Aggies rush the field!

1,233 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by inconvenient truth
R8ted
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I laughed.

Everyone knows they are Texas' little brother, cause they flashed the horns down almost every time they showed the crowd.

Does rushing the field mean the fans know they are LSU's little brother too? Seems like it. Why else would you be so excited about winning a game that lifts you to 5-7 and doesn't even make you bowl eligible?

Rusty Aha
AG
OP up before 6am to make haste to TexAgs. That's some serious dedication.
Big 12-0
The irony is thicc in hereā€¦

Maybe "storming the field" will get tagged as some kind of Aggie tradition and will be now justified.
JWinTX
A 5-7 team just beat the 5th ranked team in the country to ruin their playoff chances. Running onto the field is very acceptable.

A 7-5 team just beat a 6-6 team in OT. Rushing the field is not acceptable and confirms that you people have syphillis brains
Big 12-0
JWinTX said:

A 5-7 team just beat the 5th ranked team in the country to ruin their playoff chances. Running onto the field is very acceptable.

A 7-5 team just beat a 6-6 team in OT. Rushing the field is not acceptable and confirms that you people have syphillis brains

Not that this is bragging, but it was the first time Tech beat both Texas and Oklahoma in one season. And it was cold! A great excuse to warm up with your fellow Raiders.
Muy
AG
Big 12-0 said:

JWinTX said:

Not that this is bragging, but it was the first time Tech beat both Texas and Oklahoma in one season. And it was cold! A great excuse to warm up with your fellow Raiders.

So the students rushed the field because they had beaten tu and OU in the same season?
BillYeoman
Big 12-0 said:

JWinTX said:

You forgot UH.
Big 12-0
Muy said:

Big 12-0 said:

JWinTX said:

So the students rushed the field because they had beaten tu and OU in the same season?

Yes, probably subconsciously (and in some cases unconsciously due to devil juice intake).

And it was the first time we Red Raiders had gotten together since the Thanksgiving break. Great to catch up with old friends on the football field.

It was also the last game with the iconic Double T scoreboard in the south end zone. Would you pass up that photo op?
Muy
AG
I have no problem with fans hitting the field to celebrate a big win. My boys were at the game at Kyle last night (one's a junior, the other graduated a year ago), and hope they celebrated the big win over LSU, including rushing the field.
Big 12-0
Muy said:

I have no problem with fans hitting the field to celebrate a big win. My boys were at the game at Kyle last night (one's a junior, the other graduated a year ago), and hope they celebrated the big win over LSU, including rushing the field.

That's great, I have no problem with that, either. It will be a great memory for your boys! But there's been this overwhelming view on Old Rivalries that it's classless when Tech does it.

Last night was the last game for our iconic Double T scoreboard. It wasn't that we just beat a mediocre Oklahoma but the scoreboard went out with a big win. And a lot of Red Raiders got a great photo from the field with the old Double T (R.I.P.).
inconvenient truth
JWinTX said:

You'd think this wouldn't be that hard for sip to understand. When it comes to 5-7 seasons and missing bowls, sip is truly the undisputed expert.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.