Evnroll Putters

4,682 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag_07
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody tried one of these out or have one in their bag? Lots of buzz on WRX and they got the top blade and top mallet ranking from mygolfspy testing. I'm pretty curious, though I'm sure my putting issues are more operator/lack of practice rather than the tool. Kind of pricey, but makes sense to get one you like since the putter is used more than any other club.

https://www.mygolfspy.com/2017-mygolfspy-most-wanted-blade-putter/
https://www.mygolfspy.com/2017-most-wanted-mallet-putter/
https://evnroll.com

khaos288
AG
I love the look of every single one of those. All classic styling, with clean lines.
dodger02
AG
Even that giant ass red one?
khaos288
AG
dodger02 said:

Even that giant ass red one?
For some reason that metallic finish looks sweet to me. That ones outside of the classic look though for sure.
jj9000
AG
I spent some time at the PGA SS testing these with ProV1s that I brought from home. Before I got there I was pretty sure I was going to walk out with the ER2,

These putters put a distinct roll on the ball, but, it was hard to differentiate them from any other low lofted putter on the PGA SS flat turf.

The ER1 is a really long bladed putter...and the alignment dots are closer to the heel...so it was a strange feeling putter at address.

The ER2 felt much better than the ER1 at address...and if were to buy one of these I'd buy a ER2.

The Hatchback is a smaller (well...smaller than my Ketch Heavy) mallet. It made a different noise off the putter face...sounded like a 'tink' or 'clink' if that makes sense. Sort of hollow sounding.

I've owned several RIFE putters (Barbados...Antigua...Bimini)...and they all put the same "Rife roll" on the ball.

The designer of the Evnroll putters is the same guy that made RIFEs. If you want a much much cheaper putter to experiment with...get an older RIFE.

I couldn't tell that much of a difference.

Quinn
AG
jj9000 said:

I spent some time at the PGA SS testing these with ProV1s that I brought from home. Before I got there I was pretty sure I was going to walk out with the ER2,

These putters put a distinct roll on the ball, but, it was hard to differentiate them from any other low lofted putter on the PGA SS flat turf.

The ER1 is a really long bladed putter...and the alignment dots are closer to the heel...so it was a strange feeling putter at address.

The ER2 felt much better than the ER1 at address...and if were to buy one of these I'd buy a ER2.

The Hatchback is a smaller (well...smaller than my Ketch Heavy) mallet. It made a different noise off the putter face...sounded like a 'tink' or 'clink' if that makes sense. Sort of hollow sounding.

I've owned several RIFE putters (Barbados...Antigua...Bimini)...and they all put the same "Rife roll" on the ball.

The designer of the Evnroll putters is the same guy that made RIFEs. If you want a much much cheaper putter to experiment with...get an older RIFE.

I couldn't tell that much of a difference.

I've read the same thing about the Hatchback (ER5) having a weird sound. That would be the putter most similar to what I have now. ER2 is the one that I'm most interested in. Might check out a RIFE just to make a change to the bag.
jj9000
AG
This is the Barbados I was talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rife-Barbados-Island-Series-34-Putter-Right-handed-/192125488582?hash=item2cbb924dc6:g:wXwAAOSwTM5YwZ-M
Icecream_Ag
S
jj9000 said:

This is the Barbados I was talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rife-Barbados-Island-Series-34-Putter-Right-handed-/192125488582?hash=item2cbb924dc6:g:wXwAAOSwTM5YwZ-M
if you know where to find an Aussie head cover I'm looking for a replacement. Some jackhole swiped mine probably thinking it was a scotty. Sucker.
HouAggie
AG
I own an ER2. Two thumbs up. I'd give it three if I could. I love the way it looks and feels and my distance control has been great with it.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
I second this. Own an ER2. Subbed it in for my Odyssey Milled Collection #2.
t - cam
AG
They need a #9.
Quinn
AG
Hmmm I think I need venture up to Plano to see if they have the ER 2 to test out.
jj9000
AG
Quinn said:

Hmmm I think I need venture up to Plano to see if they have the ER 2 to test out.
The PGA SS off of 75 and Plano Parkway had each model about 2 weeks ago.
jj9000
AG
If any of you guys/gals are close to buying one of these putters, I suggest waiting for about a week.

After watching the videos and reviews of the ER2, I went ahead and bought one.

34"...370 gm...stock.

If it's no better than my current putter, I'll likely be selling it (yes...I know...throwing away money).
Quinn
AG
jj9000 said:

If any of you guys/gals are close to buying one of these putters, I suggest waiting for about a week.

34"...370 gm...stock.

If it's no better than my current putter, I'll likely be selling it (yes...I know...throwing away money).
Let me know
Icecream_Ag
S
jj9000 said:

34"...370 gm...stock.

you are the Tiger Woods of golf clubs. Always changing something.
jj9000
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

jj9000 said:

34"...370 gm...stock.

Yeah...and you guys/gals are the direct beneficiaries of my impulsive need to buy shiny things.
Icecream_Ag
S
jj9000 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

jj9000 said:

34"...370 gm...stock.

Yeah...and you guys/gals are the direct beneficiaries of my impulsive need to buy shiny things.
we graciously thank you for being such a niffler
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

jj9000 said:

34"...370 gm...stock.

Could you buy a combo set of srixons or titleist cb/mbs? thanks
dodger02
AG
There have been several of those ER2s on WRX in the past couple of weeks. Someone also sold one of those big red ugly things.
jj9000
Icecream_Ag
S
for all the crap that Mr. Bond gets for his custom putter, its only fair your inability to say no to shiny things gets mocked as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've been waiting on JJ to unload some titleist MBs..... I've got dibs
Mr.Bond
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

for all the crap that Mr. Bond gets for his custom putter, its only fair your inability to say no to shiny things gets mocked as well.

The notre Dame putter is on the book shelf as of yesterday
Icecream_Ag
S
Mr.Bond said:

Icecream_Ag said:

The notre Dame putter is on the book shelf as of yesterday
khaos288
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Closest to the pin for it? I'm terrible, but I'll use any excuse to play golf
jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Not gonna happen.

"No new irons...No new irons...No new irons...No No No"
Icecream_Ag
S
jj9000 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not gonna happen.

so new irons gonna hit TexAgs in Julyish

really need to get staff to make a calculator emoji
Mr.Bond
AG
jj9000 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not gonna happen.

Quinn
AG
https://imgur.com/a/Idmc5

Another successful Texags connection!
Thanks jj
jj9000
AG
Ag_07
AG
So these Evnroll putters are out of my price range.

However thanks to this thread I just snatched up a Rife Barbados off EBay for $75.

We'll see how it rolls this weekend. Thanks fellas!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.