Golfer girl. Post today's story please with video

9,117 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ClassOf17
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bagger05
khaos288
AG
It suffices to say...it was the dramatic thing I've experienced on a golf course.
girlgolfer12
I don't know how to post the video. Once you bleep my name you can post the video.

Story takes place at Luna Vista on hole 11. All 4 of us are on the green getting ready to putt. There are 4 people behind us. Three guys are playing and the lady is just riding. They are about 140 out, if that. One of the guys decides to hit and yells fore as the ball lands about 6 feet from me. Rightfully so I'm pissed. It's not like he was 200+ yards out and hit a great shot and it rolled up or couldn't see us. I hit the ball with my putter off the green. Honestly I tried to hit it in the water, but I wasn't going to go hit it again.

We all putt out and go to the next hole. The lady, who's not even playing decides she didn't like me hitting the ball. The guy that was in her cart got out and she drove over to us. She starts yelling at me that I shouldn't have hit the ball and I was an effing moron. I should have replaced the ball. I have no golf etiquette. So on and so on. Really?

I tell her they shouldn't have hit only being 140 out while people are on the green. She's says they do it. So, in her mind, as long as you yell fore you can hit into someone and it's all good. She then stays there to yell while we were teeing off.

The dude that hit the shot is a punk for not coming to apologize. The fact that neither of the 3 dudes came over with her let's me know that she's in fact a full blown idiot.

I've never seen or been involved in such stupidity on a golf course.
khaos288
AG
It was insane. And important to note that this lady blamed the wind several times, and constantly said "but he said fore!!!" Like that somehow absolved them from hitting a shot on the green from so close with everyone standing on it.

She screamed that we had no etiquette, and got a tad racist before she finally let up. Before she left though she was screaming obscenities at us while we teed off, and talked as much smack as she could about four balls that went long and straight down the fairway.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like the move of swiping the ball with your putter. In my younger, hotheaded days many years ago, someone hit into us a couple of times. The last time was a tee shot on a par 4 where you have to lay up - it's only about 160 yards to lay up and we were still clearly in the landing area. The ball landed only about 8-10 yards from me. At that point, it was clear they were being a total jackass and intentionally putting us in harm's way. So I pull out my 3wood, address their ball, and nuke a choked-down screamer a few yards over their heads. Maybe not my proudest moment, but the message was sent and received. No more troubl that day.
khaos288
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Like the move of swiping the ball with your putter. In my younger, hotheaded days many years ago, someone hit into us a couple of times. The last time was a tee shot on a par 4 where you have to lay up - it's only about 160 yards to lay up and we were still clearly in the landing area. At that point, it was clear they were being a total jackass and intentionally putting us in harm's way. So I pull out my 3wood, address their ball, and nuke a choked-down screamer a few yards over their heads. Maybe not my proudest moment, but the message was sent and received. No more troubl that day.

Luckily I wasn't the one next to the ball. I probably would have picked it up and waited for one of them to claim it fax to face. It was a very chicken **** distance to be hitting into people. Especially when we were waiting on the group in front of us all day
Icecream_Ag
S
In my younger and angrier days, I would have made sure to not only put that ball in the water, but gone pure PGA on the next hole and made them wait as I got every single piece of information I could never need for each shot
Ragoo
AG
I would have drop so many obscenities. What if the ball had hit one of you? This is pure negligence on their side.
khaos288
AG
Ragoo said:

I would have drop so many obscenities. What if the ball had hit one of you? This is pure negligence on their side.

The video has a few obscenities
The Milkman
AG
khaos288 said:

Ragoo said:

The video has a few obscenities

Let's see it already!

And what were y'all videoing? Just once you could tell there was going to be a confrontation?
agsalaska
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

In my younger and angrier days, I would have made sure to not only put that ball in the water, but gone pure PGA on the next hole and made them wait as I got every single piece of information I could never need for each shot

Absolutely. The slowest round ever played would have been coming to them.
LHIOB
terradactylexpress
Ragoo said:

I do recall playing with you where you drove over the people in front of us twice
Ragoo
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Ragoo said:

I do recall playing with you where you drove over the people in front of us twice
man, to be able to hit the ball like that again.
khaos288
AG
Had to remove the unique name from the video.

Backstory for the smack talk.

