WM Phoenix Open

1,992 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Asitwere
byoung1052
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Considering making the trip out to Phoenix for the tournament, any suggestions from those that have been?

Also, do general admission tickets work or would you need something different? I know you have all the grandstands around the course, so I don't want to be left unable to get a decent view.
simongalicia
AG
Best weekend of the year out here.

Crazy packed on Saturday and Sunday. Thursday and Friday are still packed, but I find those days to be much more enjoyable.

This is probably best descried as a party that just happens to take place on a golf course.

GA tickets will be fine if you are wanting to walk the course and follow a few groups.

I prefer the greenskeeper tickets, gets you access to a spot right off of the 18 fairway and 17 green. Unlimited booze and food, makes for a great day. I typically spend most of the day there but get out and about a bit to follow a few of my favorites.
12thmanfootball
AG
I went last year and will be there with a buddy from Va Tech this year., too.....had an absolute blast last year. On Saturday they had well over 200000 people there [thought I heard they broke a record}.

If you are military then you can get in for free. Just make sure that you sign up for Birdies for the brave on their website before going. They had a Vet tent with 2 free beers and some food for the vets.

If you plan on going to 16 {and you don't have some corporate buddy to hook you up with a seat in the stadium}, I hear the show time is really really early 2 or 3 AM in order to be let in early enough to see the first tee offs.

HTH
byoung1052
AG
Thanks for the feedback, all useful info, Hoping to come up with some corporate passes instead of GA, but sounds like it should be a good weekend regardless. I've also heard great things about Scottsdale in general.
HKAg
AG
12thman - is that a typo? 2 or 3 in the morning is when you have to get there in order to get onto 16? My wife and I are going this year (traveling from Seattle) and were wondering how early we'd have to get there on Thursday morning in order to get onto 16. I figured 7 a.m. or so. Is it really 3?

Also - for the Phoenix / Scottsdale folks on here... We'd also like to play golf while we're there. Any suggestions for a "reasonably" priced course in the general area? (we'd be willing to drive a little bit).
Matsui
AG
Talent
HKAg
AG
What is "Talent?"
byoung1052
AG
Ended up going to the tournament Friday and Saturday, had a blast. Course and weather couldn't have been better. Definitely crowded on Saturday, but still able to find good spots to watch golf.

The scenery (talent?) outside of the golf was strong to extremely strong on Saturday as well.
tex5mlb
Glad you made it home alright!
DannyDuberstein
AG
That dude isn't drunk. He just needs an alignment
Asitwere
AG
I don't know about sat and sun rules on 16 but we had general admission to fri this year and they were letting general admissions folks into the 16th stands. There was a line and as people exited the GA designated stands they would let people in from the GA line. These were great seats along the back right side of the green.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.