Costco Kirkland Signature Golf Ball vs Titleist Pro V1

19,385 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggietony2010
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$15 per dozen vs Titleist's $40 or $50 per dozen.

Results almost identical.

http://www.golfballtest.org/2016/10/bench-test-2016-kirkland-signature/
agsalaska
AG
I am just curious. Maybe I missed something in the link. But where are the results?
12thmanfootball
AG
White Liberals=The Worst
So where can we actually get these balls? Sold out online and they didn't have them at Costco just now when I went.
CrockerAg98
AG
They actually had them in stock at my Costco (Issaquah, WA). Looking forward to giving these a shot.
jgh85Ag
AG
They will be in stock early on the 20th. I bought mine at 7am cst or so. They were sold out about an hour later.
White Liberals=The Worst
jgh85Ag said:

They will be in stock early on the 21st. I bought mine at 7am cst or so. They were sold out about an hour later.

Online right?
jgh85Ag
AG
Yes
jgh85Ag
AG
I double checked the costco website. It says they will be in stock at 8am pst on the 20th
White Liberals=The Worst
jgh85Ag said:

I double checked the costco website. It says they will be in stock at 8am pst on the 20th

Reminder set. Goodness, I feel like it's December 1996 and I'm searching high and low for an N64 or something.

Read in a Forbes article that people were paying ridiculous amounts for these balls...like well over ProV1 prices. Crazy how you can drive up artificial demand if you "play hard to get" with just about any product.

Thought I heard they be limiting purchases to 2 per Costco member...which I am assuming means 4 dozen?
Old School Brother
can you order them online without a costco membership?
jgh85Ag
AG
There is a 2 box limit online.
Coppell97
AG
They look really cool too.
girlgolfer12
Yes! I think it was a $2 fee added.
LHIOB
AG
https://apple.news/Aajgi8zFzOMSJb6pfMICtBg
agsalaska
AG
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Titleist board room.
Sazerac
AG
Article says $15 for 2 dozen. Is that right? Can't be.

At that price - and if the quality reports are true- I'd overcome my shame and use them.

Original post is $15 dozen. You can get XOUTS for that price, refurb for $20, and Snell for $25. It's not enough savings.

jgh85Ag
AG
$30 for a box of 2 dozen.
stick93
AG
I can't believe the ball gurus/snobs from the last thread haven't chimed in yet. "Until I see it played on tour it's not going on my peg".
agsalaska
AG
What do you mean 'haven't chimed in yet'. I'm just a cpuple of posts up.
Boo Weekley
cclearman said:

At that price - and if the quality reports are true- I'd overcome my shame and use them.

Original post is $15 dozen. You can get XOUTS for that price, refurb for $20, and Snell for $25. It's not enough savings.

Not enough savings? A 4-piece Urethane ball that is on par, or perhaps even superior to the ProV1 ($48/dozen) for $15/dozen is "not enough savings"? Mid-line Bridgestone's go for $27/dozen. Srixon's for $24/dozen. Not even sure you can get Rock-Flite's for $15/dozen?

I think it's a steal. But if people are talking about overcoming the "shame" and "embarrassment" of playing them or something, maybe it's not enough savings? To those guys, I would say MAN UP and quit being insecure wimminz. Who cares what your friends think?
Boo Weekley
agsalaska said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Titleist board room.
These things are selling at an unbelievable rate. They literally can't produce them fast enough. Will be interesting to see what happens from here. Does Titleist eventually end up lowering prices? Bridgestone, Srixon???

I bet this actually p*sses some people off. When you think about it, even though many of us do it at least occasionally, it is INSANE to pay 5-10% of the cost of your clubs for a dozen balls...no matter how few you lose. Paying $48 for 12 golf balls is crazy...and even though I only splurge on Prov1's maybe 1-2 times per year, I never really thought about how absolutely ridiculous it was to pay that price until now.

Even if I was a gazillionaire, if two products are identical or almost identical, and one is half or ONE THIRD the price...I'm goin with that one every time, out of principle. If a logo on a ball really affects someone's game though, that's pretty sad and says a lot about their game imo.
jgh85Ag
AG
I just cross out Kirkland and write in Titleist.
bagger05
AG
Does anyone know who is actually manufacturing these golf balls?

Made by a company in South Korea. I wonder if they're making stuff for other companies as well.
Boo Weekley
Apparently Costco buys from Nassau Golf Co LTD. in South Korea.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/costco-tight-lipped-wildly-popular-133927878.html
TresPuertas
AG
cclearman said:

I couldn't disagree more, especially given the shelf life of a typical Pro-V1.

All of the other things aside, $48 for a dozen golf balls is absolute lunacy, and on top of that, and perhaps what pisses me off the most, is that these things are fraile. Even if you make it through one round with one ball, more likely than not, its probably not good for another round.

I love what Kirkland is doing here. Basically calling golf companies out on their insane business models and markups. Nice to see some real competition in the marketplace..... finally.
Sazerac
AG
I don't disagree with that. I've never paid more than $25 / dozen for balls. But I have always gone with refurb or xout pro V and just recently the Snell ball. For a $5-$10 / dozen difference I'll continue to buy them over Costco balls.

And I completely disagree that a ball only lasts one round. Back in the balata days sure, but not today.
Tom Hagen
AG
Quote:

And I completely disagree that a ball only lasts one round. Back in the balata days sure, but not today.

You must hit far fewer trees than I do.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
You guys keep buying them, and I will keep finding them in the woods! Win-Win!
agsalaska
AG
Its $29 for two dozen, not one.
Sazerac
AG
Yes I know.
$15 / dozen for Costco
$15 for prov1 xout
$20 or less for prov1 refurb
$25 for Snell

I won't play a Costco ball with these other options.
Coppell97
AG
What about Vice Golf? Just as cheap as the Costco ball, and you get your name on it.
White Liberals=The Worst
cclearman said:

Yes I know.
$15 / dozen for Costco
$15 for prov1 xout
$20 or less for prov1 refurb
$25 for Snell

I won't play a Costco ball with these other options.

Why would you not play a Costco ball over Snell, which is $10/dozen more? Genuinely curious.

FYI, refurbished balls can be crap.

Are X-Outs the exact same as the ProV1? If so, that's a damn good deal. I can't imagine that Titleist would be selling ProV1's for $15/dozen. Also, I have seen X-Outs for $30/dozen...where are you getting them for $14/dozen? And are you sure they're not NXT X-outs?
jja79
AG
I started playing the Snell Get Sum a few months ago and really like it. Under $13/dozen. I'm playing Traditions today with the Snell My Tour Ball.
Sazerac
AG
Playing first round with Snell MTB right now. It's not quite as good around the green But I like them ok.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.