Fort Worth/Arlington Country Clubs

1,093 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Quinn
CashinOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just have the wife sold on the idea of a membership at Woodhaven CC in Fort Worth (with the stipulation that I drop the idea of putting a pool in at our new house). However, I called to ask if the offer was still valid, and the gentleman said that they were bought out back in October and none of the previous deals were offered.

My question is, does anyone know of a reasonably priced membership on the east side of Fort Worth/Arlington that's good for the whole family? This offer was $120/month for a FWISD employee to give you an idea of the range I was looking at.

Thanks
agsalaska
AG
Wow. That is a ridiculously low price they were offering.

I do not know of one even close to that range anywhere.
CashinOut
AG
That's what I was afraid of and probably why they were bought out
Yesterday
AG
Maybe Rolling Hills. Downside is no driving range and a short course that tips out at around 6500 yards. $120/month isn't sustainable for most clubs. Get up to $250/300 and you can get into some and still be cheaper and less hassle than a pool.
REMARCH11
AG
I would look at the PDP programs, you can normally get free range, group lesson on Saturday a couple of free rounds a month and green fee and cart for about 20 bucks. Now, I've been awayfrom the homeland so I'm not sure if most public course still have those. Isold my wifeon the Club Corp deal, lots of really great bennys!
CashinOut
AG
Thanks y'all..I looked at their membership rates again and for a "junior limited"(age 40 and younger) I can pay $180/month and play anytime M-F and after 1 Sat/Sun

I also might look in to Club Corp and see what that's all about
Yesterday
AG
Club Corp certainly has its benefits but I would still choose one that is closest to you. In my opinion the best benefit of a club is the ability to practice for free. No one wants to drive 20 minutes to hit balls. It's also nice for when the kids want to swim.
t - cam
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Club Corp certainly has its benefits but I would still choose one that is closest to you. In my opinion the best benefit of a club is the ability to practice for free. No one wants to drive 20 minutes to hit balls. It's also nice for when the kids want to swim.

Club Corp is certainly a great way to get involved in a club young. They usually are very family friendly and have tons of activities. With two little ones I rarely play golf but the club still offers a lot.
Yesterday
AG
t - cam said:

03ki11erAG said:

Club Corp is certainly a great way to get involved in a club young. They usually are very family friendly and have tons of activities. With two little ones I rarely play golf but the club still offers a lot.

No doubt. I'm a clubcorp member at Hackberry in Irving. It's a great family environment. That said I'm mainly a member here because I live about 300 yards from the 8th green.

As for Woodhaven, sounds like they just dumped a million dollars into it and are starting to entice people to join. I would give it a shot.
t - cam
AG
t - cam said:

03ki11erAG said:

That being said the membership #'s at most club Corp courses is a real hindrance to your golf access. If you have open time during the week it's probably not a problem but as a young member its likely pretty hard to get a decent tee time in the weekend.
Quinn
AG
Surprised to hear that Woodhaven is still around. My grandparents belonged there and I grew up going swimming there about 20 years ago. Hasn't that part of town gone down hill pretty significantly? I could be wrong about that...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.