PSA - Webb Hill CC in Wolfe City

1,466 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgGrad99
BESCo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an FYI for y'all .......

Had this course recommended to me by a golf pro friend of mine.

Semi-private CC .... ie, anyone can get on.
Wolfe City is in Hunt county .... basically halfway between Greenville (south) and Bonham (north) .... used to hunt there years ago.

Never played it, though think I should make the trip.

http://www.webbhillcountryclub.com/

"Charles Ranly (co-owner) has worked with the legendary Harvey Pennick at Austin Country Club. Harvey hired Charles as a caddie and then taught him to work in the pro shop. When Charles decided to be a golf pro and join the PGA, Mr. Pennick signed his application. Mr. Pennick is well known as a golf instructor to players like Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw and as the author of the Litte Red Book and the Little Green Golf Book."

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
A coworker of mine is from Wolfe City and a member at Webb Hill. Cheap as hell from what I understand (it is pretty damn far out from DFW) and in pretty good shape.
BESCo91
AG
Yes, agreed ..... an overnighter.
gravy97
AG
My grandparents lived in Wolfe City and i played approximate 1.5 million rounds out there as a kid. I haven't played out there in years, so I can't speak to the current condition, but the layout is great. Lots of variety in holes. Some blind shots. Big elevation changes. Big trees all around. Doglegs. Tons of great memories.
BESCo91
AG
gravy97 said:

My grandparents lived in Wolfe City and i played approximate 1.5 million rounds out there as a kid. I haven't played out there in years, so I can't speak to the current condition, but the layout is great. Lots of variety in holes. Some blind shots. Big elevation changes. Big trees all around. Doglegs. Tons of great memories.
Those are the traits that my friend cited.
Thanks for the feedback!
AgGrad99
AG
I used to know a chubby kid that played out there when I was growing up. He probably played 1.5 million rounds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.