Aggieland Golf Academy

3,771 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mt3950
Golfer82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is now open on Hwy 30.They are offering buy 1 get one free on a small bucket if you mention you heard about it on Txag's.
www.aggielandgolfacademy.com
nkc1981
AG
Glad there's finally a decent range on that side of town. The one further down Boonville (think it closed down?) was the worst run driving range I've ever seen, and it sucks going to the one on campus and having it randomly be mats only.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Ya I think that other one is closed.
AgFromTheProjects
Are the putting greens really artificial turf?
dcrewint
I went today. Spoke to the gentleman working there and he mentioned they were artificial, but not as stupid slick as the artificial one at the A&M course. I liked the range for the most part because it has grass in the range itself so you can get a better feel for distances. Targets are nice.

It's a little narrow and the price for a super small bucket was steeper than I expected(5.50$). However the balls are nicer than any other public range, but that could be because they've not seen much action yet.
dcrewint
I mentioned I heard of this place cuz of the thread on txags and didn't receive an extra bucket...

but I couldn't remember the exact deal so I didn't press the matter.
Golfer82
Yes the green is artificial but rolls much like a natural green. I visited with the owner for over an hour and he told me the material they used was pretty new on the market ( dont recall what it was called).Nice guy with alot of years in the golf business...even helped me with my swing for about 15 minutes. He's a stand up guy, if you didnt receive your free bucket ask the next time your out, he will surely take care of you.
currie-s
AG
Just got back from the driving range. Great people, and great range! I mentioned Texags and they gave me buy 1 get one free on the balls.
superbowlringd
Where is it?
dcrewint
If you drive down Harvey towards HWY30. Take a right on HWY 30 and its on your left probably less than 1/2 mile down.
nkc1981
AG
Went the other day too. People running it seemed real nice. Only minor complaint/recommendation I have is the putting green could use a little better lighting. I prefer the putting area on campus just cause of it having more space, but I'll definitely keep going to this one to hit balls.
fingolfin97
fingolfin97
Baby Billy
AG
This place still open?
Txroper
AG
Nope
mt3950
AG
Wow. Hell of a bump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.