Some Quotes From SurlyHorns

8,588 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bob Knights Paper Hands
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up with a fussy baby and wanted a little entertainment.

0-0
Quote:

Alabama beat Ark 52-3 last year but didn't score the first offensive td until 2nd q

3-0
Quote:

Bright side is Arkansas offense isn't good and isn't dropping 45 on us. Just need the offense to ge their heads out of their ass.

Only because they took a borderline erotic knee.

3-0
Quote:

This feels like a game Texas can figure out and exploit the Hog's flaws. Might take a quarter or so, but Texas has better talent.

Spoiler alert, it's not.

Quote:

I would like to be the 1st ******* tonight to proclaim:

Ballgame

This ream sucks!

Fire EVERYONE!

just kidding, think we'll figure this out and win convincingly

Quote:

Sark got this, yall chill

Quote:

You know how sometimes you let your opponent have some small victories with their aggressions early in a game. Yeah. Chess. Not checkers, mfers.

Feeling awfully confident after a first down.

Quote:

I swear to show up knowing we are their Super Bowl and plying like this is mind blowing. If it were Herman I would understand

10-0. Reality starting to set in

Quote:

Well folks we might've fallen for the fools gold again

Quote:

You mean Sark doesn't look like a genius when you take away blue chips at every position, a huge advantage all over the field every game, OL domination and wide open WRs all game? No way!! This was always a dumb ass argument of why he was a good hire here. Because what he did inside the Bama machine? A chimp could go up there and have success with Bama's offense.

This is Strong, Herman all over again.

Quote:

This is their Super Bowl. They'd rather beat Texas than anyone, so they may shoot their wad early. I think Sark can make some changes and get us going.

This guy still has hope.

Quote:

arkansas is going to hang 40 on us

Yup!

After fumbled snap by punter.

Quote:

Calm down you little *****es. There is no way in ****ing hell we are losing this game.

Halftime

Quote:

FTR you all are little *****es

Just put $30 on the Texas moneyline +400

See you in a couple hours when I'm $120 richer!

23-7

Quote:

Looks like we ran out of gas and the brakes fell off.

More like brakes locked up. Can't have brakes fall off if you have no brakes. The wheels fell off.

Quote:

coaches just come here to get their payday, jerk off for 3 years, and get their buyout.

Stuffed on 4th down in their territory.

Quote:

We're Texas. Crowing before achieving anything is our specialty

Quote:

firing brown started this gotdamn nightmare journey

Quote:

Nothing to even say. Who knows when Texas will field a competent football program again.

This coaching staff looks worse than anything Tom Herman ever put on the field

Quote:

Do we have to go to the SEC?

Fumble followed by 1 play drive for TD

Quote:

This is getting embarrassing. My god.

all the good feelings from a week ago - POOF!

Quote:

When's basketball start?
Gilligan
AG
It's a good morning!
jb 00
racerfink
Quote:

You mean Sark doesn't look like a genius when you take away blue chips at every position, a huge advantage all over the field every game, OL domination and wide open WRs all game? No way!! This was always a dumb ass argument of why he was a good hire here. Because what he did inside the Bama machine? A chimp could go up there and have success with Bama's offense

Maybe they should have hired the chimp instead of the stripper with a monkey.
MizooAg94
AG
Thank you for taking the time to post that. I enjoyed reading it.
AgCat93
AG
Up with a fussy baby and read nonsense from other fussy babies?

Dr. Mephisto
AG
Thank your fussy baby for us.

That was amusing!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Absolute gold
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jb 00 said:

The sips are dreaming of another bowl game on the River Walk this season.
mortal
AG
I thought the best of surly horns was a standard sip expectation. It was after the sip recovering the fumble was called out of bounds before he touched the ball (recovery nullified):

"That's the correct call, but dammit, that's not the spirit of the game! Ticky tacky."
superunknown
AG
Quote:

We're Texas. Crowing before achieving anything is our specialty

most self aware sip ever?
BohunkAg
AG
What a great anthology. I can't wait for the sequel!
wbt5845
AG
"We're their Super Bowl."

Man, if you could sum up sip hubris in one sentence, that's it. You hear that BS over and over again.

No dude - just a non conference game against a mediocre opponent. You're not all that.
SchizoAg
AG
wbt5845 said:

"We're their Super Bowl."

Man, if you could sum up sip hubris in one sentence, that's it. You hear that BS over and over again.

No dude - just a non conference game against a mediocre opponent. You're not all that.
Failing to get your players jacked up before games is a coaching issue. Good coaches figure out whatever psychological device is necessary to get players excited and ready to bash skulls. "We're everyone's Super Bowl" is a tacit admission that your coaching staff is piss-poor at motivating your players. If several coaches in a row have the same problem, you should start to consider that maybe your entitled dildo culture is at fault.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It really blows my mind that every year. every f***ing year, these kids are told that the Texas game is our opponents super bowl every f***ing week. and for the last 11 years at least our players act like they are stunned that they are playing against a team that wants to beat them every week.
From this weeks meltdown. https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2021/9/14/22670046/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-week-two-ballistic-bucks-and-unhappy-horns
The Agly Duckling
Blue Star for you, OP
West Point Aggie
AG
wbt5845 said:

"Man, if you could sum up sip hubris in one sentence, that's it. You hear that BS over and over again.

