Golfer Beats Another With Club; Inflicts Brain Injury

1,723 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CashinOut
PedroJack07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/28/golfer-beats-another-with-club-inflicts-brain-injury/
Old School Brother
The guy who got beaten is the stepson of a guy that went to my high school, had seen that he was in the hospital with a head injury...was crazy to see this story on the news and find out why.
khaos288
AG
Happened to be driving by yesterday. Looked like 10+ cop cars blocking the drive.
DannyDuberstein
AG
First part of this story sounds familiar

Quote:

When Plumlee threw the ball off the green, witnesses said Sivilay swung an iron at the back of Plumlee's head; hitting him repeatedly with his club
proudaggie02
AG
What a tough guy to use a golf club.
aggiedent
AG
It's amazing how much rage people have inside them. It nearly happened to my golfing group once. Which I guess isn't bad for about 40 years worth of golf.

Golf on a holiday Friday (5 1/4 hr round). High School kids behind us. 3 out of the first 5 holes we were hit into while waiting to hit our shots, including a near hit to the head the third time. An attempt to have a civil conversation with one young man went horribly wrong when first he ignored us and then he got into a rage and threatened us, club in hand, when we insisted they stop hitting into us. I really thought it was going to be bad for a minute but we got things settled down and got back in our carts.

We ended up calling the club and they had a marshall come out and ride shotgun with them the entire rest of the round. The marshall came up to talk with us and told us the kid who threatened us should know better as he worked at a private golf club. The funny thing was, the kid worked for an old high school classmate and friend of mine. Later when I had a chance to talk to the kid, I couldn't resist asking the kid how he liked working for Jacky. The kid looks at me funny and asks me how I know Jacky. Oh, Jacky and I are old friends and former high school classmates. Suddenly mister tough guy looked like a scared little puppy.

Hope he learned a lesson.
The Milkman
AG
I'm guessing the brain injury is ... a stroke?
khaos288
AG
The Milkman said:

I'm guessing the brain injury is ... a stroke?
This is so bad...
belowpar
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Did you beat Cole Hamels senseless for sucking so bad in the playoffs?
Wildcat
AG
I suspect he shanked it.
belowpar
AG
no idea how my post got on this thread and not stadium links....removing
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
It's crazy how stupid people are when a course is packed. My groups usually play early or off times so it's not much of an issue. I went one afternoon and picked up with two other "kids" that were freshman on the golf team and we were waiting all day. On #12, the guys behind us hit into us while we were clearly waiting on the green to clear. I gave them the long distance "WTF" move and they seemed to be not impressed, they also stayed sort of back until we moved along. I thought that was very chicken sheet and my radar went up immediately.

On 17, on a very short par four where we were obviously all in the middle of the fairway, they bombed one right through us without yelling a word. I purposely waited after we all hit our shots to confront them and they took forever to finally meander up in their carts (the three of us were walking) and I gave them a boatload of grief about them endangering a couple of young guys with their stupidity. The kicker, no one took the blame and said "we thought you were out of range". Those two youngsters were wide eyed when I went crazy yelling at those a-holes calling them every name in the book and asking how long they have been playing to not realize that a 340 yard par four is plenty short enough to know they could reach us even with an iron. It never came close to a physical altercation though and after 18 I told the pro shop what happened and that they should perma-ban that name. Those kids wanted to wait around in the parking lot to see what the old man (me) would do and I told them to remember the day and never be an a-hole.
CashinOut
AG
Tony Franklins Shoe said:

remember the day and never be an a-hole.
Probably the best golf lesson those kids will ever get right there
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.