19/49 and 3 interceptions

3,232 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by blutow
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gets you a Lamborghini at Texas.

Commies.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Ewing looked like poop today.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Ewers looked like poop today.

Oopps!
Potcake
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

Oopps!

I figured you meant Lucy Ewing.
maroon barchetta
Potcake said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

Oopps!

I figured you meant Lucy Ewing.

Pam >>>>>> Lucy
Potcake
AG
Pam was cold. Lucy would do things.
Big 12-0
Sark wishes it was a dream…
maroon barchetta
Potcake said:

Pam was cold. Lucy would do things.

Watch this and then reconsider.

Clob94
BillYeoman said:

Commies.
It's not him. It's the play calling. Sark is calling Alabama style plays and he doesn't have Alabama style WRs.

Ewers can make any throw. He's got an NFL caliber arm. It's simply that the WRs, the coach and the QB are not on the same page.
BillYeoman
Clob94 said:

BillYeoman said:

Commies.
It's not him. It's the play calling. Sark is calling Alabama style plays and he doesn't have Alabama style WRs.

Ewers can make any throw. He's got an NFL caliber arm. It's simply that the WRs, the coach and the QB are not on the same page.

I actually agree with this.
LonghornDub
Sark doesn't know how to win.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

newbie11
Clob94 said:

BillYeoman said:

Commies.

CAN make any throw isn't the same as actually making the throws? Besides Bama game, he's looked real average imo.
Petrino1
newbie11 said:

Clob94 said:

BillYeoman said:

Commies.

CAN make any throw isn't the same as actually making the throws? Besides Bama game, he's looked real average imo.
Did you forget the OU game? He had a monster game then too.
newbie11
ea1060 said:

newbie11 said:

Clob94 said:

BillYeoman said:

Commies.

Did you forget the OU game? He had a monster game then too.
Against ou? They suck. He played well in the worst defeat in ou history of the rrs. Gee. Calzada had a monster game against Bama. Bfd.
awinlonghorn
he is freshman. he had a terrible game. one of the worst by a texas qB in the last ten years and that's saying a lot given who we've had at QB.

that being said, the talent is there. he has shown it. he'll be better for it.

The defense on the other hand...oh boy. i would trade our defense with yalls in a heart beat.
TXAGBQ76
AG
That's why I scratched my head when tu signed him. He did not have a good record as a head coach- he did okay as an OC at Bama, but he had a ton of weapons at his disposal. I just figured it was a "can't get Saban, so get someone who worked for Saban" mentality.
blutow
If not Sark, then who? Besides Saban and Dabo and maybe Kirby, you get into crap shoot territory pretty quick. Hard to argue on results from Reilly and Kelly, but neither are what I'd want as the face of a program. Urban is even worse. Sark is still a huge question mark, but there really aren't any "sure bets" out there. At some point, you have to give a coach 3-4 years unless it's a total dumpster fire (hello Auburn). If Sark can get the offense rolling consistently, things get a lot easier with recruiting and retention. Unless the team has a complete implosion, I expect he'll at least get this year and next. Then onto the next "shiny new thing" and another 3-4 years..... Eventually the stars can align. Unless you are Ohio State, then the stars align for every coach you hire.

Ewers will be fine. He's got undeniable talent, but he's young and has a lot more mistakes ahead before he'll be consistent. He hasn't even played 5 games of college football. Sark will be getting some receiving talent through the portal and that should help the young QB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.