Eldorado Country Club Mckinney

12,717 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by oldflyer
flogmat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on the board a member at Eldorado Country Club? I'm possibly looking to change memberships and want some insider info.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I've lived in McKinney all my life, but haven't played it in probably 8-10 years. It used to be one of the nicest and most challenging courses around, but that may not be the case anymore. From what I've heard, they've had a bit of turnover in ownership and staff that has sort of had a negative impact on the place relative to how it used to be. But I haven't had a personal experience up there in a long time so I'm not much help. Just moved back to the area last year and have been wanting to get out there again.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I was a member about 4 years ago, then moved to Georgia. Let me know of any questions you have.

Pro's:
Tight course, allows your handicap to travel well

Usually in pretty good shape

family friendly, never had any issues bring my kids under 5 and allowing them to play on the putting green or hit some shots while riding with me

Pool and workout center, but we never used either of them

Con's:

Range is on mats Mon-Thurs

Tee times - the long timers always seem to get the first 5 tee times on the weekend. (When I was a member you had to call in for your tee times, they may have went to an online systems by now)
flogmat
AG
Appreciate the response. I'm currently a member at Stonebridge Ranch. It's actually a great place. But, they've added so many new members in the last few years that I can't ever get a tee time. Pretty frustrating.

What about gentle creek? Any experience there?
DallasAggie89
AG
Interested in Gentle Creek feedback as well.
birdman
Not a member, but family is. Ditto everything that Eric said.

It is good country club. Course is great shape and lots of fun to play. Bring an extra sleeve or two of golf balls when you play, it eats golf balls.
flogmat
AG
Thanks Birdman.

Where does everyone else in the frisco area play? I'd like to get a weekly group together if I decide to discontinue my Stonebridge membership. Any of you guys on the board play regularly on Saturday?
DadAG10
I've heard good things about Hurricane Creek in Anna from golfers I know well.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
DadAG10 said:

I thought about there, but I think it it is a lifetime membership, so if you want to leave you need to find someone to purchase your membership.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm in East McKinney, but would be open to getting a regular game going.
turfaggie24
AG
I'm interested in finding a group. Live in Stonebridge Ranch and love being out on the golf course.
ph06
For those asking about Gentle Creek... It's a great option if you live in the Prosper/McKinney area. I was at Stonebridge prior and moved over with a group of guys to Gentle Creek about a year ago. The conditioning of the course is fantastic and the food is top notch (although the service is a bit lacking). There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 golfing members at this point with the idea that they would max out at 425. I would expect that to happen this summer with all of the growth in the area. Keep in mind this was previously a "golf club" and now has transitioned to a "country club". It doesn't have the huge clubhouse, workout facility and pools that some of the other clubs have but from a pure golf perspective it's a fantastic value.
cadetjay02
AG
I live in Prosper but don't have the coin or time for a country club. I like to go up to The Bridges in Gunter. Pretty wide open and good twilight rates. Also, not crowded so you don't have to deal with the epic rounds like ridge view the trails.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
What are Gentle Creek initiation and dues now a days?
aggolfer
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

DadAG10 said:

I thought about there, but I think it it is a lifetime membership, so if you want to leave you need to find someone to purchase your membership.
http://www.hurricanecreekcc.com/membership

Also interested in the Gentle Creek dues.
ph06
Current GC rates:

Young executive (22-39)- $2,500 Initiation, $395 Monthly Dues
Family (Parents and dependents under the age of 23)- $9,000 Initiation, $495 Monthly Dues

No food and beverage minimums...
belowpar
AG
If anyone wants to come down a level to our little public course. I run the MGA at Plantation. We have guys that play pretty much every evening, every weekend, tournaments once or twice/month. Full years points standings, winner of the points wins a membership to the course. Tournaments are mostly some sort of individual stroke play but there are different formats. Includes a Match Play, Club Championship, etc. If you qualify for the team, there is a full Ryder Cup weekend against Woodbridge in Wylie at the end of the year. We are 2 tournaments in to this season with our next one this upcoming Sunday.

