Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club

3,324 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FirefightAg
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone played since they reopened a few years back? Thoughts?
AggieIce
AG
Member there currently, what would you like to know?
FincAg
AG
Thoughts on the club? How long have you been a member?
TheGreatScott12
AG
Is this the course formerly known as The Shores?
AggieIce
AG
Yes, it used to be the Shores.

Been a member here since we moved to Rockwall, 2 years.

The course is definitely long if you play from the Blues/Blacks. Greens have been improving, but can sometimes be a little bumpy. The players out there vary in skill, but is a great group of guys. Wednesday night scrambles durning Spring-Fall are always fun, and there are plenty of MGA events.

The club has a great pool and tennis facility. The gym and exercise area is kind of "meh" in my opinion, but overall I enjoy the facility.
TheGreatScott12
AG
I played in a few high school tournaments there and the few holes out on the water are a beast if the wind is blowing.
AggieIce
AG
Yep, the wind on the back 9 certainly takes its toll on basically every hole. Day starts and ends rough as 1 and 18 are both very difficult holes
FincAg
AG
What's the pace out there? Is it worth the drive? Looking to check out a few courses this spring and summer. Getting back into the swing of things.

Edit, I'm here in East Dallas.
AggieIce
AG
Unless you get behind the gangsome game (usually 8-9 in the morning) the pace is quick. And most folks let you play through without issue
SkierAg
AG
Bonus: I have officially taken over as Superintendent of Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club. Bridlewood was amazing the last 7.5 years of my career, but excited about the future here.....and it helps that it shaves 80 miles of my roundtrip per day!
jj9000
AG
SkierAg said:

Bonus: I have officially taken over as Superintendent of Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club. Bridlewood was amazing the last 7.5 years of my career, but excited about the future here.....and it helps that it shaves 80 miles of my roundtrip per day!
Congrats on the new gig, bud!!

80 miles is a heck of a lot of windshield time to shave off.

I'm pretty sure you'll do a great job out at the new Club.

Doc4rock
AG
You can not play the course unless you are a member or with a member. My son on New Years made a tee time on line, received a conformation email and when we showed up they would not let us play. I stated we made a reservation on line and had the email and they said sorry should not have let you, our web sight has been messing up for a while. So my son who was in for the holidays and I did not get to play.
bagger05
AG
Doc4rock said:

You can not play the course unless you are a member or with a member. My son on New Years made a tee time on line, received a conformation email and when we showed up they would not let us play. I stated we made a reservation on line and had the email and they said sorry should not have let you, our web sight has been messing up for a while. So my son who was in for the holidays and I did not get to play.
This is really messed up.
Doc4rock
AG
I don't get mad much but I was pissed. Didn't get to play with my son over holidays. Would have made a tee time somewhere else had we known.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
SkierAg said:

SkierAg, can you send me the email for the membership director? I tried to email nicole@rgactx.com but got it kicked back to me.
bagger05
AG
Doc4rock said:

I don't get mad much but I was pissed. Didn't get to play with my son over holidays. Would have made a tee time somewhere else had we known.

I don't get mad much, either, but this is bull crap. They should've just let you play because it would've been the right thing to do. If you're a private club you should have your sign up page behind a login.
FincAg
AG
Are yall going to have to compete with this?

Coming to a waterfront near yall.
SkierAg
AG
Aggie Eric.....Email me at jt@rgactx.com and I can forward it to our GM and he can point you in the right direction.
AggieIce
AG
Doc4Rock, I am really sorry that happened. I didn't know we were enforcing it that strictly. They should have let you play.

I haven't heard any plans of the lagoon having a golf course attached, but I do know that another course is going to be opening up on the south side of the lake (Heath area)
FirefightAg
AG
Played there a few times when it was the shores in HS as said the wind can be brutal and I'm long off the tee and I remember it being a long course when I played with buddy out there. It wasn't in great shape then but that's been a while
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.