Fort Worth Golf

2,253 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agsalaska
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for courses in Ft. Worth? Group of friends is going to be in town next weekend and want to get a round in.
agsalaska
AG
Waterchase. Best public layout in Fort Worth.
LeFraud
What part of Fort Worth?
TX_Aggie37
AG
agsalaska said:

That's where we are going. Thanks for the feedback.
Old School Brother
agsalaska said:

agreed
turfaggie24
AG
Sky Creek Ranch-Keller
Sugar Tree-Dennis
bigfoot10s
AG
Tierra Verde in Mansfield is nice and not far away
REMARCH11
AG
1 Waterchase
2 Sugar Tree- absolutely worth the drive
agsalaska
AG
I know he has picked Waterchase which as I posted earlier I believe is the best public layout and the 3rd best layout in Tarrant Co(behind Colonial and Shady Oaks). But since you mentioned Sugar Tree I must say that it is one of my favorite courses in the world. The reason I didn't mention it is it is an 1:10 minute drive from downtown. But for those that live there it is absolutely worth the drive. Sugar Tree is, IMHO, a masterpiece in building the course into the land. It is a gem. A+ golf course design. I enjoy everything about that course. It is one of the most natural, peaceful places I have ever played golf. I used to make it out there about once a year but have not been probably since 2014 or so. I will make it this year. And hit it very, very, straight.
turfaggie24
AG
Sugar Tree is one of my favorite courses in the state. Tough to find a setting more serene on a golf course.
LeFraud
I was going to suggest Sugar Tree. I also enjoy Split Rail (Aledo). Hawks Creek is a fun track, but I'd only play it during the week.
REMARCH11
AG
Couldn't agree more. Waterchase was my home course when I lived here 8 years ago, now that I'm back, I'm dying to back and play it again. As for Sugar Tree, it is truly a shot makers course, that was the last course I played before I left for OCS, going out soon to play that one as well.
GY_AG14
AG
Southern oaks is a great value, really good shape when I played it a month ago
the Dean
AG
Personally, I prefer Texas Star (in Euless) to Waterchase, but it's a close 2nd.

Is Sugar Tree worth a 1 hr drive?
agsalaska
AG
It is without a doubt worth the drive.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Well, we played Waterchase. Great course - had a blast. Will definitely try to get out there again. Thanks for the recommendation!
agsalaska
AG
Glad you enjoyed it. Water chase is a championship layout.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.