Arkansas better off in BDF

7,475 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
screw-tu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wish I could read this s**t

[url] https://theathletic.com/2631894/2021/06/07/why-the-sec-hasnt-been-right-for-arkansas-and-why-the-big-12-would-be-better-for-razorbacks-fans-ubben/?amp[/url]
Science Denier
AG
Easier competition = more wins

They are right, you know.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ubben must have a midget brain to go with his midget body
hunter2012
AG
Would they be a "Junior" member getting a token slice of the pie? I imagine leaving the SWC would disqualify them from Preferred Membership...
AgDotCom
Ubben continues his multi decade run as a clown. This is pretty much like saying the Jacksonville Jaguars would be better off in the USFL.
Jimbo4win
AG
From 1998-2011, they weren't all that bad(Houston Nutt and Bobby Petrino). They went 109-65 in that span and were fairly consistent outside of the 2004/2005 seasons. Neckbrace had them rolling in 2011. He was #3 in the country at one point finishing in the top 5.
91_Aggie
AG
Ain't no way Arkansas gives up all that $EC money to "be a better fit"

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Arkansas was hurt the most by us joining the SEC. Why would a recruit in Texas go to Arkansas when the can now stay in state and also still play in the SEC.
JWinTX
Ubben is a tu mouthpiece, always has been, always will be. And Arky can enjoy playing A&M for SWC nostalgia still, while also playing Mizzou, LSU, and other states they actually share something in common with, all while getting paid handsomely.

This is just to get clicks and try to help Texas.
LOYAL AG
AG
Arkie was the first school to figure out how bad of a business partner sip is. Why on earth would they return to that situation?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
DifferenceMaker Ag
LOYAL AG said:

Arkie was the first school to figure out how bad of a business partner sip is. Why on earth would they return to that situation?
Anytime some Arky turncoat brings this up on one of their boards, he gets his teeth kicked in and a gallon of meth slag dumped down his throat. They aren't going anywhere. I dare say that they hate tu every bit as much as we do.
West Point Aggie
AG
LOL at the idea of arkansas leaving for that disaster.
Let’s Go Brandon!
hogfan14
Baron Von Flag Smasher said:

Arkansas was hurt the most by us joining the SEC. Why would a recruit in Texas go to Arkansas when the can now stay in state and also still play in the SEC.
Actually if you look at the statistics, Arkansas is getting around the same number of players from Texas as they were before A&M joined the SEC. I do think A&M is getting more players that were going to Texas before so in a roundabout way it probably hurt Arkansas.

What hurt Arkansas' Texas recruiting more was leaving for the SEC, haven't recruited Texas very well under any coach since then.

As for leaving for the Big 12, I just don't see the point. Maybe it leads to 8 wins per year instead of around 6 wins per year in the SEC but you're still not going to be winning titles most years with Texas and OU still there. Not worth the loss in revenue to move a few notches up in the conference standings.
Science Denier said:

If only there were teams that played in both conferences...
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Jimbo4win
AG
hogfan14 said:

Actually if you look at the statistics, Arkansas is getting around the same number of players from Texas as they were before A&M joined the SEC. I do think A&M is getting more players that were going to Texas before so in a roundabout way it probably hurt Arkansas.

What hurt Arkansas' Texas recruiting more was leaving for the SEC, haven't recruited Texas very well under any coach since then.

As for leaving for the Big 12, I just don't see the point. Maybe it leads to 8 wins per year instead of around 6 wins per year in the SEC but you're still not going to be winning titles most years with Texas and OU still there. Not worth the loss in revenue to move a few notches up in the conference standings.

