This just in!

3,277 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas Tech starting QBs have more Super Bowl wins than any other state of Texas college football programs!

Stay tuned...
AggieOO
Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season.
Aggiemike96
AG
AggieOO said:

Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season.

Wrong. Tech's best season with Mahomes at QB was 2015. Mahomes best season, per your statement, was 2016.
AggieOO
thanks ncaa.com

TXAGBQ76
AG
Golf clap to you little man. Congrats on your moral victory, at least you have something to brag about.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Golf clap to you little man. Congrats on your moral victory, at least you have something to brag about.

The whole country doesn't tune in for the Super Bowl for moral victories, I assure you…
Bosco
AG
Just thought of something! Maybe you can send your kids to A&M. That way you can feel like you belong to something great for once.

Texas velvet maestro
Pretty efing huge. Congratulations. get that narrative out there!
If this doesn't translate into a top 5 recruiting class in 2024 for the Red Raiders, then Tx Tech must be doing something horribly wrong. Gonna stay tuned.
Big 12-0
AggieOO said:

In 2017, Mahomes was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. Since then, he has won two Super Bowls in three Super Bowl appearances. In addition, he has won 2 Super Bowl MVPs, 2 NFL Most Valuable Player, 2 First Team Pro Bowl, among many other accolades and records.
Texas velvet maestro
don't hang your head for holding Mahomes back. be happy that he blossomed when he got out of there.
vin1041
AG
Zach Thomas made into the NFL Hall of Fame!
TXAGBQ76
AG
And the whole country did not tune in for the Super Bowl.
maroon barchetta
Texas velvet maestro said:

Pretty efing huge. Congratulations. get that narrative out there!
If this doesn't translate into a top 5 recruiting class in 2024 for the Red Raiders, then Tx Tech must be doing something horribly wrong. Gonna stay tuned.

Can you send them some stamps so they can send those offer letters out to those recruits?
AggieOO
Big 12-0 said:

AggieOO said:

In 2017, Mahomes was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. Since then, he has won two Super Bowls in three Super Bowl appearances. In addition, he has won 2 Super Bowl MVPs, 2 NFL Most Valuable Player, 2 First Team Pro Bowl, among many other accolades and records.

thanks for reinforcing my point that tech sucked when he was there and that he hasn't been a tech qb for the last 7 years.
Deus Vult
Big 12-0 said:

AggieOO said:

So let me see if I'm understanding what you are say. Mahomes is a 2 times Super Bowl champion and MVP but could only manage a 7-5 best record and an overall losing record at Tech in the Big-12. Pretty sure this is an indictment on how poor the Tech football program is as a whole.
Big 12-0
Deus Vult said:

Big 12-0 said:

AggieOO said:

So let me see if I'm understanding what you are say. Mahomes is a 2 times Super Bowl champion and MVP but could only manage a 7-5 best record and an overall losing record at Tech in the Big-12. Pretty sure this is an indictment on how poor the Tech football program is as a whole.

From here, it's possible!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Looks like he succeeded in spite of his lack of development at tt.
MGS
Big 12-0 said:

Texas Tech starting QBs have more Super Bowl wins than any other state of Texas college football programs!

Stay tuned...
Shane Buechele is also on the Chiefs, so chalk one up for both Texas and SMU!
Big 12-0
MGS said:

Big 12-0 said:

Stay tuned...
Shane Buechele is also on the Chiefs, so chalk one up for both Texas and SMU!

But he didn't start. Kliff Kingsbury could add a few more rings to Tech's tally if this was the case.
1991sir
Looks like qbs do better once they leave Tech…
Big 12-0
1991sir said:

Does that include Kingsbury?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Well, he just got fired so it appears not
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Well, he just got fired so it appears not

I wish someone would fire me and then pay me millions of dollars like poor Kingsbury.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Hard for you to accomplish that unless you own or at least manage the pizza shop.

So, kliffy was so bad they paid him to leave. That's what rich folks do, others sit around wish….

That's two major failures for him.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Hard for you to accomplish that unless you own or at least manage the pizza shop.

So, kliffy was so bad they paid him to leave. That's what rich folks do, others sit around wish….

That's two major failures for him.

Sad. I wish him all the best through this tragic time.
MooreTrucker
AG
Deus Vult said:

More of an indictment of how poor Kliff Kingsbury was as a head coach. He hated recruiting and pretty much ignored the defense altogether. Mahomes broke school and NCAA records himself but had no support from the other side of the team.

In 2016, for example, they scored 40+ points in most games, 50+ in 4 games, and 69 points in one. Conversely, they gave up 40+ in almost every game and 60+ 3 times.
Big 12-0
MooreTrucker said:

Deus Vult said:

More of an indictment of how poor Kliff Kingsbury was as a head coach. He hated recruiting and pretty much ignored the defense altogether. Mahomes broke school and NCAA records himself but had no support from the other side of the team.

In 2016, for example, they scored 40+ points in most games, 50+ in 4 games, and 69 points in one. Conversely, they gave up 40+ in almost every game and 60+ 3 times.
You're not going to get an argument out of me. The Kingsbury Texas Tech HC era is best forgotten.
chlavinka
AG
Mahomes was quite good at Tech. But the defense was historically bad.
ttu_85
1991sir said:

Bull. Mahomes had several big years at Tech. He just didn't have a defense to help him out.
Harrell had all these pieces and owned the Aggies as did several other Tech QB's. You guy have understandably bad memories.
45-70Ag
AG
Mahomes just proves how god awful tech is as a program and place to play.

One of the nfl's great quarterbacks in the last 30 years and had an at best mediocre college career because of tech. Wreck'em.
MooreTrucker
AG
45-70Ag said:

Mahomes just proves how god awful tech is as a program and place to play.

One of the nfl's great quarterbacks in the last 30 years and had an at best mediocre college career because of tech. Wreck'em.
Continuing to say that doesn't make it true. Mahomes won the Sammy Baugh award for example and had much more than a "mediocre" career. What he did have was a zero defense and coach who is a really great OC but that's it.
vin1041
AG
raider rash had a 2 time Super Bowl winning champion qb on its team snd still couldn't win a big-10.5 championship.
MooreTrucker
AG
vin1041 said:

raider rash had a 2 time Super Bowl winning champion qb on its team snd still couldn't win a big-10.5 championship.

Lol…somebody didn't read the thread, just dropped in to take a random shot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.