Texas tech beating #7 TCU...

2,105 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kellso
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guns up! Knock BDF completely out of playoff picture
Raiderjay
Nope...refs changed the game with 3 straight bad calls that gave TCU go ahead score and tech imploded....
Texas velvet maestro
tech needs a qb who can go 4 quarters
91_Aggie
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

tech needs a qb who can go 4 quarters

O
Don't we all
Skubalon
Raiderjay said:

Nope...refs changed the game with 3 straight bad calls that gave TCU go ahead score and tech imploded....
I hate blaming the refs for a loss, especially for a middling team like Tech right now, but the refs straight up gave TCU 2 touchdowns in this game, and it's sickening.
JWinTX
Skubalon said:

Raiderjay said:

I hate blaming the refs for a loss, especially for a middling team like Tech right now, but the refs straight up gave TCU 2 touchdowns in this game, and it's sickening.

Too much money on the line. We saw that in the Ole Miss game here. Absolutely no calls are going the way of an underdog that has no chance of making the playoff. Mangino called that out decades ago against Texas…
Kellso
TCU came into the BIGXII 10 years ago, and have outperformed Texas Tech.
Texas Tech has still not won the BIGXII title in football.

I get the feeling that Tech and TCU folks don't care for each other all that much. Ft Worth considers itself to be the intellectual and cultural capitol of West Texas. The people in Lubbock beg to differ....and they sometime wonder if folks from Ft Worth can really claim West Texas.

Texas Tech's biggest rivalry in the upcoming years will be with the University of Houston. Familiarity breeds contempt.
JWinTX
Kellso said:

I get the feeling that Tech and TCU folks don't care for each other all that much. Ft Worth considers itself to be the intellectual and cultural capitol of West Texas. The people in Lubbock beg to differ....and they sometime wonder if folks from Ft Worth can really claim West Texas.

Texas Tech's biggest rivalry in the upcoming years will be with the University of Houston. Familiarity breeds contempt.
It also breeds STD's and crimes
Big 12-0
Kellso said:

I love how Fort Worth thinks the west starts there when we all know that it's Sweetwater.
maroon barchetta
Fort Worth is north Texas. Damned near Oklahoma.

I would accept Abilene as west Texas but not Fort Worth.
91_Aggie
AG
Why would techsters be upset at someone claiming to be the intellectual center of west texas??!??! I have never met anyone from Tech that cared about being described as "intelligent".
Kellso
maroon barchetta said:

Fort Worth is north Texas. Damned near Oklahoma.

I would accept Abilene as west Texas but not Fort Worth.
I would agree with you, but there are many folks that state that if Texas were split into 5 states that Ft Worth would be the capitol of West Texas.

Ft Worth would be like Memphis or Philadelphia. This is when a major city is at the far far edge of that state and bleeds into other states.....but still holds outsize influence on the state it resides.

The people that would consider Ft Worth the largest city in West Texas would state that they have the best museums, restaurants and zoo of any city in Texas from El Paso to Dallas.
They have the most people and the richest residents. When you live in Tarrant County you can have big city amenities while still living in a town that holds on to its Western/Cowboy roots.

The Texas Tech fans state that Lubbock is real West Texas. Friday Night Lights Texas. Work the land with your hands Texas.
Many folks that live in the panhandle would state that Lubbock, Midland or Amarillo is the real capitol of West Texas.

Ft Worth vs Midland?

Personally.......My $$$ is on Funky Town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.