Lostgolfballs Question

2,542 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr.Bond
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to be in Sugarland near their building and was wondering if you can go in person to buy from them? If I'm going to be right down the street I thought I'd do that and save the $15 on shipping
jj9000
AG
Yes.

Ask if you can hand-pick the golf balls.

Then watch yourself be amazed at the tube to individual crate logistics.
txags11
AG
Hand picking is the best, and there is a ridiculous amount of milk-crates!
tandy miller
AG
I was in there a few weeks ago... I asked how many people they employed, and was shocked to find out it was ~100 folks. Figured it would be 20-30, no more than 50
jonj101
Going in person is how I've bought all my golf balls from them - I've never ordered them online.

As others mentioned you can pick them by hand if you want to, or can just have them fill up a container. Theyve also thrown in specials when they have them going on or want to move some items - I got 2 older auto-return putting mats.
The Milkman
AG
Excellent thanks for the info
Mr.Bond
AG
Don't be alarmed. It looks nothing like you would expect it to be (the building/office) but definitely worth going in person. As stated before hand picking your own eliminates those 3-4 ****ty ones out of a few dozen you get when they mail them
tandy miller
AG
Last time I was there the dude did not seem too thrilled for me to pick them out myself. He still let me, but acted like it was a HUGE inconvenience
tandy miller
AG
Also, the sign does not say "LostGolfBalls"... it says PGS (Precision Golf Ball Services)
White Liberals=The Worst
tandy miller said:

Last time I was there the dude did not seem too thrilled for me to pick them out myself. He still let me, but acted like it was a HUGE inconvenience
Always been cool when I've swung by. Maybe he was just having a crappy day.
The Milkman
AG
Update. They no longer let people pick out their own balls.
Mr.Bond
AG
Then I'll never buy from them again
tandy miller
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Then I'll never buy from them again

Are there other options in the Houston area?
Mr.Bond
AG
Not really. I'll just go to golfballs.com based out of Lafayette. Great company
tandy miller
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Not really. I'll just go to golfballs.com based out of Lafayette. Great company

Do they only sell new? With the number of balls I go through it makes much more sense for me to buy my NXT's at $7/ Doz.

Fwiw I've always bought 2nd grade from LGB and haven't hand picked them every time. Never had a quality issue
jj9000
AG
The Milkman said:

Update. They no longer let people pick out their own balls.
Really?

I remember the Owner of LGB posting on TexAgs a while back.

He played on the Aggie golf team if I remember correctly.

Maybe he'll see this thread and answer.
The Milkman
AG
Yeah they had a few signs up saying that they were putting balls in netted bags now and people wouldn't be able to pick their own anymore.

For the price and the quality... I'll be sticking with LGB for Taylormade yellow balls. I got 5 dozen today and I would certainly qualify all 60 as AAAAA like new
Mr.Bond
AG
Any free shipping promo codes going on right now? I needed one more order and if they dont allow people to hand pick anymore Ill do this and be done
jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Trying to get some Stones my brother!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Has anyone noticed a degradation in performance of the used balls? I've used LGB before, although it's been a few years. I started getting cold feet about the used market when I read a little more about how quickly water seeps into a golf ball (12 hours) and how quickly they can lose performance when submerged (5-10 yards after one week). Also, I'm not sure I'd be able to spot regular used vs. submerged for 1-2 weeks.

It's not like I've ever done a test to see how a ball looks over time while submerged, but I'd imagine submerged for a week may still look just fine after they are washed up. If someone hit it in the water the first time they teed up, for all I know it may look AAAAA a week later.
jgh85Ag
AG
Hmm, 5 to 10 yards lost? I guess I need to play used from now on. That loss in distance is the difference from being ob and just in deep rough.
dodger02
AG
I'd like to see a legit study on the impact water has on a solid core golf ball. I wonder how porous and permeable the cover and core layers are.

Most golfers are hackers or at the most just weekend guys playing for fun. I'd say anything AAAA quality at LGB is just fine for 85-90% of golfers.
Mr.Bond
AG
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1444944-bridgestone-b330-s-sale/page__gopid__15018438#entry15018438
tandy miller
AG
I like your avatar on WRX Mr. Bond
Mr.Bond
AG
John daly is my hero.... On and off the course
ElCheAg
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I still haven't seen you hit the golf ball tee'd up on a beer can.
Mr.Bond
AG
Because you haven't asked!
jj9000
AG
ElCheAg said:

Mr.Bond said:

I still haven't seen you hit the golf ball tee'd up on a beer can.
Beer?

Isn't beer against Baylor's Code of Conduct?
Mr.Bond
AG
My foot going up your assistance about to be a new code of conduct
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.