I would definitely be concerned about winning the B12 with OU in the conference. Texas though? Has something changed over the last 25 years to make them a threat to ever win that conference?
hogfan14
Jimbo4win said:

hogfan14 said:

I would definitely be concerned about winning the B12 with OU in the conference. Texas though? Has something changed over the last 25 years to make them a threat to ever win that conference?
I mean I hate them as much as anyone but they'll always recruit well because well, they're Texas. Coaching hires have been very underwhelming lately though and not sure that changes with Sark. Still they finished in the top 10 just three years ago even during a really uncharacteristic stretch for them lately.
Jimbo4win
AG
hogfan14 said:

Jimbo4win said:

hogfan14 said:

I mean I hate them as much as anyone but they'll always recruit well because well, they're Texas. Coaching hires have been very underwhelming lately though and not sure that changes with Sark. Still they finished in the top 10 just three years ago even during a really uncharacteristic stretch for them lately.
Jimbo4win
AG
Jimbo4win said:

hogfan14 said:

Jimbo4win said:

hogfan14 said:

Fair enough..Just remember they are TCU's homecoming game every year for a reason
BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

The biggest hub for Arkansas alumni outside state lines? It's the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, an area not in the SEC footprint that's a melting pot of graduates from Arkansas' potential new conference mates.

West Point Aggie
AG
Like tu, why would arkansas risk becoming iowa states b****?!?
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie said:

Iowa St is 4-11 vs Texas
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
33 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Iowa St is 4-11 vs Texas

3-3 (username checks out) last 6 meetings
Anchorhold
ABATTBQ11
AG
JWinTX said:

Ubben is a tu mouthpiece, always has been, always will be. And Arky can enjoy playing A&M for SWC nostalgia still, while also playing Mizzou, LSU, and other states they actually share something in common with, all while getting paid handsomely.

This is just to get clicks and try to help Texas.

If by mouthpiece you mean oral c*ck holster, then yes, yes he is.
AggieBand2004
AG
33 said:

Science Denier said:

If only there were teams that played in both conferences...

Quit calling, we're not interested. It's over, and we're not getting back together.
West Point Aggie
AG
33 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Iowa St is 4-11 vs Texas

Poor little tea siphanging on to wins from the 90s and Macs years. make no mistake, you've become their b**** and those corn people do not fear you!

After you go 3-4 after this year, you can still cling to those late 90s matches for comfort!
Let’s Go Brandon!
GIF Reactor
AG
1. The grass is always greener.

2. People sure have short memories. Just because a program is dominant or a doormat right now doesn't indicate mean it'll always be that way.
West Point Aggie said:

33 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Iowa St is 4-11 vs Texas

Poor little tea siphanging on to wins from the 90s and Macs years. make no mistake, you've become their b**** and those corn people do not fear you!

After you go 3-4 after this year, you can still cling to those late 90s matches for comfort!

I'm not hanging on to anything. My philosophy is that you're only as good as you are today.

I was merely pointing out that 4-11 does not make a team a b*tch to another. No team is in fear of any other team in college football.

If 3-3 is bad, then you won't like your status with Miss St, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
McInnis80
Saying Arkansas would be better in the Big 12 is like saying Hudderfield Town will be better now that they have been relegated from the Premier League to the Championship. I would not want to be the AD who told my school President that they need to move to the Big 12 even though it will mean an annual haircut of around $30M. Yes, they would like to play t.u. and OU, but they have built an identity of being an SEC school

Sorry Bevo, enjoy your trip to Fayetteville, but the Hogs have left for the Premier League of CFB, the SEC, and they have no interest in joining you in a second tier league.
Reno Hightower
This likely has nothing to do with pig playing 'sip this fall.
Muy
AG
But I thought that Arkansas took their ball and ran away first?
up-n-aTm
AG
33 said:

If 3-3 is bad, then you won't like your status with Miss St, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

Iowa State is NOT Miss St, Auburn, LSU or Alabama. HTH
up-n-aTm said:

33 said:

They are in the top 10 of virtually every poll right now. Ranked as a better team than Miss St, Auburn or LSU.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
AggieBand2004
AG
33 said:

up-n-aTm said:

33 said:

They are in the top 10 of virtually every poll right now. Ranked as a better team than Miss St, Auburn or LSU.

You just switched from recent head-to-head records, to current ranking... are you "touched"?
DifferenceMaker Ag
33 said:

up-n-aTm said:

33 said:

Pre-season rankings smack talk. Nice.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.