Don't Practice/Play Much Anymore

1,578 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by C.C. Bay Ag
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been playing blades for the last 15 years or so, but only play once a month or so with no practice these days. Thinking of moving to a more forgiving iron set, but I love the look of a blade. Gives me a feeling of confidence. Looking at AP1s, JPX 900 Forged, Pings....but love the looks of the Hogans, Bridgestone, AP2s, and Ping iBlades.

Torn...

Thoughts?
Mr.Bond
AG
Played ping all through out my youth until college. Switched to ap2s 7 years ago and doubt I'll ever change. They're phenomenal
powerbelly
AG
I play bridgestone j40 cbs and they are stupid easy to hit.
agsalaska
AG
I do play a lot and finally traded in my blades in March for a set of AP2s. There is a part of me that wishes I had made the move in 2012 when I left Vegas for DFW. I never had a problem hitting blades out there where the lies were usually perfect and the rough was short. But when I got to DFW and went from 3 rounds a week to 5 a month and played courses with less consistency the AP2s would have helped.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
I hung up my fifteen year old blades earlier this year and opted for Mizuno MP-25's. They're not miracle workers, but they are consistently easier to hit than my old Reid Lockharts. At address, they are as pretty (if not more) than my blades.

Callaway Apex Pro and AP2 716s were both a close second.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
Sooner Born
I'm in the same boat. I h ave a set of MP-32's that I love but don't really deserve to be playing them. Having said that, I don't play enough to shoot a decent score so I just play them anyway.
AggieKatie2
AG
Tested the MP-25s, JPX 900 Forged, and JPX 900 Tour

The MP-25s with the Project X shafts performed worse than my current clubs.

JPX Forged and Tour with the KBS Tour shaft went 15 yards further on average than my current 6 iron. The Forged was rediculoisly smooth. Great hits every swing.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Don't trust/rely on the numbers spit out by the box store's track man. I'm whole heartedly convinced they cook-the-books on carry, spin rate, etc. Not so humble brag, I bang my irons. But what TWO different box stores told me I was hitting a 7 iron in their hitting bays made me laugh out loud. All in all, Im a tad bit shorter with the MP-25's compared to my blades, but the new found consistency has made it worthwhile.
AggieKatie2
AG
I made sure to hit my current club as a control to address that issue
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Buyer beware: I tossed the KBS Tour 125's into my MP-25's and they are heavy as hell. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I cannot turn the ball over to save my life. On the plus side, I've Eliminated the occasional short-iron-pull-hook.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.