Pecan Lakes

2,754 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DimeBox17
claybot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the consensus on Pecan Lakes in Navasota? Will be down in CS this weekend for a wedding and playing the campus course Friday, but looking for somewhere to play Saturday morning.

TIA!
AustinCountyAg
Great course for the money. Usually nobody there either
Txroper
AG
We were there about a month ago and the greens were like mud. They didn't put any type of winter grass on them so they were pretty rough.
C ROC N
Play the Campus course twice in my opinion, maybe change the format on Day 2 to make it fun?
LHIOB
AG
Txroper said:

We were there about a month ago and the greens were like mud. They didn't put any type of winter grass on them so they were pretty rough.

Same. The marshall told us they roll really well when they have grass on them. It was funny.
Aggie369
AG
Funny in 1st fairway then sad on the 1st green
claybot
AG
Thanks for the info! Thinking we'll do Campus Course x2.
Bunk Moreland
played there 2 weekends ago and it was terrible. $44 for a round at that course is $25 too much imo.

It's too bad. 10-15 years ago it was a great little secret. Even 5-10 years ago the course was kept up well enough.

Greens are terrible. patchy grass, no grass, dirt. Reminded me a bit of Bluebonnet Country in the lack of quality. At least that course would let you on for $10 and a cold beer to the guy in the clubhouse. You knew what you were getting into out there.

That unfortunately will be the last time I go to Pecan Lakes unless it gets new management or something and a complete overhaul. Too bad.
_lefraud_
AG
$44 ? I would have laughed at them and walked out. Crazy.
Bunk Moreland
I should have. It had been forever since I was out there...I had heard someone say it was playing ok, and was with a couple other people. So I just went along with it.
AustinCountyAg
Bunk Moreland said:

played there 2 weekends ago and it was terrible. $44 for a round at that course is $25 too much imo.

It's too bad. 10-15 years ago it was a great little secret. Even 5-10 years ago the course was kept up well enough.

Greens are terrible. patchy grass, no grass, dirt. Reminded me a bit of Bluebonnet Country in the lack of quality. At least that course would let you on for $10 and a cold beer to the guy in the clubhouse. You knew what you were getting into out there.

That unfortunately will be the last time I go to Pecan Lakes unless it gets new management or something and a complete overhaul. Too bad.

That sucks to hear. I've never payed rack rate there. I only play the course when I find a hot deal time for ten bucks or so it it's always in good shape for the price. Granted I haven't been out there since December ish.... last time I was there it seemed like they were trying to get a subdivision kind of deal out there started. Also from what I seen on Facebook lately that they are trying to get a little restaraunt started out there.

I would've figured with all the added stuff out there the course would be in decent shape?
agfan2013
AG
Used to play out there with some college buddies, and when I was in school 09 - 13. And that probably was when it mostly started to go downhill. Condition steadily got worse, they cut staff and had multiple times and only have one person trying to work the bar, check in, and golf cart area.

It's way overpriced for what you are getting. I don't remember the last time I was there, but it doesn't really matter as I don't really have any plans to ever go out there again unless they make drastic changes and up the value that you get from the course.
Txroper
AG
Last fall the greens were in great shape. I am hoping they get them back this spring
clintaggie04
AG
That place was screwed the minute Chad got the job at Pebble Creek and left Pecan Lakes.
KidDoc
AG
Played here today and it was in great shape. Very fast greens, great fairways and tee boxes. We played on a Sunday morning and no course marshall and we never spotted a beer cart or anything but other than that I really liked the course.

Now this is only my 3rd round of golf in my life so I'm no expert. Shot a 120 with some mulligans and drops which is my best score so far. Even had two legit par holes for the first time in my life. The other course I have played is campus course which is fine but i liked this one a bit more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Thisguy1
KidDoc said:

Played here today and it was in great shape. Very fast greens, great fairways and tee boxes. We played on a Sunday morning and no course marshall and we never spotted a beer cart or anything but other than that I really liked the course.

Now this is only my 3rd round of golf in my life so I'm no expert. Shot a 120 with some mulligans and drops which is my best score so far. Even had two legit par holes for the first time in my life. The other course I have played is campus course which is fine but i liked this one a bit more.

I played out there about a month ago. The fairways were terrible. It was a mix of whatever they want with St Augustine and it was pretty grown up. The greens looked rough but actually didn't roll too bad.
KidDoc
AG
Thisguy1 said:

KidDoc said:

I played out there about a month ago. The fairways were terrible. It was a mix of whatever they want with St Augustine and it was pretty grown up. The greens looked rough but actually didn't roll too bad.
There were a few patches on the fairway with some clover/high grass mostly by the drainage grates. I had to hit out of those a few times. Overall the greens were really fast today but it hasn't rained in a few weeks so that could be why.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Txroper
AG
I played out there last week and it was ok. Greens were holding good but still a little bumpy. They need to sand they or roll them. If you can get a golfnow deal it's definitely worth it if you are looking for a different option.
AustinCountyAg
Played out the yesterday and greens are complete trash. Fairways are nice but greens are the worst they've ever been. Also on a side note several bunkers are straight rocks in them. Unfortunately I didn't notice it fully until I hit a shot out of one only to see that it scratched and made a cut on the face of my 8 iron. Talk about being pissed.
jws456
AG
Yeah, its pretty terrible. Greens are like putting on lumpy velcro.
_lefraud_
AG
Price?
DimeBox17
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Price?

Too damn much for the shape the course is in. I won't be going back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.