Arkansas record last 4 years: 4-8, 2-10, 2-10, 3-7

4,782 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
mulch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to add these guys to the murderers row paint shop
hogfan14
Adding in a 3-7 all-SEC schedule record to that is disingenuous. If the bowl game wasn't canceled Arkansas had a chance to go 7-6 on a normal schedule last season. That's not outstanding or anything but also pretty solid for a coach's first year given what Pittman inherited and logically you'd expect an improvement in the second season.

Not sure why people reference the Chad Morris years like this year doesn't have an entirely new roster and coaching staff. Three years is an eternity in college football.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Pittman is getting the job done there.

AggieBaseball06
AG
hogfan14 said:

Adding in a 3-7 all-SEC schedule record to that is disingenuous. If the bowl game wasn't canceled Arkansas had a chance to go 7-6 on a normal schedule last season. That's not outstanding or anything but also pretty solid for a coach's first year given what Pittman inherited and logically you'd expect an improvement in the second season.

Not sure why people reference the Chad Morris years like this year doesn't have an entirely new roster and coaching staff. Three years is an eternity in college football.

If Clemson or Alabama had gone 3-7 last year, it might have been a bit disingenuous. Mentioning a 3-7 year after going a combined 8-28 over the 3 years before that is just par for the course. Going 3-7 actually raised your winning percentage.

And if I had rock hard abs and a private jet, I could have slept with the entire Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders squad. But I don't. No one gives a **** about what could have happened.
Repeat the Line
Pigs stormed the field because they know there's a new bottom feeder coming soon to a conference pod near you!
Anchorhold
The team better not overlook any conference opponent.
hogfan14
AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

If Clemson or Alabama had gone 3-7 last year, it might have been a bit disingenuous. Mentioning a 3-7 year after going a combined 8-28 over the 3 years before that is just par for the course. Going 3-7 actually raised your winning percentage.

And if I had rock hard abs and a private jet, I could have slept with the entire Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders squad. But I don't. No one gives a **** about what could have happened.
Having Florida and Georgia added to a schedule replacing G5 teams and accounting for that is just common sense, sorry.
SchizoAg
AG
hogfan14 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

Having Florida and Georgia added to a schedule replacing G5 teams and accounting for that is just common sense, sorry.
Dude, we're trying to humiliate the sips here. Why aren't you playing along?
AggieBaseball06
AG
hogfan14 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

Common sense? Common sense would dictate that an Arkansas team that in 2019 barely squeaked out a win against Portland State, lost to San Jose State, and got prison raped by Western Kentucky at home shouldn't be counting games against G5 teams as free wins in 2020.
hogfan14
AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

Common sense? Common sense would dictate that an Arkansas team that in 2019 barely squeaked out a win against Portland State, lost to San Jose State, and got prison raped by Western Kentucky at home shouldn't be counting games against G5 teams as free wins in 2020.
Arkansas was clearly a completely different team in 2020 under an entirely new coaching staff. It's not even close to an apples to apples situation lol. We were less than 10 combined points away from beating LSU, Auburn and Missouri as well. This ain't the Chad Morris losing 45-17 to Western Kentucky team anymore.
mulch
AG
You won 3 games in 2020

Do they teach math in Arkansas?

Silly question I guess
David_Puddy
AG
Looks like we're replacing the delusional t-shirt sip fans who it took 2 whole weeks to run off with delusional Arky fans. Whatever, I'll take it.
hogfan14
David_Puddy said:

Looks like we're replacing the delusional t-shirt sip fans who it took 2 whole weeks to run off with delusional Arky fans. Whatever, I'll take it.
I'm the one that's delusional because I'm saying a team that was less than 10 points away from going 6-4 against the hardest schedule in college football full of SEC-only games is significantly better than one that went 2-10 losing to WKU and San Jose State?

