Shadowglen is in great shape

1,202 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Whoop04
MackeyPatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wanted to go hit a bucket or two today, but decided it was better to just go pay and play at Shadowglen. After 2pm, it's not much more than a bucket of balls cost wise.

Anyway, after having their water cut off a year ago, and having to close -- the course is in great shape considering. I thought it would be in horrible shape, and I was very surprised by the condition, workers working, friendliness and the money being pumped in.

Also, if you play the whites, they've made the course much easier.

WestHillsAg
AG
Thanks. Been wondering about it's condition.
AustinCountyAg
Went and played there for the first time this morning and it was very enjoyable. Course and greens were in very good shape. Greens are pretty tough with a lot of hills and subtle breaks. Course makes you really think off the tee box. You can't just pull the big dog and grip it and rip it
stick93
AG
Thanks AustinCounty. Playing there tomorrow for the first time in 5-6 weeks. The last time I played it the greens were as good/better than every muni I had played in the spring.
Whoop04
I think every 5 years is the right amount of time to get an update on Shadowglen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.