What happened here?

2,952 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TeeShirt Sip
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Not making a joke, just wondering what the heck happened here?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Two idiots ignored signage, refused to move when asked, heard a giant boom.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Two idiots ignored signage, refused to move when asked, heard a giant boom.
The video says the canon was accidentally shot off, but you are saying that two football players from the opposing team didn't heed the warning signage, even refused to move when asked, and the Aggies shot a canon toward them anyways? I thought it was accidentally discharged while the players were nearby and my thought was why would they let players that close if the canon was "live."
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nope. The cannon sits in a portal, there is a 25' arc clear zone (safety reps say 10' is needed), there is signage saying stand back cannon will fire. It is fired when the team enters the field and after every score. Been that way for decades., nothing accidental about it.

The signs were pointed out to those guys and they were warned it was going to fire- they ignored the warning.
Big 12-0
That seems... odd... to me. The canon crew have the go-ahead to fire away even if players are close by? And not even thinking of the safety of it all but the negative PR of watching opposing players being blasted with canon smoke?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, that smoke ring coming out of the barrel can be pretty scaring as it flies up into the air.
Big 12-0
Big 12-0
Hehateme1
Big 12-0 said:

That seems... odd... to me. The canon crew have the go-ahead to fire away even if players are close by? And not even thinking of the safety of it all but the negative PR of watching opposing players being blasted with canon smoke?
If there were live rounds in the cannon it would have missed those dudes. Would have, at most, maimed a few folks in the south end zone.
Big 12-0
Quote:

If there were live rounds in the cannon it would have missed those dudes. Would have, at most, maimed a few folks in the south end zone.

Not "live" rounds but the canon was "live."
SafetySam79
AG
Quote:

canon
Big 12-0
SafetySam79 said:

Quote:

canon

Good eye!
Loyalty
AG
Big 12-0 said:

You're concerned? Lol. Whatever, don't worry about us. You should be more concerned with the current sexually transmitted crabs epidemic on the raider campus no?
Charlie 31
AG
Corps Turds and their Marine Corps officer advisor decided it was okay to fire off a 75mm cannon less than 50 meters from where an opposing team's players were in the blast area of the cannon. No matter who tries to justify this, it was wrong. The debris from the blast could have harmed those players.
BillYeoman
Something similar happened to me. I was saying a little prayer in the outfield and then a bunch of mortars went off above my head. No warning given.

Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

A fat Aggie gal farted on those dudes.
maroon barchetta
Texas velvet maestro said:

Big 12-0 said:

You were saying?
maroon barchetta
Stupid filter
carl spacklers hat
maroon barchetta said:

Big 12-0 said:

You were saying?

Is that the OP to Butter Teef's right?

Stay tuned........in to The Crying Game
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Loyalty
AG
Actually, TVM has already identified himself as the dude on the right.
yell_on_6th st
AG
We're Aggies, when wars need to be won we win them. We practice to win wars. We are better people than you, so STFU.
Muy
AG
I would have had a heart attack
Big 12-0

Big 12-0 said:

I will have you know that that fat Aggie gal who farted on those dudes is MY WIFE!
TXAG 05
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Corps Turds and their Marine Corps officer advisor decided it was okay to fire off a 75mm cannon less than 50 meters from where an opposing team's players were in the blast area of the cannon. No matter who tries to justify this, it was wrong. The debris from the blast could have harmed those players.

Oh no! Not smoke! It might have made them cough!

I seriously hope this is a troll. If not, you have issues.
TeeShirt Sip
I thought aggie cannongate was hilarious.

I would have loved to hear what the players said in the moment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.