Sports Illustrated reports SEC may be bad for college football

3,615 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No talk, just facts:

SEC BAD?
BQ_90
AG
I'm not shocked a tard doesn't know the difference between facts and opinions.
BohunkAg
AG
I report that Lubbock may be bad for genital health.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
T&P for your conference.
AgCat93
AG
91_Aggie
AG
Advice for Non-SEC teams:
Git Gud!
Madman
AG
Newsflash sports illustrated doesn't like the one conference they have the least connection to
Madman
AG
And the one conference that is very connected to their primary business rival
AgDotCom
I don't know about y'all, but whenever I see a "fact" followed by a question mark, it is definitely a FACT.

Facts mean something is certain and true. The question mark is used for emphasis when something is certain and true.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nonsense. Non-SEC fans on this board go out of their way daily to explain how it's no better than any other conference.
RK
AG
So, being good at football is bad for teams that are less good at football?
TXAG 05
AG
Sounds like it was written by someone on Texags.

We want to see the best teams compete for the title, but we don't like it when the best teams aren't the teams we like.
AggieBand2004
AG
Sports Illustrated also says that fit women in tiny swimwear is bad, so...
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL, still letting live rent free in your head I see…
e=mc2
AG
Sports illustrated likes chicks with dicks. Nice source snapper head.
SgtBarbarossa
APHIS AG
Big 12-0 said:

No talk, just facts:

SEC BAD?
And that is why t.u. and okie jumped.
aginlakeway
AG
Big 12-0 said:

No talk, just facts:

SEC BAD?

Ok. But those are opinions and not facts.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Muy
AG
This just in: Fans of other conferences are super jealous.
AgCat93
AG
aginlakeway said:

Big 12-0 said:

No talk, just facts:

SEC BAD?

Ok. But those are opinions and not facts.

Ketch has made a living marketing opinions as facts.

Look where that's led them.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
Big 12-0 said:

No talk, just facts:

SEC BAD?
Nice job of misstating the article's title, and changing its meaning into something 180 degrees of what the article sets out to say. The actual title is,
"Is SEC's playoff dominance bad for college football?"

A few quotes from the article further crush the narrative you have been trying to put out there:

"The SEC's latest run is unparalleled in the history of the sport. The league has qualified 18 teams to the last 16 national championship games and only one of those 16 title bouts didn't have at least one SEC team in it. The parity within college footballmostly nonexistent historicallyis only worsening.

Any sports association, amateur or professional, benefits from healthy and legitimate competition. And for now, one conference is dominating enough to have sent the sport into a somewhat monotonous postseason.

The best teams, the best coaches, the most money, on and on, all reside in the South and the SEC.

Excluding the latest cycle, the 11-state SEC footprint has produced 197 five-star prospects since 2011. The other 39 states have churned out 134. The SEC gets the best players, wins the most games, makes the most money and so on. It's a cycle.

The SEC's stranglehold on college football feels tighter than ever with no sign of loosening."

A swing and a huge miss. Keep trying, though.

Ugly
AG
I don't know if SEC dominance is bad for other college football teams, but I know that other bad college football teams are the reason for SEC dominance.
Tom Doniphon
Didn't SI put a bunch of transvestite ******s in their last Swimsuit Edition? Who gives a f what they think?
Iowaggie
AG
I'd say its a maybe.

When there is no suspense, the story is boring.
Right now, the best part of college football has been regular season matchups within the SEC Conference. What has the post-season become? Playoff blowouts, bowl game opt-outs and coach/transfer portal changes. The SEC's dominance is only growing so I hope the league doesn't stay at 8 conference games.

I want more SEC v SEC in the regular season, like a 10 game schedule, plus at least 1 game OOC versus another P5 school. I can count on interesting weeks when there is SEC v SEC playing, and the more is better. The SEC is determining the national championship, so give me more of that.

HTownAg98
The eight game schedule is why we keep having two teams in the CFP. If you add more conference games, that means more conference losses, and more chances to screw things up like the bdf repeatedly does.
Iowaggie
AG
Some might say that lack of quality teams in other conferences and number of good teams in the SEC is why the SEC gets 2 teams in.

I'd rather get rid of 28 OOC games like A&M vs Kent St/New Mexico or Tennessee vs Tenn Tech for 14 more conference games like Tennessee or Kentucky v A&M.

Either way only 1 SEC teams holds the national championship trophy in the end.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The SEC is so bad for football, numerous schools are destroying conferences trying to get into it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.