Best place to buy new clubs in Austin?

1,360 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bitter Old Man
Bitter Old Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a novice golfer, and only play a few times a year. My current irons are about 15 years old, and were given to me as a gift. I've never really liked the way they feel. I'd like to look at a new set, with a salesman knowledgeable enough to guide me through the process. There is a Dick's close to my house, but I was wondering if there is a better place to look. Any suggestions?
jj9000
jj9000
AG
www.globalgolf.com
Mr.Bond
AG
jj9000 said:

www.globalgolf.com

This is actually just Crap from JJs garage
jj9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

jj9000 said:

www.globalgolf.com

This is actually just Crap from JJs garage
You saw the headcover selection.....right?

jgh85Ag
AG
The Edwin Watts guys here in SA helped me with my clubs I bought Sunday and got a very good price on some used Ping Gs.

superbowlringd
Play it Again on Burnet. Some really good used clubs, big selection and they will usually deal....
CapCity12thMan
AG
BOM - wish we still had Brit Golf around in our area...

You might call around to a few clubs and see if they do fittings, or pay attention to some of the courses in the area have a club fitting day. I play out of Falconhead and they have a few every year and I know the guys in the shop fairly well.

If you do go to big box, or the ***** in the HCG, I would gather all the data you can from their fitting systems and rely on that more than asking the actual person what they think.

If you go up to the GolfSmith in the arboretum, ask for Dan - he has helped me and will get into the numbers for you on the hitting machines (be sure to tell him to turn off the boosting factor). If you don't want to get this into it, if you are normal height, normal arm length and normal hand size - get some standard clubs that look good and feel good to you. Work on fixing your swing and the clubs will start be become less relevant.

good luck
stick93
AG
superbowlringd said:

Play it Again on Burnet. Some really good used clubs, big selection and they will usually deal....

I thought they shut down
Bitter Old Man
AG
Thanks for the tip. I found a pretty good deal on there for some Mint condition used Nike Vapors. Went to Dick's Sporting goods and hit them. Tried to get them to match the deal since it was a closeout deal... They wouldn't...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.