Highest paid AD in college athletics

2,517 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mulch
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://frontofficesports.com/newsletter/fos-college-p5-millionaire-ad-club/

Can't hire a football coach to save his life.
Sea Speed
AG
Del has a 14 million dollar buyout. WTF!
Tom Doniphon
Didn't they poach him from the mighty horn frogs or something?
Sea Speed
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

Didn't they poach him from the mighty horn frogs or something?

And theybdidnt even know his name. Ole Del got the last laugh.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

And they didn't even know his name.
Wasn't it "that purple sumbeech"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag83
AG
And he doesn't even oversee women's sports.
mulch
AG
Dude come on. He put a Ferris wheel up and wears orange suits.

Put some damn respect on Clown Del Conte
Sea Speed
AG
It would be so great if he trashed the program on purpose for being such smug arrogant *******s to him and he rides out with 20 mil or so. perfect.
agent-maroon
AG
Sea Speed said:

It would be so great if he trashed the program on purpose for being such smug arrogant *******s to him and he rides out with 20 mil or so. perfect.

Yeah. How would anybody ever be able to tell if It was intentional?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sea Speed
AG
agent-maroon said:

Sea Speed said:

Yeah. How would anybody ever be able to tell It was intentional?
its the perfect crime.
Muy
AG
But he wins national championships in sports that nobody watches. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?
Science Denier
AG
Muy said:

But he wins national championships in sports that nobody watches. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?
So he's $Bill?
mulch
AG
Who is trying to hire Del away?

If he quit today he would be back in the G5 at some buster school.

Whoever negotiates contracts and buy outs at sippy is horrendous at their job.

But please, keep shoveling wasted dollars at Strong, Herman, Sark, Del.

That's $150 million that could be going to facilities etc.

Congrats sips. You played yourself
wbt5845
AG
The story of him driving down to Austin to suck off DeLoss and ending up drinking the old man into a coma is classic.

https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/how-the-art-of-persuasion-saved-the-tcu-horned-frogs/

Quote:

"After waiting for several hours, I was finally allowed to see him," recollects Del Conte. "I walked into his office and said 'Hi, I'm Chris Del Conte from Texas Christian University' and DeLoss looked up from his desk and replied, 'Nice to meet you Del!' I figured if I was successful in persuading him to vote for us, he'd eventually figure out what my name actually was."

The two men spent the next several hours having drinks and dinner at a private club in downtown Austin, discussing the state of college athletics and the issues their institutions were facing.

When the time was right, Del Conte presented Dodds with binders full of information overlaying TCU's academic reputation, athletic success and the program's potential if given the opportunity to compete in a league like the Big 12. But most importantly, the two spent the majority of their time together talking about themselves, how they grew up and the type of life they were trying to provide for their families and those they cared about.

mulch
AG
That will NEVER get old
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.