Any Denver posters playing Saturday?

913 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're driving up from OKC this week for my wife to visit some old college friends, which will leave me some free time on Saturday and the weather looks great. We're staying in Aurora, what courses should I look to try and play in that area. Thanks
LHIOB
AG
If its open play Arrowhead
mosesrab90
AG
Saddle Rock
proudaggie02
AG
Why? Long drive from Aurora for a scenic, overpriced course with average greens.

Depending on where in Aurora you're staying, I'd consider Meadow Hills or City Park for cool city courses (great views of downtown at CP), Common Ground (hosted stroke play rounds of US Am a few years ago), Murphy Creek (hosted Pub Links).

I'll be in Colorado Wine Country (Palisade) or else I'd play.
proudaggie02
AG
Also, Saddle Rock is a good course with nice views. But it's really tough.
Pahdz
I'm staying at an AirBNB house right by Delmar Park, so equidistant to Common Ground and Aurora Hills
cmac94
AG
Check out Common Ground. It's a nice course.
LHIOB
AG
proudaggie02 said:

Why? Long drive from Aurora for a scenic, overpriced course with average greens.

Depending on where in Aurora you're staying, I'd consider Meadow Hills or City Park for cool city courses (great views of downtown at CP), Common Ground (hosted stroke play rounds of US Am a few years ago), Murphy Creek (hosted Pub Links).

I'll be in Colorado Wine Country (Palisade) or else I'd play.
I loved it when I played it. Its very scenic. Ive played all over the world and it was one of prettiest courses that Ive played.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Not a fan of Arrowhead, it does have some beautiful views but terrible course in my opinion. If you want the views go to Red Rocks or one of the other state parks. Just not a good golf course.
proudaggie02
AG
^
I pretty much agree, but I think it's at least an average course. I like many of the hole layouts, but the condition of the course is similar to a $50 course in Denver... not $120.
proudaggie02
AG
Also, I think Bear Dance is a nice mix of great course and scenery.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I like Bear Dance, might be a far drive for some, but great course
dbtexasag05
I always argue for Murphy Creek in Aurora or "The Ridge" at Castle Pines.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Both very good courses. The ridge can get pretty pricy some days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.