***** 2017 PGA Tour Talk *****

15,946 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanted to start a thread for the season since having one thread for the year rather for individual tournaments seemed to work better and generate more discussion last year.

Waste Management has started today and is always a fun watch. They've got a great field and I will be most interested in seeing if Justin Thomas can keep his hot streak going.
txags11
AG
Waste Management has to be my favorite tournament of the year outside of the majors. 16 is simply amazing. I was only a kid when Tiger made his ace in 97 but the roar and reaction of the crowd still plays in my mind today.
KC_Ag14
AG
Full disclosure, I'm a Spieth fan. Yes, he's a sip. But other than that, I honestly can't find anything else to dislike about the guy. That said, unless he learns to play within himself with the driver and find his iron game again... he'll be known as "Justin Thomas' good buddy" rather than the opposite.

Thomas has the full package. Could be considered the best American golfer really soon.

Here's to watching those guys along with Reed & Koepka for the next 7-8 Ryder Cups and hopefully multiple majors for all!

Love the Waste Management because I consider it to be the unofficial kickoff event to the PGA Tour season. I know they've played a few tournaments already, but with football ending this weekend, it's all golf full steam ahead to Augusta every weekend! Who cares about basketball...
txags11
AG
I used to like him but I can't stand Spieth anymore. He's a whiny little baby when he hits a poor shot, or any little thing goes wrong during his round he whines, especially when he knows a camera is on him and is it me or is a slow player?
jj9000
AG
Whoah...let's tap the brakes on Speith being know as Justin Thomas' buddy as opposed to the other way around.

Thomas has the tools...no doubt...but let him get a Major under his belt before comparing him to someone younger than him that already has (2) Majors and a FedEx Cup.
Yesterday
AG
I got to meet him at his charity event in October. Before we met he did a little live interview along with Ryan Palmer. When Ryan gave him a little jab about the Longhorns my wife and I gave out a little whoop along with several others in the audience. He laughed it off. Anyhow, later in the evening my wife and I got to talk to him for a minute or two and he asked if we were the ones whooping. We told him we were and he said, "that's awesome! Love the rivalry." He's good in my book.

Mr.Bond
AG
I just got too much Aggie in me to root for a sip...... Even if they were only in Austin for a cup of coffee time period
White Liberals=The Worst
txags11 said:

I used to like him but I can't stand Spieth anymore. He's a whiny little baby when he hits a poor shot, or any little thing goes wrong during his round he whines, especially when he knows a camera is on him and is it me or is a slow player?

I am kind of in this boat. I really wanted to like him but he comes across as such a baby when things aren't going his way. I really think he's a good dude though in general and find myself pulling for him at times.
Yesterday
AG
I won't root for him over Palmer or another Aggie but he's a hard guy to root against.
Big Cat `93
AG
Still reveling in Day's MC last week. His new preshot routine is in Loupe/Keegan territory.
tandy miller
AG
Why is Day not playing this week?
Texmid
AG
I have no trouble at all rooting against Spieth. He is a sip, therefore, my enemy.
tandy miller
AG
Big.Cat-93 said:

Still reveling in Day's MC last week. His new preshot routine is in Loupe/Keegan territory.
What do you have against Day?
Big Cat `93
AG
He doubled down on the slowness before his shots. I know, it's his job, etc. But come on...
LHIOB
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Full disclosure, I'm a Spieth fan. Yes, he's a sip. But other than that, I honestly can't find anything else to dislike about the guy. That said, unless he learns to play within himself with the driver and find his iron game again... he'll be known as "Justin Thomas' good buddy" rather than the opposite.

Thomas has the full package. Could be considered the best American golfer really soon.

Here's to watching those guys along with Reed & Koepka for the next 7-8 Ryder Cups and hopefully multiple majors for all!