This is it right there…pretty simple actually!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Rec
AG
Might not be anyone else's Super Bowl but it's my Super Bowl every week.
West Point Aggie
AG
I had not been to surlysips in a while…wow those clowns are exactly what you'd expect from that bunch.
Let’s Go Brandon!
David_Puddy
AG
Beautiful OP. Love seeing these morons scatter like cockroaches after an embarrassing loss
ghollow
AG
As soon as they win one or we lose one, they will be back. They can dish it out, they just can't take it. Everyone except Dub. He is on this forum more than most of us.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
fessparker
AG
I hope no one copies the game thread from the CU game and evaluates the loyalty of our fan base. As much as I dislike the sense of entitlement displayed by the tu fans, I also have great difficulty tolerating the ignorant entitlement displayed on the Texags game threads.
Shoefly!
AG
fessparker said:

I hope no one copies the game thread from the CU game and evaluates the loyalty of our fan base. As much as I dislike the sense of entitlement displayed by the tu fans, I also have great difficulty tolerating the ignorant entitlement displayed on the Texags game threads.

I'm with you, it's pretty sad.
wbt5845
AG
fessparker said:

I have got to quit posting on the game thread. Too many morons who don't understand the rules of the game. Simply complaining about the officiating every single damn play. Those guys must be a joy to watch a game with IRL.
MooreTrucker
AG
ghollow said:

As soon as they win one or we lose one, they will be back. They can dish it out, they just can't take it. Everyone except Dub. He is on this forum more than most of us.
He's also WAY older than most of us.
MooreTrucker
AG
wbt5845 said:

fessparker said:

I have got to quit posting on the game thread. Too many morons who don't understand the rules of the game. Simply complaining about the officiating every single damn play. Those guys must be a joy to watch a game with IRL.
I sat behind and in front of morons like that last weekend. Just ridiculous the lack of understanding of football by some of the loudest idiots.

RUN THE BAAAAAAALLLLL!!! RUN THE DAMN BAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!
Jack Squat 83
AG
The dumb ones are always the loudest ones.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
AgBQ-00
AG
wbt5845 said:

fessparker said:

Have tried to read the game thread live before. It is just a complete beating. Very easy to tell that most never once stepped foot on the field to play a game in their lives.
HTownAg98
The Meltdown had some gems as well. You should read all of them.
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2021/9/14/22670046/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-week-two-ballistic-bucks-and-unhappy-horns
TequilaMockingbird
bump
CajunAg86
From yesterday's game thread, compliments to Aggie87

Surly comments:

"We also will never be above .500 in the sec. We are Vanderbilt at best."

"It's no accident anymore. It's our culture. It's our decision making. This is now the third hire after Mack. It's us."

"Baylor fans don't even rush the field anymore after beating us. That's how low we are."

"If you could make a deal with the devil where we win a National Championship, but then we suck for the following 20 years, would you take the deal? Back in 2005 somebody made that deal.....There is no other explanation."

"Can someone help figure out what is required now to get into the big 12 championship? So if OK state loses out and baylor loses out and WV loses out and Kansas loses out, are we in?"

"So…..I'm not saying go all Marshall or anything….but a non fatal bus crash on I 35 this afternoon which required forfeiting the rest of the season and necessitated replacement of all personnel associated with this ****show wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened"

"When we move we will struggle with alabama, georgia when we play them, and blowu, but the rest of the SEC is garbage. The Big 12 top isn't as good as the SEC top teams but the average is waaaay higher. A bad year for us in the SEC is 3 losses."

Heh.

"Watching Longhorn football has devolved into what I imagine a colonoscopy will be like. You feel obligated to do it, although you don't really look forward to it. The exprience itself is uncomfortable. And even if it goes as well as it possibly can, its more a sense of relief, and you're just biding time until you have to suffer through it all again."

" Dude. Colonoscopies are awesome. You get to totally cleanse and sh$t water the night before, then drift off into lalaland and wake up with a cool buzz that lasts the rest of the day. 10 zillion times better experience that a Texas football game"

" What is it 7 conference titles since 1973? 1 MNC in 51 years with a once a century recruit? Texas fans (including myself) need to lower expectations and quit trusting recruiting rankings. If the top brass don't get serious about winning football games, The move to the SEC is going to have you begging for Kansas and Tech every year. "

" I'm gonna just go back to NCAA '14 where I lead Texas to it's 104th national title. "

" What time is our 11am kick vs Iowa State next week?"
coolerguy12
AG
Quote:

When we move we will struggle with alabama, georgia when we play them, and blowu, but the rest of the SEC is garbage. The Big 12 top isn't as good as the SEC top teams but the average is waaaay higher. A bad year for us in the SEC is 3 losses.

Did this guy completely forget the Arkansas game this year? That's about as middle of the road SEC as it gets.
Muy
AG
Arkansas was middle of the road for a few weeks, not anymore…
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Arkansas is going to end up near the bottom of the SEC but they destroyed tu. But the average BDF team is way better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.