Buying Golf Shoes

2,594 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tandy miller
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old shoes are worn out (Nike). Looking for a replacement. Don't need a $170 shoe, figure I can get a decent shoe in the $50-$75 range. Don't walk when I play. Thinking about the FJ Greenjoys. Any experience with these or recommendations otherwise?
Ag_07
AG
Not want you want to hear, but in my opinion shoes are one of (if not the most) important piece of gear I've got. Walking or not, if my feet aren't comfortable I'm miserable and my game goes to shlt.

With that said I get you don't need $170 shoes but I'd look into something besides the GreenJoys. Adidas makes some nice lower priced ($70) shoes in both spikeless and spiked shoes.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I had green joys and they fell apart pretty quickly. I have always paid the money on shoes and I feel
You get what you pay for with respect to durability. I also have bad plantar fasciitis so I have to find comfort I don't care the price.
Ag_07
AG
And if you feel you don't need to try them on and know what you want check out BudgetGolf.com for good shoe deals.

Or head to ***** and try on shoes then buy online.
CTGilley
AG
Ag_07 said:

Not want you want to hear, but in my opinion shoes are one of (if not the most) important piece of gear I've got. Walking or not, if my feet aren't comfortable I'm miserable and my game goes to shlt.

With that said I get you don't need $170 shoes but I'd look into something besides the GreenJoys. Adidas makes some nice lower priced ($70) shoes in both spikeless and spiked shoes.
I have 3 pairs of Adidas. (Winter, Summer, Soft Spike) They are all very comfortable and I bought them all on sale from $30-50 regular price $120ish.

I just wish they made regular shoes similar. I would pay full price.
Sazerac
AG
At that price range leather ones will suck. But you can go to a golfsmith closing and get some footjoys for about $110. If you can find your size. May have the closeout models for similar on Amazon or discount golf stores.

But in your price range you can get the tennis shoe style. I like Adidas.
tandy miller
AG
Thanks all for the advice.

Have it down to 3 shoes at 3 different price points. What do yall think? The Dryjoys are more than I really want to pay, but it seems like a pretty good price. The Adidas are about what greenjoys can be had for, but with a tennis shoe type upper. FJ Originals seemed like a good midpoint

Adidas Tech Response 4

FJ Originals

FJ DryJoys
Sazerac
AG
I have the Adidas in white which I like for a tennis shoe style.

I don't personally like the other two. Dry joys completely suck IMO.
tandy miller
AG
cclearman said:

I have the Adidas in white which I like for a tennis shoe style.

I don't personally like the other two. Dry joys completely suck IMO.
Are the spikes replaceable?

And the tennis shoe style seems like it would breathe much easier... is this the case?
jj9000
AG
I own the pair of DryJoys you have listed in the link above...and they are great...if you ride. I wouldn't walk 18 in them.

Yes, you can change the spikes in DryJoys. I have the DryJoy model before these as well.

I also recommend these (I own 4 pair of these in different colors):

http://www.footjoy.com/dryjoys-casual-previous-season-style/015DRY.html

The DryJoy Casuals are my favorite shoes because they have the comfort of a spikeless, and the grip of spikes.

So, I have Adam Scott's swing and shoes.

Sazerac
AG
Yes and yes
tandy miller
AG
I think I will go with the Adidas. Tried on a pair of FJ's over lunch at golfsmith. They seem VERY stiff and like they run large. I normally wear an 8 in tennis shoes, but went to a 7 in the FJ's and they still felt a little wide
Gigem314
AG
I just bought a pair of the Nike FI Bermuda...and they're easily the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever owned:

http://www.zappos.com/nike-golf-fi-bermuda~1
tandy miller
AG
By the way, all shoes are 40 % off at golfsmith
t - cam
AG
I have some adidas climacool shoes that look like runners but are amazing in extreme Texas heat. You can actually feel a breeze through them.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I like the hyperflex by adidas, can be found under 100 now
bagger05
AG
I was very much against getting something with nubs instead of cleats for a really long time, but I eventually decided to try out the Skechers shoes that Matt Kuchar advertises all the time and I really like them a lot. Haven't had any slipping trouble. I especially like the way they feel on the green.
t - cam
AG
bagger05 said:

I was very much against getting something with nubs instead of cleats for a really long time, but I eventually decided to try out the Skechers shoes that Matt Kuchar advertises all the time and I really like them a lot. Haven't had any slipping trouble. I especially like the way they feel on the green.

It's also nice being able to put them on at home.
bagger05
AG
Agreed
superbowlringd
I have two new pairs for sale (Addidas and Foot Joy size 13 and 12 ) Have photos-will send.
aftershock
If you like nikes, I almost always get mine at the Nike factory outlet by me. They almost always run 20% off of the clearance stuff on weekends, and I have gotten some really really nice shoes for $20-$50 that retailed for $100-$120+. Its definitely a YMMV situation, but I have been pretty lucky.
tandy miller
AG
superbowlringd said:

I have two new pairs for sale (Addidas and Foot Joy size 13 and 12 ) Have photos-will send.

lol I wear a 7 in footjoys
tandy miller
AG
Ended up going with 2 pairs. Got a pair of dryjoys and the adidas tech response 4's from golfsmith for like $135. Plan to wear the fj's early morning (dewy) rounds, and the adidas for when it's dry. More than I wanted to spend but in the long run I think it was wise
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.