Must play golf course in Maui

1,462 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AG 86 BC
Willis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be going to Maui in March for spring break and want to play some golf while out there. I figured I would try to get on Kapalua if possible, but wanted to see if there were other suggestions. Also, what will Kapalua set me back and how far in advance do I need to set a tee time?

Thanks.
UTex09
Kapalua, both courses if you can, but Plantation is better in my opinion if you only do 1. Last time I played it, it was around $300 and I made a tee time 2 days beforehand. To me, Plantation is the absolute must play - probably my favorite course I've ever played.

Ka'anapali is pretty good too. Cheaper than Kapalua.
htownag2007
AG
I didn't play Kapalua when I went there and wish that I did to this day.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
UTex09 said:

Kapalua, both courses if you can, but Plantation is better in my opinion if you only do 1. Last time I played it, it was around $300 and I made a tee time 2 days beforehand. To me, Plantation is the absolute must play - probably my favorite course I've ever played.

I'm playing all three of these in 2 weeks!
UTex09
Killin Me Smalls said:

UTex09 said:

I'm playing all three of these in 2 weeks!
This is the correct answer. Enjoy the golf!
mosesrab90
AG
take the ferry over to Lanai for a day trip and play either of the courses there. Fantastic!
Hanrahan
AG
Both Kapalua course are great.

Obviously plantation is the better of the two. I'd skip kaanapali, I wasn't that impressed. Def agree with going over to lanai and playing either course there. The Norman course is one of the very few Hawaiian courses with bent greens and is somewhat mountain set. Very different from all other Hawaiian golf I've played.
RustyBV
AG
Play plantation after twilight pricing starts (1 or 2 pm) to save money.
Discovery77
AG
Agreed with this one 100%.
DallasAggie89
AG
Skip Ka'anapali if you ask me - nothing special.

I've done Lanai twice (last time in 2009). Did the ferry and played both courses same day - fantastic. Only issue is I've read the Nicklaus course on the ocean is for guests of the Four Seasons now and I believe the Norman course is under renovation.
cpatin
AG
Kapalua is pretty amazing. Lot of people out here like the Bay course better, but Plantation is the one that hosts the PGA event. Pretty good elevation change along the course.

Kaanapali might be the most crowded since its right by all the resorts in Lahaina, but usually its pretty easy to get out there after 12 (was out there this afternoon).

Saturday and Sunday morning times are usually easier to get since thats when everyone is flying in or out.

79TAMU79
AG
The starter asked our group at Kapalua if we could read the grain of the greens. He then took us to the practice green by the starter shack and gave us a quick lesson. Best advice that I have had. These greens are very, very fast down grain, and pretty slow up grain. Dang wind blew all day and made a hard course that much tougher... Was definitely fun!
cpatin
AG
The wind out here can be brutal. Always fun when you can see your shot heading back towards you.

Lemme know if anyone is out here and needs an extra golfer.

(Username)@gmail
AG 86 BC
AG
Wailea Golf Club. Gold and Emerald courses are both worth playing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.