I think t.u. loses four games this year

9,034 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Mister T-Shirt
tmr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sodium, don't forget about TJ. Jeffrey made some huge catches for us, obviously, but he also dropped his share. Also had a tendency to get tackled by the turf monster immediately after every catch.

Nevertheless, the WR corps is expected to be much better.
INIGO MONTOYA
putting A&M in the same category as OU and OSU as "toss ups" is laughable. let's see - playing a top 10 team on the road and playing a team that has owned us for the last several straight....are in the same category as a team that hasn't sniffed the top 25 and is on a 5 game losing streak - including 2 straight at home.

aggie logic at its finest.
vegasaggie
logic = naming yourself Indigo
Swifty
quote:
____________ at its finest

The next person that uses this phrase should drink a gallon of bleach, light themselves on fire, and jump headfirst into a pit full of rabid dobermans.
CMack11
Swifty at his finest!
Swifty
Thethreeyardout
Lest - I appreciate your civil tone during an actual football thread as the season approaches.

Obviously nobody can know for sure, and you make some good points, however I think many Horn fans are counting on our rushing game not dropping off much due to the marked increase in performance of CB AFTER Vince started playing QB most of the time.

Just look at some of the struggles we had running the ball behind the same line, with the same back, but with Chance Mock in the game.

I think most (horn fans) believe that Vince in the backfield made CB better and will similarly make whomever is his replacement better.

And if his passing game to his wideouts improves even marginally, the entire offense should be more effective.

This is a good thread though....you can tell the season is getting closer.
MidnightBevo
Lestat,

you said Vince rushed just over 90 ypg last year it was actually 107 when you include the Rose Bowl. So that puts him in 100-110 sodium predicted. Moreover there is a dramatic increase after the MU game when the coaches let him loose. Over those last 6 games he averaged 152.5. If he's anywhere close to that the 3 RB's and anyone else only have to make up 100 ypg to hit that 240 mark.

Vince 2004 rushing:
UNT: 58
ARK: 58
RICE: 65
BU: 58
OU: 82
MU: 53
TECH: 163
CU: 186
OSU: 130
KU: 132
A&M; 104
MICH: 200

[This message has been edited by MidnightBevo (edited 8/5/2005 3:35p).]
LestatBQ02
threeyard,

No prob...i enjoy discussing college football especially when you don't have to put fheg in every other post...

quote:
I think most (horn fans) believe that Vince in the backfield made CB better and will similarly make whomever is his replacement better.

And if his passing game to his wideouts improves even marginally, the entire offense should be more effective.

I agree, VY and CB were a very good dual threat and both are exceptional players...It will be interesting to see how VY does with a committee at running back

quote:
you said Vince rushed just over 90 ypg last year it was actually 107 when you include the Rose Bowl. So that puts him in 100-110 sodium predicted.

I was going off of the stats from texassports which states that Young started 12 games and averaged 89.9 ypg so i'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from, unless you aren't including the 110 yards he lost in the season...

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/stats/2004/TEAMCUME.HTM#TEAM.IND

Im not saying that VY couldn't average over 100-120 ypg, I just don't think he will currently...If his passing has improved then I could see him averaging about 100 ypg, thats a good 10 yard increase per game...

and not to split hairs, but VY only was credited with 192 rushing yards against michigan

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/stats/2004/Txmirb05.htm#GAME.IND
LonghornDub
Lestat - I think the running back by committee plan will be out the window shortly. I'm told that Selvin Young has made his grades, is up to 225 without losing speed, and is healthy. If so, I suspect that our offense will not change much from the end of last year. Ramonce will spell him a little and return kicks and punts.

If Selvin goes down, then we're back to the committee. Otherwise, SY will be the every down back, and if he is as good as he was, he'll be adequate.

