Aaaaaand Tiger just withdrew from the next 2 tournaments

6,649 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dahouse
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DannyDuberstein said:

If making $19 million and winning multiple events makes for a trash pro, then sign my trashy ass up.
He's obviously a golfing badass compared to us, but it's like some second string NBA forward in 2003 who goes on a bit of a hot streak (by his standards), working his way just barely into the starting rotation and then immediately clowning on an old busted up Michael Jordan.

Pat Perez will never sniff a small fraction of the success Tiger Woods did over his career.

Never mind the fact that what he said would even be bad bull coming from the mouth of Jack Nicklaus. This isn't "Real Housewives of Jersey" where we need to manufacture drama for ratings. Was a crap thing to say, no matter what your thoughts are on Tiger, IMO.
Boo Weekley
Quinn said:

It was rude to say, but was any of it inaccurate? It's probably what everyone on tour was thinking, too.
There are a lot of accurate things that should not be said due to the personal nature of the comments and for the simple fact that golf is supposed to be a pretty classy sport. It would be accurate if some player went off in an interview about how Dustin Johnson was a cokehead or about how player xxx is a serial philanderer or has a drinking or prescription drug problem, but that doesn't mean it should be said imo.
agsalaska
AG
Boo,

I wasn't arguing that it was an OK thing to say. I was just pointing out how ludicrous it was calling him a trash pro. He is 64th all time in money. Ryan Palmer who is the same age is only a cpuple of spots ahead of him. I wouldn't call him a 2nd stringer either with 50 top 10s. But I get your analogy. It was a stupid thing to say.
Mr.Bond
AG
agsalaska said:

Boo,

I wasn't arguing that it was an OK thing to say. I was just pointing out how ludicrous it was calling him a trash pro. He is 6th all time in money. Ryan Palmer who is the same age is only a cpuple of spots ahead of him. I wouldn't call him a 2nd stringer either with 50 top 10s. But I get your analogy. It was a stupid thing to say.

Wait a minute.... Pat Perez is? I know he's played forever but I find that extremely difficult to believe given his complete lack of winning success
agsalaska
AG
64th. Not 6th. Stupid ****ing phone.

Ryan Palmer is 5th I think
Mr.Bond
AG
Palmer is 57
agsalaska
AG
5th? God I hat this phone.

Hate this phone. ****!!!

Obviously not 5th. I knew he was just a few spots ahead.
dahouse
AG
I've followed Pat Perez for a couple of years. Guy is really laid back and has a great attitude. He teamed up with the folks over at TheChive for charity work and launched their William Murray line of apparel. He signs every autograph that is requested, no matter what. He takes pictures with supporters during his rounds. I think people need to make sure they know someone's background before throwing out opinions based on one statement.

I feel like I would have the same attitude as Pat if I were blessed enough with talent to make it on tour.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.