I get it, I don't need the Plantation sucks comments, but its a great group of guys and we have a lot of fun. I can certainly add anyone to our email list if you have any interest.
SkierAg
AG
Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club just went private this past November. People tend to assume that you have to live in the Shores to be a member, but that isnt the case at all. We are the only Private Club in Rockwall County. Course is in good shape, we have added entertainment to the clubhouse grounds, and we are nearly done with our 19th Hole lounge bar area.

Aggie Eric, did you get some feedback about the place? I had forwarded your info to our GM.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
SkierAg said:

Aggie Eric, did you get some feedback about the place? I had forwarded your info to our GM.
I never heard back from anyone.
SkierAg
AG
Let me know a day and time, come out and tour. Golf is on me. We can talk details on the club, and future plans. Ill introduce you to some of the staff and members.
flogmat
AG
Looks like lots of options. I'm really just looking for a group of guys to have a semi regular tee time on Saturdays. Plantation might be an option for me. I really don't mind playing out there at all.

Bridges is also an option. Do you have a regular group out there Cadet?
belowpar
AG
Plantation MGA

There is the link to our site.
flogmat
AG
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Need a regular group that wants to play. I'll probably be able to get out every other weekend. Do most of these guys play when there aren't MGA events?

Are new guys welcome to join the group?
Robert C. Christian
AG
SkierAg said:

Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club just went private this past November. People tend to assume that you have to live in the Shores to be a member, but that isnt the case at all. We are the only Private Club in Rockwall County. Course is in good shape, we have added entertainment to the clubhouse grounds, and we are nearly done with our 19th Hole lounge bar area.

Current Rockwall resident here. Out of curiosity, what are the prices?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
SkierAg said:

Let me know a day and time, come out and tour. Golf is on me. We can talk details on the club, and future plans. Ill introduce you to some of the staff and members.
Thanks for the offer, but we are purchasing a home in McKinney now, so the drive there may be a little much.
flogmat
AG
belowpar said:

Plantation MGA

There is the link to our site.

Can I just sign up on the link? Or do I need to do something else to play in the event Sunday?
SkierAg
AG
Two options basically. And forgive me, Ive been here since Jan so Im still getting used to the info to pass on. First option for full golf membership is $3000 initiation, and $300 a month. This covers all aspects of the club(tennis, fitness, dining, obviously golf)

We have whats called an "Earn Up" program where you pay $500 of the $3000 initiation, while still paying $300 a month in dues. The cool thing about the Earn Up is you commit to 2 years and you have that length of time to pay off your remainder of initiation via purchases with the club, ie dining, golf balls, apparel, etc. The staff in the clubhouse would have far more detail.

Our 19th hole is going to be awesome, we have 2 bocce courts that are nearly done, 2 fire pits below the deck for lounging that are in construction. The deck is large and has T'V's, we have sand volleyball, 3 pools. Its going to be a really fun summer. Offer I made Aggie Eric Ill pass to you as well. Come check the place out and see what you think. And Aggie Eric, by all means regardless of the purchase in McKinney youre still welcome to come check the place out.

Our mission this year as a new private club is to really showcase to the people of Rockwall County that they can stay home to play a great track and be a member of a club at a really good deal. Too often residents think they have to live in The Shores development to be members here, thats not the case at all. Residents are leaving the city/county to go to other clubs to be members. We would love for the residents of Rockwall to join us and stay "home"
"Anything less than your best is a felony"
belowpar
AG
flogmat - sorry I never checked this again. You can shoot an email to theplantationmga (at) gmail.com and that will come to me if you want any more information. You can certainly just sign up online but I can help you out as well. Sorry I didn't see this before.
oldflyer
AG
For general info about private golf clubs in the Metromess, Avid Golfer does a yearly rating. This is 2016's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.