Hole of my life (almost)

1,223 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by t - cam
chrisfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
For context, I am not good. Shoot ~110 and have only been playing 3 months.

But I was thisclose to the hole of my life today. Hole 17, Par 5, 493 yards from the whites at pecan lakes.

Crush my drive. Best of the day by far. Gets a great roll. 280 yards.

Pull out the hybrid. Crush it. As soon as I hit it I looked at my buddy and said, "money shot." It stops 24 feet from the hole. 205 yards with roll.

I get the jitters about my chance for an eagle and leave my first putt 8 foot short. And then miss again. Knock it in for par. Ha.

On the upside, I was down 6 strokes to my buddy with two holes to play. I've never beat him. He goes 10 on that hole with two penalties. My par gives me five strokes. He triples the final hole. I bogey for the win. What a time to be alive
AggieIce
AG
Great shots feel good

Victory over friends feels better
Larry S Ross
AG
I'm with you. Took up game again after lay off and retirement. Busting my ass to break 90. Had 91 yesterday w a 6 on easy par 3 and missed two birdie putts inside 5 ft. Frustrating game but love it.
jgh85Ag
AG
I am a 25 handicap. Last Saturday at Olympia Hills here in SA, I hit a 260 yard drive on the 480 par 5 2nd hole. I took out my 3 wood and nailed it but about 5 yds right. Got a hell of a kick and the ball rolled past the pin and stopped 1 foot from the pin. Tapped in for the second eagle of my career.

But the golf gods are vengeful as I had a snowman after going ob on the 10th hole. Ended with a 95.
Ag_07
AG
If it wasn't for those kind of shots and those kind of holes it'd be real hard to come back after most days.
BTD
Enjoy while you can. Just wait until you start to have "expectations". Only downhill from that point on.
JR Ewingford
Work on your putting. Biggest stroke saver out there!
t - cam
AG
Stories like this remind why golf is soo fun. So many opportunities to leave a round with a good memory. Try my best to not only remember the bad though sometimes it's hard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.