I think t.u. loses four games this year

9,029 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Mister T-Shirt
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a flame thread, and at the end of the season I'm sure a bunch of sips will ttt it if they only lose three games, but I was just thinking about it and I figure that all four of their hard games are on the road: Ohio State, Mizzou, and us, as well as the Red River Shoot-out.

If t.u. falls to Ohio State and Mizzou, I bet OU destroys them and we get past them in a two or three score game that plays a lot closer (see K State last season in Kyle Field).

Like I said, just a hunch. Right now everything is speculation, except for Patch's gender preference in dolphins.

http://www.wearyellow.com
KyleUT
While any game is certainly up for grabs, especially when factoring in injuries to key positions (read: QB), I don't see the Horns losing 4 reg season games.

[This message has been edited by KyleUT (edited 8/3/2005 7:56p).]
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

I do too. OSU, OU, Texas A&M and a game they'e supposed to win.

Mike Damone
Possible, but not probable
Buck Naked
Mizu? OSU?

Doubt it.

GOATS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED, YOU MUST FURNISH YOUR OWN GOAT.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

OSU is Ohio State you retard.
Mr. Randy Watson
I doubt we lose at DKR East Tacklebox Stadium at College Station (that myth means nothing to Texas....we have a winning record at the Tacklebox)
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

The nutless bovines are 3-7 at Kyle in their last ten tries.

3-7:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Mr. Randy Watson
By my count, Mack Brown has a winning record at the Tacklebox (and is 2-0 in his last 2 games there). But gas up the Delorean if you must.
RxHorn
Nice. Now if you can only win 70% of the games in the series you can take the lead on us in only... 100 years!
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

How's the weather back there in 1969?
RxHorn
Tell you what. If Texas has 3 losses before the A&M game, I'll buy you tickets to your bowl game. If not, then I get your tickets to the T+1 game at Kyle this year.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

No, you f@gg0ts tend to disappear when you lose and welch on your bets. I've got a "bet" with some clown regarding VY winning the Heisman (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!) and he's already gone.
J. Walter Weatherman
mizzou? come on, you cant be serious. texas will lose no more than 3 games this year unless vince goes down. if he goes down, theyre screwed.
W.E. Henley
quote:
Texas A&M and a game they'e supposed to win

Department of Redundancy Department, may I help you?
Hostile_Aggie
IMO, the only sure loss for tu is Ohio State. Not only is it in one of the top 5 toughest road venues in CF, but IMO OSU is simply a better team.

I think they beat OU this year however, and the only other game they even have a chance of losing is at Kyle, though it wont be easy to beat a team with likely the Big 12 south title on the line.
mj_raider
I see UT losing 1 game to either tOSU or OU.

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 8/4/2005 9:13a).]
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Does anyone remember the game against Mizzou IN AUSTIN this past year? Now they go on the road into a place where Brad Smith has been VERY successful these past four years...

...like I said, after they lose all hopes of a BCS bowl by losing to Mizzou (having already lost all hopes of a MNC by losing to tOSU), OU and Stoops will have no trouble steam-rolling them, and we'll put one over in a game for the ages.

We win the South on a 7-1 Big 12 record (losing only to tceh or Colorado), and go to the Fiesta Bowl.

But I'm sticking to my gut feeling about t.u.'s four losses: tOSU, MU, OU, and little ole A&M.

Mr. Randy Watson
^
|
|
Dennis is winning 20% of his road games as head coach of A&M. Let me guess, you think he will win more at least half of the following 2005 road games: Clemson, Colorado, K-State, & OU.
MidnightBevo
Well I went ahead and bookmarked this for you raging. This has 'crow' written all over it. I won't bring it back if we lose 3, but maybe at 2(depending on what they are) and certainly anything under that!
Thethreeyardout
quote:
If t.u. falls to Ohio State and Mizzou, I bet OU destroys them

I don't think there is any doubt about that part.
zrile9
I can see aggie losing 4-5 games. UT, OU, Tech, Clemson, Colorado and K-state are all possibilities. Baylor seems to be a threat now days. First four listed are locks.
The Dude
If you honestly think we're a lock to lose to Clemson, you're a retard.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Bevo, I expected nothing less.

