Anyone ever play these grips? Black Widow Widow Maker

2,124 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by feedthemlead
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to get my irons regripped and ran across this deal... $1.50/ea for the Black Widow Widow Makers from Golf Works. I've never played a half cord before.

https://www.golfworks.com/black-widow-widow-maker-cord-golf-grips/p/PS0041/
powerbelly
AG
In my experience these don't last as long as the equivalent golf pride grip. YMMV.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I could see that, but at $1.50 a pop I could buy 4 of these for every 1 Golf Pride.
powerbelly
AG
No doubt. I don't think the cord is as good, but I play full cords and am a snob in that regard.

For $1.50 I would order a set and see how they worked out for you.
Mr.Bond
AG
At that price it's worth the risk imo
khaos288
AG
If you're going to go for cheap but quality play sharpro grips. They are the company golf pride licenses the patent from for there MCC grips.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/370474771899?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I've heard to be wary of ebay grips? Those do look exactly like the MCCs though.
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I've heard to be wary of ebay grips? Those do look exactly like the MCCs though.

Anything from China is almost guaranteed garbage. The one I linked is USA seller with 100% positive reviews with 226 of those exact sets sold. Pretty safe.
stick93
AG
I've played sharpro off and on for years. Never had a problem with wear, etc.
REMARCH11
AG
Yes, i regripped my Miuras with them a few years back, didn't last long, but I was playing a lot! Practice 2-3 a week and with no less than 2 rounds a week plus tournaments.

They lasted me about the season!
khaos288
AG
If you're looking to regrip in DFW I have a ton of Winn cords I'd sell for 1.50 a piece. I'll ever put em on for ya.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
khaos288 said:

If you're looking to regrip in DFW I have a ton of Winn cords I'd sell for 1.50 a piece. I'll ever put em on for ya.
I may take you up on that. Where in DFW are you at?
What model Winns?
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

What model Winns?

They're medallist cords. They're white if that bothers you. I'm in Lewisville, but work in Plano a couple times a week
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
khaos288 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

What model Winns?

They're medallist cords. They're white if that bothers you. I'm in Lewisville, but work in Plano a couple times a week
Thanks for the offer Khaos. I went ahead and bought some Lamkin Crossline Aces that were on sale for $2.99/ea.

http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/products/comfortable-performance/crossline-ace-golf-grips.html/
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

khaos288 said:

What model Winns?

Thanks for the offer Khaos. I went ahead and bought some Lamkin Crossline Aces that were on sale for $2.99/ea.

http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/products/comfortable-performance/crossline-ace-golf-grips.html/

Nice choice I've gamed those recently too
feedthemlead
I have played these for the past year, the wear has been normal but they are very tough on gloves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.