2022 U.S. News Rankings released

4,458 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
TAMU bball fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
17) Rice
38) UT-Austin
68) SMU (tie)
68) Texas A&M
75) Baylor
83) TCU
136) UT-Dallas
179) UH
213) Texas Tech
249) Sam Houston State
277) UNT
288) UT-Arlington
Taz1991
We let the previous coach hang around way too long.
TAMU bball fan
Taz1991 said:

We let the current chancellor hang around way too long.

FIFY
buda91
AG
Is this up or down significantly from where we usually get ranked by those guys?
Dark_Knight
AG
Pretty sure tu is down and A&M is climbing the ranks.
Because I'm Batman!

West Point Aggie
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Per THESE rankings yes to the tu part, no to the A&M climbing the ranks (there's like 8 schools tied at 68)…we've been stuck roughly there for years!

In the SEC we lag behind Vandy, UF and UGA
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Half of your statement is true…the tu part
Let’s Go Brandon!
AggieBaseball06
AG
Baylor at 75?
TAMU bball fan
2012 U.S. News Rankings (released in 2011 when Sharp became Chancellor)

45) UT- Austin
58) Texas A&M

2022 U.S. News Rankings

38) UT-Austin
68) Texas A&M

A&M ranked as low as 74 in 2017 before President Young paused enrollment growth and hired more faculty to catch up to the increase in enrollment. It sounds like they're growing the student body again under President Banks.
West Point Aggie
AG
You neglect to mention how we were ranked mid 60s (almost where we are now) 2005 -2011 and tu mid to upper 40s. Regardless, it is embarrassing rankings anyway you look at them to be behind florida (trashiest state in the union) and Georgia? A&M should only be behind Vandy in the SEC until the sips show up.
Let’s Go Brandon!
TAMU bball fan
West Point Aggie said:

You neglect to mention how we were ranked mid 60s (almost where we are now) 2005 -2011 and tu mid to upper 40s. Regardless, it is embarrassing rankings anyway you look at them to be behind florida (trashiest state in the union) and Georgia? A&M should only be behind Vandy in the SEC until the sips show up.

And when you compare A&M's endowment compared to Florida's and Georgia's it becomes that much more puzzling.
Dark_Knight
AG
and in other rankings, A&M is #1 in TX....
Because I'm Batman!

LOYAL AG
AG
TAMU bball fan said:

West Point Aggie said:

And when you compare A&M's endowment compared to Florida's and Georgia's it becomes that much more puzzling.

What is each school's endowment per capita? That's a better measure than just dollars.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

and in other rankings, A&M is #1 in TX....
?

Dark_Knight
AG
https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/texas-a-m-ranked-the-no-17-best-public-university-report

Forbes and there was another, I think the Washington rankings put A&M as #1 public school in TX.
Because I'm Batman!

Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/texas-a-m-ranked-the-no-17-best-public-university-report

Forbes and there was another, I think the Washington rankings put A&M as #1 public school in TX.
Thanks and kudos to A&M.
YouBet
AG
US News rankings are crap and where exposed long ago by folks across all spectrums as crap.

Granted, they've created a self-fulfilling prophecy here to some degree because the average reader knee jerk to them and assume they are the gold standard.
Just Saying
YouBet said:

US News rankings are crap and where exposed long ago by folks across all spectrums as crap.

Granted, they've created a self-fulfilling prophecy here to some degree because the average reader knee jerk to them and assume they are the gold standard.
That may be true, but most other rankings have UT ahead of A&M.

I guess it could be a conspiracy to keep the Aggies down, or the more straightforward answer is, it's the truth.

Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

I have to take my Kudos back. Kxxv needs to fact-check their posts. The link shows that A&M is ranked 17th in public universities, and TEXAS is ranked 15th.
Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

Dark_Knight
AG
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021college-guide/best-bang-for-the-buck-rankings-south/
Because I'm Batman!

Dark_Knight
AG
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021college-guide/national
Because I'm Batman!

YouBet
AG
Just Saying said:

YouBet said:

That may be true, but most other rankings have UT ahead of A&M.

I guess it could be a conspiracy to keep the Aggies down, or the more straightforward answer is, it's the truth.

I wasn't really referring to any individual schools. It's just known that there ranking methodology is crap.
Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021college-guide/national
So the Forbes ranking didn't work out for you, but you will always have the Washington Monthly rankings. Kudos for being a bargain school.
David_Puddy
AG
Losers whose teams get fisted by Arky have to run academic smack on a Texas A&M Rivalries board. Dipsh-t
Just Saying
David_Puddy said:

Losers whose teams get fisted by Arky have to run academic smack on a Texas A&M Rivalries board. Dipsh-t
LMAO. Puffy, Maybe you should read the topic before you comment. I was discussing the original subject. However, you bring up getting fisted by Arky. I didn't mean to trigger a disturbing fisting memory of yours. Maybe you should seek therapy.

David_Puddy
AG
Just Saying said:

David_Puddy said:

LMAO. Puffy, Maybe you should read the topic before you comment. I was discussing the original subject. However, you bring up getting fisted by Arky. I didn't mean to trigger a disturbing fisting memory of yours. Maybe you should seek therapy.

The Texas administration sure does appreciate you spending your time e-defending their rankings on an Aggie sports message board. What a dumbass.
Muy
AG
Going on 10 years and all the sips still brag about with their biggest rival is academic smack.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Why do people give af about a school rank for an undergraduate degree?

Who gets the best paying and most lucrative career start for relevant careers? That should be the start and end to any undergrad ranking.

Not how bicurious the student population is and how tolerant the faculty is to dildo waving and putting whitey in his or xer place.

These rankings mean nothing to me and shouldn't to most rational human beings.
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol...I even mentioned the Washington ranking in an earlier post, dip***** tu being ranked 2 spots higher in Forbes means nothing. That's like within range of error for whatever data they use. Just realize that tu really isn't better than A&M.

You going to cry because someone thinks that your tshirt school isn't all that? Most of these rankings are bs anyway. However, I do appreciate the fact that A&M did receive the Free Speech award. But please, cry some more.
Because I'm Batman!

Just Saying
David_Puddy said:

LOL. Congrats David_Duddy, Your team just got fisted by Arky on a neutral field in Texas.
Just Saying
Dark_Knight said:

Lol...I even mentioned the Washington ranking in an earlier post, dip***** tu being ranked 2 spots higher in Forbes means nothing. That's like within range of error for whatever data they use. Just realize that tu really isn't better than A&M.

You going to cry because someone thinks that your tshirt school isn't all that? Most of these rankings are bs anyway. However, I do appreciate the fact that A&M did receive the Free Speech award. But please, cry some more.
I'm not crying, I'm laughing at your Aggie inferiority complex. Washington Monthly, that's so cute.
Dark_Knight
AG
Just Saying said:

Dark_Knight said:

I'm not crying, I'm laughing at your Aggie inferiority complex. Washington Monthly, that's so cute.

Lol no inferiority complex, definitely never feel inferior to tu or any teasipper. You're the little ****** coming back trying to run academic smack for a school you didn't attend. So awesome.

Please come cry some more.
Because I'm Batman!

David_Puddy
AG
Just Saying said:

David_Puddy said:

LOL. Congrats David_Duddy, Your team just got fisted by Arky on a neutral field in Texas.

We lost by half as much as you did and lost to them for the first time since joining the SEC. Stick to trying to run academic smack, dildo.
Muy
AG
As horrible as the Ags played we were still in the game in the 4th. Sips were blown out from the opening kickoff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.