The sips aren't insecure about losing...

4,229 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Clob94
Tom Doniphon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...to their Daddy twice this year in baseball. Not insecure at all.

Matsui
Clob94
Well when you have a sub-par year, it's usual to make changes.
TXAGBQ76
AG
So why not clean house?
Clob94
TXAGBQ76 said:

So why not clean house?
honestly our pitching and bullpen is where we struggled most.

Science Denier
AG
Clob94 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

So why not clean house?

Didn't sip have the lowest ERA in the Big12?
80s Guy
Science Denier said:

Clob94 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

So why not clean house?

Didn't sip have the lowest ERA in the Big12?

Kinda like being the tallest midget?
TXAGBQ76
AG
26th in the nation era and lowest era in the BDF?
Maybe the hitting coach should go too after Sunday's showing?
Tom Doniphon
Clob94 said:

That's probably also why it was referred to as a "bizarre move."
Science Denier
AG
Clob94 said:

So, sip thinks making it to Omaha is a sub-par year and need to overhaul their coaching staff.

No wonder they suck.
West Point Aggie
AG
Clob94 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

So why not clean house?

I know lil ol A&M scored 20 runs in two games…how embarrassing for you…
Let’s Go Brandon!
firethewagonup
Pre season #1 n sheit
Gigem Aggies
Clob94
Science Denier said:

Clob94 said:

So, sip thinks making it to Omaha is a sub-par year and need to overhaul their coaching staff.

No wonder they suck.
As far as pitching goes- yes.

If you look at the numbers, historically, we have pitched well and played small ball. Stolen bases, bunts etc.
This year we scored more runs than any Texas team previously, and had more HRs by a WIDE margin.

What suffered? Our pitching and bullpen. We lost our ace right out of the gate. That's life. We didn't have the depth or talent in the bullpen we needed.

So-- new pitching coach.
Science Denier
AG
Clob94 said:

Science Denier said:

Clob94 said:

No wonder they suck.
As far as pitching goes- yes.

If you look at the numbers, historically, we have pitched well and played small ball. Stolen bases, bunts etc.
This year we scored more runs than any Texas team previously, and had more HRs by a WIDE margin.

What suffered? Our pitching and bullpen. We lost our ace right out of the gate. That's life. We didn't have the depth or talent in the bullpen we needed.

So-- new pitching coach.
Preface: I'm going to insert some actual baseball talk. But, so it fits this board, I'll throw some stupid, dumbasses, etc. in there.

Sips are so ****ing stupid. They will buy whatever their coach feeds them. "LOOK AT A&M!! WE GOT A LEAD AND COULDN"T HOLD IT!! WE GAVE UP 10 TO THIOSE AGGIEGUREA!!!!

So, head coach convinces them that they need to fire pitching coach? LOL. And, one Yet, one of these gullible losers comes on here and says look at the numbers: Well, I actually did look at them a bit after destroying them in the CWS. They came out fired up playing hard. They jumped on us early. However, when Werner got his hit and we went up 2, they looked like they just flat quit. So, that got me curious and here is what I found.

By my quick review, sip is 6-22 all season when they don't have the lead after the 3rd inning.

Those 6 wins:
1. Tennessee - good team
2. South Carolina - lol
3. OU - good team
4. Baylor - lol
5. Kansas - lol
6. East Carolina - good team - maybe??

We are not talking when down late in the game. Just after 3, it's pretty easy to know what the final result will be. As a comparison, I didn't count all games, but IN JUST POST SEASON GAMES, we won 5 games when down after 3 innings. So, when we got a 3 run lead after the 3rd, they were pretty much toast.

My conclusion: Sip baseball has tons of talent yet zero heart.

So, idiot sip over here blabs about pitching was their weakness. So, I dug a bit more. Of sip's 22 losses, they scored either 1 run or zero runs in the 7th-9th inning a whopping 16 times. It's not just your pitchers that suck when the crunch time comes around and you are about to lose.

Your team needs heart, not a new pitching coach. Your pitching led the Big 12 and was a top 25 pitching staff this year. Your team's quitter's attitude is the issue.

That zero heart team quits when they are behind. That's not on the pitching coach. That's the team attitude and is on your head guy.

****ing ******s.

Tom Doniphon
Username doesn't check out.
Clob94
meh---- if you say so.

Old adage-- "There's lies, there's damn lies and then there's statistics."
OPAG
AG
Clob you should quit tu as well.

There is not one single thing about that U that you are in favor of. NOT ONE!
"only one thing is important!"
Lonestar-aught-six
But they had the HisPanic Titanic. Why couldn't they overcome it?
Clob94
OPAG said:

I can't. You know I can't. And you know why.

At some point (sigh) we will push through this trough we are in (football) and the student body will slowly shift back toward a little less bat s*** crazy-- and I'll be on here telling you how we are likely to win 10 games instead of 6.

But for now-- it is what it is.
OPAG
AG
You can and you should. It's not just the student body, the student body is a product of what tu has become which is at odds with everything you hold dear! My hatred of tu has nothing to with it being a 'rivalry', it has every thing to do with what it has become. AND YOU KNOW IT !

Let me tell you a true story.

