tires on your cart and using it at the local golf course.

Do most courses let you use your own even with those tires? I know at my home course before we moved it really wasn't a big deal but it was a public course and very relaxed on most rules.

Experience will vary by course but most if not all will not allow tires with any kind of aggressive "off-road" trail pattern. You can have over sized tires but they need to have a street pattern to them. I'd ask or go observe what personal carts look like at whatever club/course you are interested in using your own cart at.

As an fyi some courses are really anal about personal carts, even to the point of dictating what colors they can be so do a little homework before buying to ensure you get something that you can actually use.
Mr.Bond
AG
Some courses are getting crazy with private carts. Providing proof of insurance, making sure you have a giant ugly sticker on the windshield etc
La Fours
AG
My home course is pretty strict in their personal cart rules. Can only be white or beige. Cannot be lifted or have aggressive tires and electric only.
Mr.Bond
AG
Pretty ridiculous imo they dictate what colors you can have
La Fours
AG
It's a private club, they can dictate the color if they want, as a member I have to agree or stop being a member. To me it's no big deal, so I don't really care. If the color was an issue I wouldn't bother with a personal cart.
Mr.Bond
AG
I understand they can do whatever they want. I'm simply stating it's ridiculous
OXDL45
AG
Thanks for the input and responses everyone!
clintaggie04
AG
I'm sure they are out there but I have never seen a cart with a back seat that will also accommodate clubs. From my experience, they are either a four seater to drive around for fun or a two seater for golf.
Mr.Bond
AG
clintaggie04 said:

I'm sure they are out there but I have never seen a cart with a back seat that will also accommodate clubs. From my experience, they are either a four seater to drive around for fun or a two seater for golf.

They have a 4 seater that holds clubs
Tursiops93
AG
Not sure where you live, but from personal experience, DO NOT buy a refurbished cart from Action Buggies near Lake Conroe, no matter how good of a deal it APPEARS to be. They ripped me off and I have had nothing but trouble with mine and have had to put over $1500 into it. And to make it worse, when I called them to but parts, after taking my CC info, the owner instructed the guy I was speaking with to refuse to do business with me and they hung up on me.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.