Uva Uvum Vivendo Varia Fit

13 0 Branding Iron
AG

Way to go chuckleheads... you have a STARTING NOSE TACKLE listed on the dept chart (that player and position was listed as a DEFENSIVE TACKLE last year) and you clowns claim that it is up in the air whether or not you will implement a Nose Tackle.

I swear, you imbeciles have never even seen a football. This is almost as stupid as patch claiming Radio will be a pro QB based on his "scrambling ability".

IDIOTS
sodiumacetate
quote:
Way to go chuckleheads... you have a STARTING NOSE TACKLE listed on the dept chart (that player and position was listed as a DEFENSIVE TACKLE last year) and you clowns claim that it is up in the air whether or not you will implement a Nose Tackle.

Actually, it was listed as a nose tackle last year as well on Mack's site.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

Dear simpleton:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/sub/previews/texas.htm
quote:
DE Mike Williams
DT Larry Dibbles
DT Rodrique Wright
DE Tim Crowder

It's been NICE OWNING YOU AGAIN (as usual).

I swear, you sips will NEVER understand this game. Anybody who has ever been on a football field knows you ran a DT-DT system last year. What a bunch of burned orange MORONS.

[This message has been edited by 13 0 Branding Iron (edited 8/5/2005 9:14p).]
RxHorn
Yes, we ran a DT-DT system last year and we will again this year, but the depth chart at texassports.com distinguishes between a DT and NG for reasons unknown. You can either wait until we take the field to know that you have, in fact, been owned... or you can look at our roster and tell me how many NG's we have listed:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/playerinfo_alpha.html
Thethreeyardout
nm

[This message has been edited by Thethreeyardout (edited 8/6/2005 7:11a).]
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
quote:
Yes, we ran a DT-DT system last year and we will again this year, but the depth chart at texassports.com distinguishes between a DT and NG for reasons unknown. You can either wait until we take the field to know that you have, in fact, been owned... or you can look at our roster and tell me how many NG's we have listed:
Moron,

If you knew anything about defense you would realize that there is NEVER a NG in a 4-3.

Newsflash: The nutless bovines run a FOUR-THREE.

As far as your depth chart, ONCE AGAIN, you have THREE NOSE TACKLES listed on the depth chart compared to ZERO last year.

This is because you retards changed defensive coordinators, and your new DC Cheesedick uses a NOSE TACKLE in his defense (just like he did at his last team):

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/depthchart.html
quote:
Right (Power) DE 39 Brian Robison | 99 Kaelen Jakes
Tackle 90 Rodrique Wright | 76 Thomas Marshall OR 91 Tully Janszen
Nose Tackle 97 Frank Okam | 95 Derek Lokey OR 92 Larry Dibbles
Left DE 80 Tim Crowder | 98 Brian Orakpo OR 81 Mike Williams
DAMN you sip clowns are slow learners.

OWNED

stupifiedbyyou
You gain respect when you give respect, no wonder u are labelled a loser.
sodiumacetate
quote:
Dear simpleton:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/sub/previews/texas.htm
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE Mike Williams
DT Larry Dibbles
DT Rodrique Wright
DE Tim Crowder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been NICE OWNING YOU AGAIN (as usual).

I swear, you sips will NEVER understand this game. Anybody who has ever been on a football field knows you ran a DT-DT system last year. What a bunch of burned orange MORONS.

Brandi: Is that Mack's site? Again, last year, on Mack's site, the position was listed as a nose tackle.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

No it wasn't. You don't know what you're talking about.

sodiumacetate
Because if you say so it must be true, right?
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

Not just me, another of you teasip imbeciles says so too:
quote:
Yes, we ran a DT-DT system last year and we will again this year

OWNED

Tell me: What does a Nose tackle do?

[This message has been edited by 13 0 Branding Iron (edited 8/6/2005 10:26a).]
sodiumacetate
In my understanding, a Nose Tackle in a 4-3 usually plays in the Center Guard gap opposite the Defensive Tackle.

