Bluejack

13,120 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by grego
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQ8NQcgl4gI
Quinn
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQ8TSn6FRNe
Quinn
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQ6gENSFbCz
Quinn
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQ_AFnrF75T
Quinn
AG
Here is the full review with tons of photos: http://www.friedegg.co/golf-courses/bluejack-national-review?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=02cabf81e3-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_28a08c87c2-02cabf81e3-73279521
Yesterday
AG
Awesome pictures! A few of those holes look like Augusta National. Beautiful course.
jakeaggie84
AG
Still having membership issues?? I'm a "young executive".... I could spring for a $10k initiation and maybe $500 per month! Give me a call if you need me!
jja79
AG
Anyone have any actual information about how things are going? I was in Montomery monday meeting with some bankers and business people and one well connected, long time banker said sales haven't been sufficient to meet the advertised dates for the amenities. I don't know how true that is but that person ha been invited to tour within the past couple of weeks.
FTAco07
AG
This is my shocked face. It was clear as day once the oil industry hit hard times they weren't going to be able to meet their sales goals that were likely lofty for good times. As someone who is in the business and has worked for a company who developed a high end golf course community that was an abject failure, the writing was/is on the wall. No matter how great the course, if your business plan relies on selling many high priced lots to generate high priced membership sales to fund your amenities and ongoing maintenance of said immaculate course, it's going to be a tough go.

That being said, I know someone connnected to this deal and I'd love to play the course so I hope they can make it work.
jja79
AG
I agree. The business model is flawed. A development company funding a country club and biting off a 7 figure signature fee isn't sound.

I know someone who bought into the Tiger development in North Carolina a few years ago and lost his ass on the property when it went tits up when they couldn't sell fast enough to deliver on the amenities.

As I recall from my tour the Bluejack clubhouse was scheduled to open in 2017 and I hear it hasn't broken ground.

The head pro moved from Colonial. I wonder how he feels about it now.
SmackDaddy
AG
http://www.bluejacknational.com/the-fort-2/

They are bringing amenities online...
jja79
AG
That isn't the clubhouse though. Any idea when that breaks ground?
SmackDaddy
AG
Seems to me you protest too much. I haven't heard of one person that's played there that's complained about the lack of a clubhouse. They have good food and drink in the pro shop, locker rooms in a villa and this summer it appears families will have the fort for more fun.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
The ****ing fort has a mini Fenway wiffle ball park! Sweet Mary Moses
MarkPro
Heard through the grapevine that they lost 2 of their greens. Nothing to substantiate the rumor.
jja79
AG
Smack I hope they thrive. I know some people who left other jobs to work there. In my business I have some contact with people out there and interact with people that bring it up in the conversation.
Post removed:
by user
Funky Winkerbean
AG
third coast.. said:

How tf do you lose a green

The grass on them died.
jja79
AG
Traditions lost them all in 2013 or 14.
elchapo
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
98Ag99Grad
AG
Watched Feherty last night. Didn't know Patrick Reed played/practices out there.
Post removed:
by user
jja79
AG
He was good. He's a guy who had a goal and did what it took to achieve that goal.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah I thought he came off fine. They really didn't get in to any of the cheating allegations from his college days or his rift with his parents; mainly Ryder Cup stuff. Personally, I'm a fan. His attitude is exactly what the US needed in the matches and its nice to see someone who isn't a gym rat win and be successful.
Yesterday
AG
I knew he won several Monday qualifiers but I didn't realize he was 6 of 8 in Monday qualifier's. That's crazy good even for a tour pro. And he passed Q school in its last year. The guy is clutch in high pressure situations
stick93
AG
Took my 2 daughters to the Match Play yesterday. I hung around chipping and putting greens while they collected autographs. Some will sign before their round and some won't(and I made sure the girls understood this and weren't aggressive). Generally, those who won't sign were very friendly and explained to the kids to catch them after the round. There were two very obvious anomalies: Bubba and Reed. Both went out of their way to avoid any and all eye contact, etc.

To my surprise, one of the more accommodating guys was Sergio. Very personable and genuine with the kids and spent a good amount of time on the putting green jacking around with players and caddies.
bagger05
AG
I talked to someone who hosted Sergio for some kind of fundraising event (maybe at a Top Golf) and dealt with him personally during the event. Said he was REALLY nice and came across as a genuinely good dude.

I've always liked Sergio. He can be whiny for sure but he definitely has always seemed like a decent enough guy. I think he's the best player currently playing without a major. I'd really like to see him get one.
grego
AG
Quote:

The head pro moved from Colonial. I wonder how he feels about it now.

He was an assistant at Colonial who had only been there a year. I think this move is an uptick on his resume regardless of how it turns out. I can't imagine there are many regrets.

He is a great dude btw.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.