Love the Waste Management because I consider it to be the unofficial kickoff event to the PGA Tour season. I know they've played a few tournaments already, but with football ending this weekend, it's all golf full steam ahead to Augusta every weekend! Who cares about basketball...
Nantz: He's got everything going for him right now
Faldo: Well, except the hair...
KC_Ag14
AG
Oh I'm not claiming it will happen soon, if at all, but he has to get back to what got him those 2 majors to begin with. His desire for length has taken away from the tactition side he had in 2015 IMO. Just don't want him to be a big flash in the pan
LeFraud
Says the guy with a Baylor putter
Mr.Bond
AG
LeFraud said:

Says the guy with a Baylor putter

It's green for money and gold for preciousness..... Because it's beautiful when I rape people out of their wallet
TresPuertas
AG
I'm a fairly big Speith fan. Not afraid to admit it. Don't care that he's a sip, because that would be like me disliking someone I know personally because they went to school there. Its fun to hate sip on paper, but by all rights he's a good young man and pretty well grounded. It honestly doesn't bother me that anyone on here dislikes him because of that, just a personal opinion.

However, I hate Bubba Watson with the fire of 1,000 suns. He's a b-hole, and every time he opens his mouth, I feel vindicated in my opinion.

Agree with everyone about the Waste Management. This tournament is unique and one of a kind. Its a nice change of pace and a great way to start the season.
tandy miller
AG
Quote:

Because it's beautiful when I rape people out of their wallet
This made me laughed based on the recent turn of events at Baylol
Mr.Bond
AG
Don't think it wasn't intended
tandy miller
AG
Well played sir, well played
KC_Ag14
AG
Kuuuuuch!! Heck of a round. Easily could've been a 63 with that 8 footer for birdie on 18 he missed. Another guy that hasn't been in the winner's circle in a while. On the same note, hard to believe FIGJAM hasn't won since the '13 Open Championship!
Quinn
AG
LHIOB
AG
Love Phil. His game is so wild ass and awesome. He gives 0 F's.

My brother and I love it when he makes par on a hole after hitting a drive so bad the cameras aren't set up to film there. Once at Royal Aberdeen in the Scottish open all you could see was his hat. They literally didnt have a camera set up that could shoot him taking his second shot. I wish I still had the pic I took on my phone. Amazing.
agsalaska
AG
Hideki Matsuyama haha my favorite swing on tour. I try to copy his tempo.
Yesterday
AG
He drove that ball 360! That's just stupid. It was downwind but still. Tiger has to see that and say "well *****"
LHIOB
AG
03ki11erAG said:

He drove that ball 360! That's just stupid. It was downwind but still. Tiger has to see that and say "well *****"

Webbs carry was 248, Mats carry was 310.
Yesterday
AG
Webb hit a 3 wood though. Still he would have been 30-40 yards behind instead of 50-60.

Can't believe Simpson left 3 birdie putts short to win.
EKG1996
AG
Who plays well this week?
AggieTurf
Sneds seems to always play well at Pebble.
Quinn
AG
I'm expecting Timberlake to go low this weekend.
K Bo
AG
I like DJ, Jimmy Walker, Phil, or Justin Rose this week. Rose has two top-5s this year and the others historically play well at Pebble.
White Liberals=The Worst
agsalaska said:

It amazes me. I tried to copy it at the driving range several times while wife filmed and laughed and I simply could not get it. I would try to pause my swing at the top for what felt like 1-2 seconds, but wife said I wasn't coming close to really pausing at all. I have the complete opposite tempo. I have had to slow mine down over the years and it's still on the faster side.
EKUAg
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

agsalaska said:

It amazes me. I tried to copy it at the driving range several times while wife filmed and laughed and I simply could not get it. I would try to pause my swing at the top for what felt like 1-2 seconds, but wife said I wasn't coming close to really pausing at all. I have the complete opposite tempo. I have had to slow mine down over the years and it's still on the faster side.

I think Ai Miyazato still has him beat for slowness and pause at the top.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.