Pretty sure any college football fan would agree with that. But yeah, let's just look at the record and apply zero context to it like it's no different than 2019.
racerfink
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
91AggieLawyer
AG
hogfan14 said:

Adding in a 3-7 all-SEC schedule record to that is disingenuous. If the bowl game wasn't canceled Arkansas had a chance to go 7-6 on a normal schedule last season.

This doesn't compute.

Arkansas won 3 games -- over Ole Miss (5-5), Miss. State (4-7), and Tennessee (3-7). Despite the fact that none of those teams were any good (the best win among the lot was freakin' Tulsa; Ole Miss' win over Indiana in the bowl was nice, but that was their only win over a .500 or better team). San Jose St., who you lost to in 2019, went 7-1 last year. There's no guarantee you would have won all, much less ANY, of your non-con games. That would have been the ONLY way you get to 7 wins in a "normal" year.

But don't take my word for it, look at your original 2020 pre-covid schedule. It included Kent State (who went 3-1), Notre Dame (you know where that went), Charleston Southern and UL Monroe (OK, I'll give you those 2).

Miss. St. was dreadful early in the year. So was Ole Miss for that matter. The fact is, you lucked out by getting them in the first 4 games, and you would have gotten Miss. St. in game 3, so there's win number 3. Tennessee would be 4, but I won't give you Ole Miss. They were much better than you were later in the season and were playing better for Kiffin. Even IF you did win that game, its win number 5. AT BEST. No way you get to 7. You can't prove you would have beaten anyone you didn't actually beat last year. I don't think it appears you're trying to say that, but it does seem that you're depending on us lacking the interest to check the actual schedules so you can get away with some intellectual dishonesty.
Muy
AG
Why is there a random Arkansas fan here, defending his school's honor when the entire point of this thread zoomed over his skull?
hogfan14
91AggieLawyer said:

hogfan14 said:

Adding in a 3-7 all-SEC schedule record to that is disingenuous. If the bowl game wasn't canceled Arkansas had a chance to go 7-6 on a normal schedule last season.

This doesn't compute.

Arkansas won 3 games -- over Ole Miss (5-5), Miss. State (4-7), and Tennessee (3-7). Despite the fact that none of those teams were any good (the best win among the lot was freakin' Tulsa; Ole Miss' win over Indiana in the bowl was nice, but that was their only win over a .500 or better team). San Jose St., who you lost to in 2019, went 7-1 last year. There's no guarantee you would have won all, much less ANY, of your non-con games. That would have been the ONLY way you get to 7 wins in a "normal" year.

But don't take my word for it, look at your original 2020 pre-covid schedule. It included Kent State (who went 3-1), Notre Dame (you know where that went), Charleston Southern and UL Monroe (OK, I'll give you those 2).

Miss. St. was dreadful early in the year. So was Ole Miss for that matter. The fact is, you lucked out by getting them in the first 4 games, and you would have gotten Miss. St. in game 3, so there's win number 3. Tennessee would be 4, but I won't give you Ole Miss. They were much better than you were later in the season and were playing better for Kiffin. Even IF you did win that game, its win number 5. AT BEST. No way you get to 7. You can't prove you would have beaten anyone you didn't actually beat last year. I don't think it appears you're trying to say that, but it does seem that you're depending on us lacking the interest to check the actual schedules so you can get away with some intellectual dishonesty.
So you're relying on hypotheticals on how the Ole Miss game would be played later in the year, but you don't buy my hypothetical that we would have beaten KENT STATE? Lol.

Two of Ole Miss's opponents later in the year were Vanderbilt and South Carolina, two terrible teams that Arkansas didn't get to play. They played LSU about the same as Arkansas did, and beat Mississippi State about the same that Arkansas did. How is that "playing better?" Their game against A&M was canceled and would have easily been the toughest opponent in that stretch.

Bottom line is you think Kent State was a better team than Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and even Auburn, LSU or Missouri that Arkansas basically had coin flips with?
Deplorable
hogfan14 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

hogfan14 said:

This doesn't compute.

So you're relying on hypotheticals on how the Ole Miss game would be played later in the year, but you don't buy my hypothetical that we would have beaten KENT STATE? Lol.