This lady claims that hitting from 140 is ok.
The wind blew the ball onto the green right by us
That it's ok because her buddy yelled fore
That we're idiots
That shes not leaving until we hit
She dropped some sweet racism
The three guys she was with who were actually playing never came over (they looked embarrassed)
First then she did was drive up and scream "Have you ever read the ****ing ettiquette book"
She lost a little steam when she ended up there alone, but was still pretty beligerent.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ho-ly chit! I would have wrapped my 5-iron around that dumb azzes head. Can't believe she came-up yelling like that.
khaos288
AG
Oh and as soon as she drove off, she drove up on the green in the cart. Two seconds after spouting about etiquette
gravy97
AG
That is amazing... talk about sticking to her argument and having no idea how wrong she is
PJYoung
AG
She crazy.
suprafly03
AG
I'm 35 years old.

When I was younger, I could be a hothead. But that gave way to some maturity and always trying to rise above situations like this with kindness.

Now, I have found myself getting to a point in my life where I no longer care about being the nice guy. Don't get me wrong, I love to be the nice guy. And if you cross me, you're likely to be killed with kindness.
But if you cross my friends, or certainly my wife or three daughters, you are likely going to leave the situation in tears. This lady would have been so assaulted by my words that I imagine her husband/friends in her group would've had no option but to come after me once they were told what was said to her.

Then we would've looked like those old dudes on the course having a fistfight.

What a crazy bat.
agsalaska
AG
-1 for holding you phone like that.

And that girl is crazy
khaos288
AG
agsalaska said:

-1 for holding you phone like that.

And that girl is crazy
First thing I thought when I put the video on youtube.

"holy ****, I'm vertical phone guy!"
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

Oh and as soon as she drove off, she drove up on the green in the cart. Two seconds after spouting about etiquette
To be fair...he did yell "Fore".

"Do you know that the wind blows?...Well then you shouldn't have hit."

khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

Not gonna lie. I was doing my best to defuse with humor to start. Then I was just openly mocking her because she was being so absurd.
The Milkman
AG
I cant wrap my head around her complete lack of understanding and logic.

She also doesn't seem annoyed that you smacked the ball of the green, but that you didnt replace it to where it landed.

Hopefully they are regulars at that course and the management recognizes them
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

Not gonna lie. I was doing my best to defuse with humor to start. Then I was just openly mocking her because she was being so absurd.
I remember hitting a 155 yard approach shot on #2 (I think) at Ridgeview earlier this year, thinking that the group ahead moved to #3. Hit it within 15 feet of the pin...saw the group walking on the green...and sprinting 155 yards to apologize.

This lady took a very different approach.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

I remember hitting a 155 yard approach shot on #2 (I think) at Ridgeview earlier this year, thinking that the group ahead moved to #3. Hit it within 15 feet of the pin...saw the group walking on the green...and sprinting 155 yards to apologize.

This lady took a very different approach.
Yep. Big difference. I honestly thought she was driving up to apologize. Boy was I wrong.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love that course and hole.

One of my biggest 'WTF' shots happened on #2. I skulled a wedge over the green, the ball hit the fence or one of those green metal encasement things and bounced back onto the green.
Boo Weekley
I am very impressed that yall handled that so well. What on earth was that lady thinking? She is clearly unstable. Maybe mental disorder or hormone or combo of both? What a nightmare of a person.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think it's just a classic case of "This is my world and the rest of you are just living in it." There seems to be a LOT of that going around lately.
khaos288
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I am very impressed that yall handled that so well. What on earth was that lady thinking? She is clearly unstable. Maybe mental disorder or hormone or combo of both? What a nightmare of a person.
Thanks, it was simply unbelievable. From expecting them to apologize to being berated was insane.

It made for some great jokes the rest of the round though.
girlgolfer12
They're extremely lucky the ball didn't hit me or anyone in my group or it wouldn't have gone the way it did. Someone would have been ****tin' teeth the next morning because it was a situation that could have been completely avoided had they used common sense.

AgDotCom
Not sure I would have believed this story until I saw it. Wow.

Most of the guys I play with wouldn't have said anything.

There a few others who wouldn't have said anything, but when she drove up would have walked over, bent every club in her cart over their knee, and thrown them as far as they could.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.