My father's best friend was a sip, a very proud sip. Orange underwear type. Even had a sip toilet lid. He was WWII vet with 10th Mountain Div. Was one of 4 survivors from his company fighting in Europe..

He had 5 kids 2 boys 3 girls we had 4 boys, Their oldest son was right between my two older brothers. they were and are still, life long best friends. My two older brothers went to A&M in class of 68 and 70 His, Bill's oldest went to tu class of 70. Both my brothers went into the Corps and also the army afterwards. Bill attended both my older brothers graduation, but he attended his son's graduation at tu class of 70 a couple of days after attending my second brother's graduation and commissioning at A&M.. WOW. what a difference.

General Westmoreland was the commencement speak. He called A&M the last bastion of sanity among publicly funded universities and he was right. The SDS were active everywhere but A&M. A couple of SDS decide to lay down in front of the band on the final review drill field and that band marched right over them!
Bill was extremely impressed and touched this guy was like a "Private Ryan" he felt that he was given life to honor those who lost theirs.

When he went to tu every thing was the opposite, yelling obscenities' during graduation, hippes every where, girls dressed proactively even those graduating, no respect for anything, giving lip to my brothers, burning the US flag. Flat anti American, totally opposite of everything he held dear and fought for. And nothing was done to stop or address it.

Bill was embarrassed, ashamed and angry, My brothers and dad where with him at his son's graduation.

The next day Bill went home took his tu diploma off the wall. folded it up and mailed it back to the President of tu with a letter attached expressing his displeasure and embarrassment for what tu had become and asked who it became this way and why was nothing done to stop the nonsense and then disavowed tu. He took every single sip item he had (he had a lot) and took out to a field and burned it all!

The next day he called the 12th man association, explained his situation and his history and asked if there was anyway he could become an honorary Aggie, his conversion was full and complete. He was double diamond donor, replaced all his tu stuff with A&M stuff and spent the last 30+ years of his life as one of the most ardent Ags I have ever know.

"only one thing is important!"
EVA3
AG
If it didn't get burned, I'd like to have the toilet seat.
Clob94
I appreciate the story. Sincerely.

And honestly, I do identify more with the people at your University than I do my own. I grew up hunting, fishing, being out doors constantly. I can't even remember learning to shoot because my dad taught me at such a young age. I had a deer rifle and a 16 Guage Remington model 870 in my dorm all through out college.
I have family that went to your school. I've been best man for two Ags. I've even "sawed" the horns off at the wedding party to be a good sport. Hell, I flew on a private plane with both Shaun and RC on my recruiting trip there. I was almost married to a girl whose Grandfather is LITERALLY an Aggie legend..... like-- L E G E N D.

Like, you all know his name-- legend.

So yes. I do have deep ties to your school. Did I ever "hate" it? Nah. There was always good natured joshing and ball busting both given and received-- but I never wished for a meteor to strike your campus. That's why I don't get all the "vitriol" on this page. I mean, I've got Aggie jokes-- just like you've got hippie pot smoking gay jokes about Austin. I'm not a hippie pot smoking gay dude so they don't offend me-- just like I'm sure you don't have sex with animals at the vet barn during lab class.

We have these jokes about each other because-- we were told to. Someone taught us these stereotypes.
That's "off" the field.

Now, on the field-- of course-- we ain't friends while the clock is running. Want to beat your arse and make your momma cry.
But after-- I'm ready to go have a beer and some Q with you and catch up.
At the end of the day, we come from insanely wealthy schools with different traditions.
We have pot smoking chicks with armpit hair, you have gap tooth hillbillies in overalls.
We have tall buildings and big bars, you have honky-tonks and neon lights.
We have girl cheer leaders, you used to have male yell leaders only.
We wear our hats, you uncover.
We roll in the grass, you don't walk on it.

But to me--- THAT is what always made it fun-- our differences.

Oklahoma can die in a fire for all I care.
MooreTrucker
AG
Clob94 said:

OPAG said:

I can't. You know I can't. And you know why.

At some point (sigh) we will push through this trough we are in (football) and the student body will slowly shift back toward a little less bat s*** crazy-- and I'll be on here telling you how we are likely to win 10 games instead of 6.

But for now-- it is what it is.
That's not EVER happening. Not in your lifetime, or your kids', or their kids.
BaileyAg
AG
Clob is good people
David_Puddy
AG
Clob & 33 are the 2 best tsip posters we got. Thank God most of the tshirt goons vanished but I have no doubt they'll be back here soon.
Clob94
BaileyAg said:

Clob is good people
Danke
Clob94
David_Puddy said:

Clob & 33 are the 2 best tsip posters we got. Thank God most of the tshirt goons vanished but I have no doubt they'll be back here soon.
Well some dudes are happy about this Arch Manning thing. So the casual posters will be back soon....

Honestly, I've been poo poo-ing it for a while because I'm an old business associate with one of Cooper's college roommates.
I've relied on his insight and it didn't look great for Texas for some time-- according to him.
I watched the kid play his last two playoff games on live stream and I wasn't really impressed. He's got talent-- but I'd take 2001 Vince Young over him.
And the expectations---- so high that there's no place to go but down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.