Two of Ole Miss's opponents later in the year were Vanderbilt and South Carolina, two terrible teams that Arkansas didn't get to play. They played LSU about the same as Arkansas did, and beat Mississippi State about the same that Arkansas did. How is that "playing better?" Their game against A&M was canceled and would have easily been the toughest opponent in that stretch.

Bottom line is you think Kent State was a better team than Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and even Auburn, LSU or Missouri that Arkansas basically had coin flips with?
Doesn't matter - you would still find a way to suck, because that's what you guys do.

If you'd played Kent State and blown them out, you would have lost to Tennessee. Why, because your teams sucks donkey nuts.
mulch
AG
The Old Rivalries forum has seen a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggg line of dip-****s, sociopaths, stalkers and morons.

But this Hogfan is quickly moving up that list.

Keep showing us the diarrhea in your skull.

It's a bold strategy to completely dismiss the ACTUAL result of a game. But hey bud, we're here for the entertainment.

Clearly Arakansas should have been in the playoff last year and by god Sloppy Sammy Pittman is now the coach in waiting for Bama.

Who cares that A&M has beat y'all 8 or 9 years in a row?

The score doesn't matter. It's whatever diarrhea brains here thinks that goes.

Go feel up your sister

SgtBarbarossa
I get what you're saying, hogfan, but man this is the wrong forum for trying to defend your team.
Science Denier
AG
Muy said:

Why is there a random Arkansas fan here, defending his school's honor when the entire point of this thread zoomed over his skull?

Well, what should he do when he's finished with his sister?
TaxLawAg
They aren't making fun of you, Hogfan. They're making fun of Texas. Arkansas appears to be headed in the right direction.
A New Hope
The team had better not be overlooking Arky. They'll stomp us if we don't bring our best game.
ABATTBQ11
AG
hogfan14 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

hogfan14 said:

So you suck and need G5 teams to pad your stats? At least you admit it...
Rec
AG
Also not noted was that Texas would have easily won the game if the refs had enforced the BDF horns down penalty appropriately
mulch
AG
A&M also added Florida last year.

And we beat them.

No chance this Hogfan shows his face after this week
hogfan14
mulch said:

It's a bold strategy to completely dismiss the ACTUAL result of a game. But hey bud, we're here for the entertainment.

I never did that lol. The guy I responded to pretended like the Ole Miss-Arkansas score would have been different if it occurred later in the season despite actual results on the field. I simply accounted for an all-SEC record needing context compared to previous seasons which any logical person would do.

Anyway, looking forward to the game Saturday. We're 3-0 so we must be really good since schedules don't matter.
Horn2015
This post aged well.

At least Aggie is winning time of possession.

Looks like those polls that had The University of Texas ahead of Aggie were right.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Go skitter back to the woodworks
Horn2015
It's OK Aggie. We know you really didn't lose to the worst SEC team, as this thread tried to imply.

You did win time of possession.
OMeara
And halftime.
digging tunnels
AG
Horn2015 said:

This post aged well.

At least Aggie is winning time of possession.

Looks like those polls that had The University of Texas ahead of Aggie were right.

Welcome back you chicken***** How did i know you would reappear. How was your sabbatical?
OMeara
EVERYONE knew we would reappear because......Texas A&M.

You can always be counted on to over-state, over-reach, just over anything to try and go 1 - up on Big Brother.
And you never disappoint, at least not us ....
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol...it's not hard to out do tsippers. Yall beat a **** tech team and come out of the woodworks on your not-rival forum. Lol pathetic
Because I'm Batman!

Horn2015
Dark_Knight said:

Lol...it's not hard to out do tsippers. Yall beat a **** tech team and come out of the woodworks on your not-rival forum. Lol pathetic

Got nothing to do with Tech. Aggie makes a post about how bad Arky is, and then gets their **** pushed in by them.

Typical dumbass Aggie. It's why the entire world lsughs at you.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.