A NT might bull rush or might play a shade technique or whatever. Sometimes his job is like a NG in that he is designated to do what coaches call "eating blocks" in a straight rush. Other times he might simply occupy both the C and the G by putting a hand on both at the snap and pushing them up, keeping them off of the LBs and allowing lateral movement behind the line of scrimmage.

I also think we ran a DT-DT system last year, and we will this year. But last year Mack's site listed the position as NT... I think it's just to differentiate on the depth chart.
RxHorn
The depth chart at the end of last spring also had the "NT" position designated - as previously mentioned by sodiumacetate.

Again, show me where there is a NT on our roster:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/playerinfo_alpha.html

[This message has been edited by RxHorn (edited 8/6/2005 8:14p).]
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
I hate to jump in on this debate so late, but Branding Iron is right. In a 4-3 you have a weak (or quick) end, a weak (quick) tackle, a strong tackle and a strong end. In a 3-4 you have a weak (quick) end, a nose tackle and a strong end. End of story. There is not now, nor has there ever been, a nose tackle in the 4-3.

I don't really know why y'all are arguing about this. If MacTrey had a nose tackle listed as a position in the 4-3 last year, he's an idiot. No one in America would ever call a DT an NT in the 3-4 unless, as appears to be the case with some of the posters on this thread, they have no clue what the hell they're talking about.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

Rosters don't differentiate positions like Nose Tackle you moron.

There are THREE on your DEPTH CHART, as posted SEVERAL times
(but here it is again since you're a slow learner):

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/depthchart.html
tmr
Not that it's much of an accomplishment (right up there with beating A&M in football these days), but I guess it's my turn to own Brandy.

http://www.statesman.com/horns/content/sports/stories/longhorns/08/15texfoot.html

quote:
Defensive tackles coach Mike Tolleson is playing Okam at nose tackle this summer, the most double-teamed of the two tackles spots, though all three of his frontline tackles can play both spots.

Mister T-Shirt
Hey tmr,

Shouldn't you be over on the A&M Football board whining like a little b|tch about my sig?

Is it a reflex action when someone makes fun of your players speaking abilities to automatically call them a racist to try and divert the attention from the truth?

Are you really Ty Webb's newest incarnation?

J.C. - "I'n weary weally exciteb..id's like a undle for the university of the uh, um, State ob Tessis..."
stupifiedbyyou
BI=not so frantastic.
morriss
REPLACE MIZZOU WITH BAYLOR AND THIS GUY HAS GOT IT!

MIRACLE PART II, 2005 BAYLOR BEARS!

Seriously, though, I do think UT loses to both OSU and OU, and I think aTm will probably beat UT after they have such a "disappointing" season up to that point. Plus it is at Kyle and you played them tough last year.

Did people forget that Texas beat Mich at a neutral site by 1? What makes people think they can a) win AT OSU or b) beat OU for once. It's not like they lost 2 first round draft picks...

Texas loses to Baylor, OU, OSU, and aTm in 2005!
Ellis Wyatt
I had to check the date of this thread to see if it was actually started in August, 2004, 2003, 2002......

Some things never change around here.
highwayman
quote:
Plus it is at Kyle and you played them tough last year.

incognito
sig test:

sig test:

Texas loses to Baylor, OU, OSU, and aTm in 2005!--morriss
tmr
Frantasy Island - please show a single complaint I've made about your signature, you paranoid, whiny dumba@@.

In fact, I can show at least one example from just last night where I've encouraged you to keep it.

[This message has been edited by tmr (edited 8/15/2005 2:27p).]
GeorgiAg
AG
do you people work?
MidnightBevo
quote:
Did people forget that Texas beat Mich at a neutral site by 1? What makes people think they can a) win AT OSU or b) beat OU for once. It's not like they lost 2 first round draft picks...

Unlike some school's we lose 1st round picks every year. It's what's called reloading. If you guys ever get past rebuilding come back and I'll explain further.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.