PGA superstore fitting/general club fitting questions

1,683 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EKUAg
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone got fitted there and how was your experience? I would be going to the new one in the woodlands.....

I'm trying to find the most reasonable priced way to get fitted and get irons. Ideally I'd like to get fitted and then be able to buy a new set of irons from previous year models so I can save a little coin. Price wise what am I looking at spending?

I saw online that PGA superstore offers free fittings that's why I mentioned them.

Any tips are appreciated. For the record I'm LH so going to stores and just swinging clubs makes it tough since selection is always limited
mt3950
AG
Big box store fittings are hit or miss (no pun intended)...you can sometimes get someone who is very knowledgeable, or sometimes get someone who was working at Home Depot just a few weeks prior, but now is a "certified club fitter"....for the most part, in my experience, they'll measure your wrist-floor to get your club length, swing speed to get shaft flex, and will have you hit off of a lie board to get your lie angle.

Those are ok ways to get a set that's relatively fitted to you. They'll rarely go into dynamic fitting situations to optimize ball flight, spin rates, etc. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, I'm just saying it's rare in those types of places.

All that being said, that type of fitting is still a much better option than just buying a set off of the rack.
stick93
AG
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I have a set of 2014 Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's that need a home. 4-gw w/KBS tour reg flex. Standard setup all the way around and I'm comfortable calling them 8/10.

If you are dead set on getting fit you can disregard. But I just thought I would throw it out there in case you wanted a cheap, rock solid set that you could tweak.
C ROC N
Took my son there Sunday to get a lesson and looked through the used club section. They only had a few sets of LH irons, and they all seem to have the S300 steel shafts installed. I can't remember the fitters name but I believe his name is Jamie or Jeremy, but he seemed to be knowledgable with the limited # of shafts they have, lol. GL To get a true fitting you must go to a place that has unlimited resources and variety of shafts which are hard to find, plus they cost a lot for a reason.
AustinCountyAg
At this point I'm more concerned with loft/lie/length than anything else.
Goodbull_19
AG
I should add I was gifted a $100 gift card to PGA SS for Christmas. Would I benefit from a fitting there even if I didn't buy clubs there? Is there information I can take from there to buy clubs somewhere else?
EKUAg
AG
I had my daughter fitted at a PGA SS and up front told them we were buying through my head pro cousin. They were good with that. Said it was good will. Purdue has their players fit by them but then gets the clubs via the school's club sponsorship. Get the brand, specifics on the shaft, length if not standard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.