But I'd like you to bring it up even if you guys end up losing all of your games, that way it would make me look like a nice guy.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
quote:
Dennis is winning 20% of his road games as head coach of A&M. Let me guess, you think he will win more at least half of the following 2005 road games: Clemson, Colorado, K-State, & OU.

Besides the fact that I'm not exactly sure what you're saying in that last sentence, you have to be a little more realistic when looking at a stat like that -- 2003 was a season where Bob Stoops would have probably not done any better at A&M, simply because there was no depth behind some lazy and slow starters. When you have to have a walk-on as your MLB in a 4-3, you know you're in trouble.

The point is that the 20% road winning percentage is somewhat misleading, and having been in a situation like Fran's (coming into a place where past production was so bad that taking a year to even get started in generating growth was expected if not impressive) I can sympathize with his first-year struggles.

Losing to Baylor? No excuse. You got me there. But we beat ISU and OSU quite easily on the road, and gave t.u. a challenge on their turf, as well as losing to BU by only one point.

Our road game record is about to get a lot better over the next few years.

IgnatiusReilly
So raging agaholic... by your reasoning with the Mizzou game last year of why we'll lose to them in their place(close game at home), the ags should lose to Colorado, Tech, and OU this year.

Two games will be somewhat telling of the seasons of UT and aTm. Clemson for the ags and tOSU for UT. I honestly don't know how either game will play out.
sodiumacetate
I love how you aggies honestly think you actually will beat us this year. The game will be that much better this year. It will be great to see the stunned looks on your faces when you're streaming out of Kyle with over 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter like in 2003.
TAMU98AG
HA! sip chodes will have 4 losses before T+1.

gonna be funny to watch.
tacking on an extra year
sodium cant help it. he has these surgically grafted on.

"hey thats journey! kick ass!"
NAS
I don't think tu loses 4, but if they did, it would fit into the Mac scenario.

Old Yeller has already exceeded expectations in that paradigm -- start out strong, recruit lights out, reach a pinnacle that's near the top, then flame out for no logical reason. Typically, it's a career that lasts less than six years. If it holds true, the Mac in question will be gone in a year.

Again, I don't think it'll happen, but that's been the history of Macs at tu.

[This message has been edited by Not_a_sip (edited 8/4/2005 8:08a).]
sodiumacetate
quote:
HA! sip chodes will have 4 losses before T+1.

Don't you love when people make statements that they'll never have to be accountable for. You probably have said we will lose 4-5 games every year. Too bad only the aggies and tech are bad enough to do that.

tacking: no glasses needed to see the desparity in talent in the trenches, where the game is won and lost. Texas OL > A&M DL and Texas DL >> A&M OL
stupifiedbyyou
I am still waiting on any ags who's willing to bet that Aggies will beat the Horns, even money. I don't expect to collect, but I will reserve the rights to call them names when they don't pay.
RxHorn

Well, Brandi has no faith in his drivel. How about the rest of you goons that are so sure.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Until the 'sips go out and lose, I don't think it's very realistic to say that they will lose more than 1 or 2 games. The simple fact of the matter is that they have dominated 4 of the 5 other Big XII South schools over the last few years, yet every year we get predictions that this will be the year that they falter.

A case can be made that 2005 may actually be the year it happens, but I still think it's premature to make that prediction. By all accounts, their junior QB will be on the Heisman radar all year. I know, I know -- "he can't throw . . . they'll be one dimensional." That may be true, but that one dimension has done pretty well for him over the last two years. If their O-line is as good as it has been for the last few years, it won't matter if he can throw or not. He has the kind of talent that wins games that his team should lose.

I think t.u. finally gets by BlowU this year. They may very well lose to OSU first, but if they beat the land thieves there may be no stopping them. It will be an achievement ranking right up there with winning an MNC. If MacTrey gets that monkey off his back, I fear they'll roll right into the MNC game. Of course, I could also see them losing 3-4 games, but I'm not ready to make that prediction until there's more evidence that it might actually come true.
INIGO MONTOYA
BI spins on about time machines, and yet he spouts off on records over the past 20 years. BI - I guess we haven't been "disappearing" much lately....as opposed to you.

Raging wants to point to Mizzou in Austin last year -- take a look at Baylor last year. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Poor aggies --- how's your offensive line going to be this year?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.